Bought HTC Titan for 1 CENT!

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
got my titan at an att store for free..soo happy right now...i walk in the store,tell the guy about the penny sale tomorrow and if he can price match the price in store tomorrow morning..he says 'i dont thk the titan is included in that sale'...(this guy actually knew about the Att titan lol) so i tell him im sure it is..tell him to check his website..he does that,talks to his manager,and decides to honor it on the spot..i did not have to wait till tomorrow lol..at the end he's like 'ughh its a penny' and then he's like dont worry about that lol...the only thing he did say was that i might see an upgrade charge of $18 on my next billing cycle which they dont charge online but its fine no big deal..and i also added the $7 a month insurance...it even covers loss of the phone and they replace it for you so its not bad..now its time to actually play with this thing

jimi in phily

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
got my titan at an att store for free..soo happy right now...i walk in the store,tell the guy about the penny sale tomorrow and if he can price match the price in store tomorrow morning..he says 'i dont thk the titan is included in that sale'...(this guy actually knew about the Att titan lol) so i tell him im sure it is..tell him to check his website..he does that,talks to his manager,and decides to honor it on the spot..i did not have to wait till tomorrow lol..at the end he's like 'ughh its a penny' and then he's like dont worry about that lol...the only thing he did say was that i might see an upgrade charge of $18 on my next billing cycle which they dont charge online but its fine no big deal..and i also added the $7 a month insurance...it even covers loss of the phone and they replace it for you so its not bad..now its time to actually play with this thing

I'm officially jealous because I tried this and it didn't work for me.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!

I did the same thing. The first person I spoke with said no so I asked for a supervisor and soon as he came on he offered to credit my account.

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my Samsung Focus S the day after it came out. Returned it today to an AT&T store got full credit. Then went to the Microsoft store and got my free titan :). I could have gotten another Focus S, but I like the heavier weight of the Titan, Build Quality and larger screen. Although the colors are richer on the Focus S. It was a tough decision.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I followed the process for an upgrade to my existing line and the Titan was a penny. I didn't order it though. I am good until the top end Nokia phones come out in 2012.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, threw me off since it was supposedly a Saturday sale and not a Friday sale.

Anybody know if you sign up through an employer discount program if ATT will honor the sale?

I just did this and that's a YES. :)
Went ahead and paid for next day delivery since the phone cost nothing. $16. Great deal.

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered mine at 2330 on the 25th. Upgraded and only $.01!! (plus the $18 upgrade fee). 2 day free priority shipping. Come on phone!!!!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my Titan. Took me a bit to find the unlimited entry for my grandfathered data plan but I got it all sorted out now. Cost me $15 cause I'm impatient and didn't want to wait any longer than I have to so I paid for overnight shipping. Still, $15 for a $615 phone ain't bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos