Bought HTC Titan for 1 CENT!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought two more Titans for .01 for my parents. So that's four Titans on my plan now. Lol

My wife loves her Titan. She had the Focus r1.4

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just called AT&T and they told me that the penny sale with ALL windows phone starts tonight at 9pm and ends tomorrow night at 9. She assured me that this is for all upgrades and new members. I hope she wasn't lying.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I just called AT&T and they told me that the penny sale with ALL windows phone starts tonight at 9pm and ends tomorrow night at 9. She assured me that this is for all upgrades and new members. I hope she wasn't lying.
AT&T doesn't discriminate when it comes to a new contract. I remember a time when it used to be new customers got a better deal, but that's only with 3rd parties now.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's happening tomorrow. I would be interested in hearing if anyone can go in tomorrow and get someone to honor the penny sale in store.

I'm sure some will have luck while most wont.
People can... depends on the location. Some don't do price matches and some do.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My store doesn't honor online prices and doesn't have the Titan in stock, so I'm double screwed.
Why not order online then? Also... most stores don't honor online 3rd party retailers, but a majority of them that I know match it if it's on AT&T's website.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm so getting one tomorrow for a penny. Was gonna go to the store, but the store I prefer is in a super busy shopping area, so gonna do it online. They did say they'd honor their online prices, but not for third parties, only AT&T.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My store doesn't honor online prices and doesn't have the Titan in stock, so I'm double screwed.

That store's full of crap. Any reputable corporate-owned AT&T store should most def match what they have online. It all comes from the same place!

Here's my advice to everyone. When you go to a store, talk to the manager first hand. If they're not available, then wait (or come back). Because usually the lower tiered workers have no freakin clue about anything & will just say whatever pops into their head without even checking.

I went to my store today & I happened to luck out & have the district manger come up to me to see if I needed any help. Not only is he honoring the penny sale in store (he acted like I was crazy for even asking BTW), he's also HOLDING a Titan for me until I get paid next week (I have to pay my overdue bill before the system would let me upgrade). He put a note right on it to honor the sale at the time of purchase. :)

kyeo138

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to AT&T today too, manager told me he can match whatever deals the ATT website offers, but not Amazon's. They 1c deals with AT&T are mainly older or refurb phones - not the focus S, Titan, SGS 2, etc...

I just ordered a 1c titan for me and 1c Focus S for my wife. She didn't like the bigger screen and loved the lighter weight plastic Focus S. I personally love the heavier, solid feel of the Titan along with the bigger screen.

Both of us are coming from blackberry/android phones, so a bit nervous about a new OS. I was THIS close to pullin gthe trigger on the SGS skyrocket but decided on giving WP a try. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to AT&T today too, manager told me he can match whatever deals the ATT website offers, but not Amazon's. They 1c deals with AT&T are mainly older or refurb phones - not the focus S, Titan, SGS 2, etc...

I just ordered a 1c titan for me and 1c Focus S for my wife. She didn't like the bigger screen and loved the lighter weight plastic Focus S. I personally love the heavier, solid feel of the Titan along with the bigger screen.

Both of us are coming from blackberry/android phones, so a bit nervous about a new OS. I was THIS close to pullin gthe trigger on the SGS skyrocket but decided on giving WP a try. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

wow lol,so if that really is the case then all of us waiting for the titan 1c deal are gonna be soo dissapointed. Only a few hours left, lets just wait and see. Honestly though, having worked at a retail store myself, sometimes even the managers have no clue.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That store's full of crap. Any reputable corporate-owned AT&T store should most def match what they have online. It all comes from the same place!

There's no middle man... no sales rep that sells it to you. It gets shipped right from the factory. So it isn't BS that online store have better deals, often. You also get to play and interact with the devices in store which also have to be maintained.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
wow lol,so if that really is the case then all of us waiting for the titan 1c deal are gonna be soo dissapointed. Only a few hours left, lets just wait and see. Honestly though, having worked at a retail store myself, sometimes even the managers have no clue.
The managers usually have no clue more than the reps. Lol. I was a manager at AT&T and I was pretty much the go-to manager for other managers. A lot of them didn't like asking the reps or they'd feel stupid or that they didn't know as much. It was pretty funny and also annoying at one point. They would send a lot of questions my way.

P.S. I worked in a call center. Over 500+ reps, so that was a lot of questions :confused:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just called three local stores and they all say they won't match the site. In fact most of the reps seem annoyed but I'm guessing they've had several calls about the sale. It's not a huge problem as long as I can still get the deal. I just hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail.

Last edited:

wpcitizen

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Got it for free from Microsoft store

I just called three local stores and they all say they won't match the site. In fact most of the reps seem annoyed but I'm guessing they've had several calls about sale. It's not a huge problem as long as I can still get the deal. I just hate waiting for stuff to come in the mail.

Guys, if you live near a Microsoft store nearby, go there today. all Windows phones are free. I got mine ( HTC titan ) from MS store in Santa Clara, CA. I love the phone...Mine was an upgrade .( not a new connection)..good luck..

dulciusEXasperis

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Guys, if you live near a Microsoft store nearby, go there today. all Windows phones are free. I got mine ( HTC titan ) from MS store in Santa Clara, CA. I love the phone...Mine was an upgrade .( not a new connection)..good luck..
Yeah and I believe the deal (free windows phone) lasts until Sunday. At least that was what I was told on Wednesday.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

If only the closest one wasn't hours away, I would've gone there already!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786