How's the sound quality?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Silence is deafening.

j/k :p

As for audio quality, the Focus is better than the Focus S (subjective, as an owner of both the Focus and Focus S... right now).

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Still not that many people with the titan. As for my opinion, give me a couple of days. I want to test it out for a bit with come really good headphones before I make a final decision.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah exactly. Not only that but since we're locked down with Zune, and I haven't installed it yet, I actually can't put music on there yet.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly an all encompasing review but this is taken from the Engaget review:

"On the other hand, for the sake of experimentation, we switched out the standard headset for the YourBeats headphones that came with our Sensation XE and everything sounded great, especially when we turned on the 'Loudness' EQ in Windows Phone settings."

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Had my wife test, she uses Zune and radio more anyway. :)

She says the quality is indistinguishable from Zune after you turn on Treble Boost.

She says the FM radio is way better than on the Zune, it does not lose track of distant stations as easily as the Zune.

Also, she says it has MANY more choices for EQ options than the Zune does, which I can confirm.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
On my Titan, I have all sound enhancements off and listen to ~192+ kbps MP3s on the same non-iBud headphones I use with my iPods and I say it sounds equally as good. I use these: (cheap) Amazon.com: Sony MDR-ED12LP Earbuds (Silver): Electronics

Once I find my RCA to mini cable I will test it on my home theater setup and report back.

As far as I can tell, if you're not an audiophile and are using consumer grade headphones, it will be as good as any other portable media player.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I use my Bose in-ear headphones and the Titan sounds great on the loudness setting. Treble Boost was too much treble and not enough mid tones and bass. Sweetener (Air) isn't bad either. From Frank Sinatra to Jawbox, the Loudness setting seems to be the winner for me.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah loudness sounded the best on headphones for me as well. For line-out, I run it all flat and volume at 30/30. No pops, thumps or anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs