11-25-2011 11:53 PM
54 123
tools
    My store doesn't honor online prices and doesn't have the Titan in stock, so I'm double screwed.
    Why not order online then? Also... most stores don't honor online 3rd party retailers, but a majority of them that I know match it if it's on AT&T's website.
    11-25-2011 12:21 PM
    I am going to order online. Sight unseen and who knows what delivery date, which is what sucks.
    11-25-2011 01:25 PM
    I'm so getting one tomorrow for a penny. Was gonna go to the store, but the store I prefer is in a super busy shopping area, so gonna do it online. They did say they'd honor their online prices, but not for third parties, only AT&T.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    11-25-2011 02:04 PM
    My store doesn't honor online prices and doesn't have the Titan in stock, so I'm double screwed.
    That store's full of crap. Any reputable corporate-owned AT&T store should most def match what they have online. It all comes from the same place!

Here's my advice to everyone. When you go to a store, talk to the manager first hand. If they're not available, then wait (or come back). Because usually the lower tiered workers have no freakin clue about anything & will just say whatever pops into their head without even checking.

I went to my store today & I happened to luck out & have the district manger come up to me to see if I needed any help. Not only is he honoring the penny sale in store (he acted like I was crazy for even asking BTW), he's also HOLDING a Titan for me until I get paid next week (I have to pay my overdue bill before the system would let me upgrade). He put a note right on it to honor the sale at the time of purchase. :)
    palandri likes this.
    11-25-2011 02:20 PM
    ....Because usually the lower tiered workers have no freakin clue about anything & will just say whatever pops into their head without even checking....
    LOL! Sad, but true and it's the reason I stay out of the stores. :D
    11-25-2011 02:30 PM
    LOL! Sad, but true and it's the reason I stay out of the stores. :D
    Its either they're clueless or they're trying to make some commission. I don't think managers make their money off commission.
    11-25-2011 03:16 PM
    I went to AT&T today too, manager told me he can match whatever deals the ATT website offers, but not Amazon's. They 1c deals with AT&T are mainly older or refurb phones - not the focus S, Titan, SGS 2, etc...

I just ordered a 1c titan for me and 1c Focus S for my wife. She didn't like the bigger screen and loved the lighter weight plastic Focus S. I personally love the heavier, solid feel of the Titan along with the bigger screen.

Both of us are coming from blackberry/android phones, so a bit nervous about a new OS. I was THIS close to pullin gthe trigger on the SGS skyrocket but decided on giving WP a try. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    11-25-2011 04:02 PM
    I went to AT&T today too, manager told me he can match whatever deals the ATT website offers, but not Amazon's. They 1c deals with AT&T are mainly older or refurb phones - not the focus S, Titan, SGS 2, etc...

I just ordered a 1c titan for me and 1c Focus S for my wife. She didn't like the bigger screen and loved the lighter weight plastic Focus S. I personally love the heavier, solid feel of the Titan along with the bigger screen.

Both of us are coming from blackberry/android phones, so a bit nervous about a new OS. I was THIS close to pullin gthe trigger on the SGS skyrocket but decided on giving WP a try. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    wow lol,so if that really is the case then all of us waiting for the titan 1c deal are gonna be soo dissapointed. Only a few hours left, lets just wait and see. Honestly though, having worked at a retail store myself, sometimes even the managers have no clue.
    11-25-2011 04:29 PM
    That store's full of crap. Any reputable corporate-owned AT&T store should most def match what they have online. It all comes from the same place!
    There's no middle man... no sales rep that sells it to you. It gets shipped right from the factory. So it isn't BS that online store have better deals, often. You also get to play and interact with the devices in store which also have to be maintained.
    11-25-2011 04:53 PM
    wow lol,so if that really is the case then all of us waiting for the titan 1c deal are gonna be soo dissapointed. Only a few hours left, lets just wait and see. Honestly though, having worked at a retail store myself, sometimes even the managers have no clue.
    The managers usually have no clue more than the reps. Lol. I was a manager at AT&T and I was pretty much the go-to manager for other managers. A lot of them didn't like asking the reps or they'd feel stupid or that they didn't know as much. It was pretty funny and also annoying at one point. They would send a lot of questions my way.

P.S. I worked in a call center. Over 500+ reps, so that was a lot of questions
    11-25-2011 05:44 PM
    I just called three local stores and they all say they won't match the site. In fact most of the reps seem annoyed but I'm guessing they've had several calls about the sale. It's not a huge problem as long as I can still get the deal. I just hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 11-25-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    11-25-2011 06:23 PM
    I just called three local stores and they all say they won't match the site. In fact most of the reps seem annoyed but I'm guessing they've had several calls about sale. It's not a huge problem as long as I can still get the deal. I just hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail.
    Guys, if you live near a Microsoft store nearby, go there today. all Windows phones are free. I got mine ( HTC titan ) from MS store in Santa Clara, CA. I love the phone...Mine was an upgrade .( not a new connection)..good luck..
    11-25-2011 06:30 PM
    Guys, if you live near a Microsoft store nearby, go there today. all Windows phones are free. I got mine ( HTC titan ) from MS store in Santa Clara, CA. I love the phone...Mine was an upgrade .( not a new connection)..good luck..
    Yeah and I believe the deal (free windows phone) lasts until Sunday. At least that was what I was told on Wednesday.
    11-25-2011 07:09 PM
    If only the closest one wasn't hours away, I would've gone there already!!
    11-25-2011 07:19 PM
    If only the closest one wasn't hours away, I would've gone there already!!
    Same here. With gas it would be cheaper to pay the $200 bucks.
    11-25-2011 07:56 PM
    got my titan at an att store for free..soo happy right now...i walk in the store,tell the guy about the penny sale tomorrow and if he can price match the price in store tomorrow morning..he says 'i dont thk the titan is included in that sale'...(this guy actually knew about the Att titan lol) so i tell him im sure it is..tell him to check his website..he does that,talks to his manager,and decides to honor it on the spot..i did not have to wait till tomorrow lol..at the end he's like 'ughh its a penny' and then he's like dont worry about that lol...the only thing he did say was that i might see an upgrade charge of $18 on my next billing cycle which they dont charge online but its fine no big deal..and i also added the $7 a month insurance...it even covers loss of the phone and they replace it for you so its not bad..now its time to actually play with this thing
    11-25-2011 07:58 PM
    I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!
    11-25-2011 08:37 PM
    got my titan at an att store for free..soo happy right now...i walk in the store,tell the guy about the penny sale tomorrow and if he can price match the price in store tomorrow morning..he says 'i dont thk the titan is included in that sale'...(this guy actually knew about the Att titan lol) so i tell him im sure it is..tell him to check his website..he does that,talks to his manager,and decides to honor it on the spot..i did not have to wait till tomorrow lol..at the end he's like 'ughh its a penny' and then he's like dont worry about that lol...the only thing he did say was that i might see an upgrade charge of $18 on my next billing cycle which they dont charge online but its fine no big deal..and i also added the $7 a month insurance...it even covers loss of the phone and they replace it for you so its not bad..now its time to actually play with this thing
    I'm officially jealous because I tried this and it didn't work for me.
    11-25-2011 10:00 PM
    I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!
    I did the same thing. The first person I spoke with said no so I asked for a supervisor and soon as he came on he offered to credit my account.
    11-25-2011 10:04 PM
    I got my Samsung Focus S the day after it came out. Returned it today to an AT&T store got full credit. Then went to the Microsoft store and got my free titan :). I could have gotten another Focus S, but I like the heavier weight of the Titan, Build Quality and larger screen. Although the colors are richer on the Focus S. It was a tough decision.
    11-25-2011 10:12 PM
    Gonna try tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have some success.
    11-25-2011 10:17 PM
    So it's listed on the website for .01 cent as we speak. I thought it was a Black Saturday sale?
    11-25-2011 10:25 PM
    So it's listed on the website for .01 cent as we speak. I thought it was a Black Saturday sale?
    It's up right now: AT&T Special Offers & Deals on TV, Internet, Home Phone and Wireless
    11-25-2011 10:31 PM
    Yeah, threw me off since it was supposedly a Saturday sale and not a Friday sale.

Anybody know if you sign up through an employer discount program if ATT will honor the sale?
    11-25-2011 10:33 PM
    I followed the process for an upgrade to my existing line and the Titan was a penny. I didn't order it though. I am good until the top end Nokia phones come out in 2012.
    11-25-2011 10:37 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD