Bought HTC Titan for 1 CENT!

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this 1 cent deal this Saturday is just an online thing or can I do it at a store? The reason I'm asking is I'm still gradfathered in through the unlimited data plan and I do not want to lose it.

dulciusEXasperis

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to upgrade but they said I'm not eligible till 1/27/11 which I know to be true. So looks like I'll either have to buy it on a new plan and cancel my phone or try to negotiate with the staff in an AT&T store.

OK, so question. If I bought the Titan on a new contract and then proceeded to cancel my current account early, could they then give me my original phone number? Or can I just put in my old SIM card? But then I'd have to cancel the new contract before it even started lol.

Need some advice.

Thanks!

dulciusEXasperis

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this 1 cent deal this Saturday is just an online thing or can I do it at a store? The reason I'm asking is I'm still gradfathered in through the unlimited data plan and I do not want to lose it.
It's online only. I do remember others stating they could stay grandfathered in with their current account. Obviously would be nice to do it through store personnel just so you can be assured everything will work out.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Titan at att.com last night and when I was adding data there was a link that said something like current customers click here. I think it was there so you could keep grandfathered data. Not sure though as i'm a new customer.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to upgrade but they said I'm not eligible till 1/27/11 which I know to be true. So looks like I'll either have to buy it on a new plan and cancel my phone or try to negotiate with the staff in an AT&T store.

OK, so question. If I bought the Titan on a new contract and then proceeded to cancel my current account early, could they then give me my original phone number? Or can I just put in my old SIM card? But then I'd have to cancel the new contract before it even started lol.

Need some advice.

Thanks!

You can't take a number from one line in your account and put it on another line in the same account.

You can swap SIMs, and you will encounter a number of scenarios:

- Keep the new line (for 2 years), and pay the extra add-a-line charge and data plan if you decide to put a smartphone on the new line.
- Keep the new line (for 2 years) and pay the extra add-a-line charge if you decide to put a regular phone on the new line.
- Cancel the new line after 30 days and pay the termination fee (on top of other fees associated with the new account) but keep the phone.
- Cancel the new line within 30 days without a termination fee but return the phone.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
heads up: I posted this elsewhere but for people interested....

From 11/25/11 - 11/28/11 Physical Microsoft stores will be handing over any windows phone on a new 2-year contract at no charge (I won't say free so people dont chime in with remarks about the contractual fees over time).

Great deal for those looking to switch carrier or anyone interested in a new line for whatever reason.

Again, ANY wp7 phone at no charge ($0) when u sign up for any two-year carrier voice and data agreement.

This deal smokes ATT's one penny sale (by one cent!!) because they dont have restocking fees, they sell warrantys for only 49 dollars and also because it includes any carrier!

If u live near a MS store, check it out! :happy:

dulciusEXasperis

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You can't take a number from one line in your account and put it on another line in the same account.

You can swap SIMs, and you will encounter a number of scenarios:

- Keep the new line (for 2 years), and pay the extra add-a-line charge and data plan if you decide to put a smartphone on the new line.
- Keep the new line (for 2 years) and pay the extra add-a-line charge if you decide to put a regular phone on the new line.
- Cancel the new line after 30 days and pay the termination fee (on top of other fees associated with the new account) but keep the phone.
- Cancel the new line within 30 days without a termination fee but return the phone.
Wow, they don't make it easy for you. Well looks like I'll have to go in store then and try to get an early upgrade at the $199 2 year contract deal. Can't see any other scenario working out.

Thanks for the help!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

If you are talking ATT its supposed to be on line only but you may be able to swing it if your area allows ad matching (mine doesnt). I am doing on line either through ATT or Amazon as long as I can keep my grandathered unltd data plan. ( It appears that there is an option for that with Amazon according to another posting in the Titan forum. Am checking with ATT to ensure that as well.

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
This is total ****. I just wasted $200 on my two Titans then that I bought from att.com on 11/20. Thought I was getting a good deal with 50%. Crap, I feel insanely cheated. Anyone want to send $200 to my PayPal to make me feel better?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did 50% off for the Titan and my wife's phone on 11/20, as well. I'll be on the phone with CSR tomorrow if the penny sale happens.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So the penny sale is actually gonna be on the 26th and not the 25th? I hope so because I was gonna be real upset.

The deal is online only as I asked my boy about hooking it up in store early and he told me it was a store thing.

dulciusEXasperis

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So the penny sale is actually gonna be on the 26th and not the 25th? I hope so because I was gonna be real upset.

The deal is online only as I asked my boy about hooking it up in store early and he told me it was a store thing.
Yeah it's happening tomorrow. I would be interested in hearing if anyone can go in tomorrow and get someone to honor the penny sale in store.

I'm sure some will have luck while most wont.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers