Everyone wants to see low-light shots from the Titan, so I decided to take a stroll outside last night in the blowing cold wind to do you all a favor :D. Here's a set of night shots taken with the HTC Titan:

HTC Titan Night Shots

These shots were imported directly from the phone through Zune, not uploaded from the phone. No photo editing has been applied, and EXIF data is still on all of the shots. These were taken with total automatic settings, using a combination of "tap screen to shoot" and use of the dedicated camera button.

The phone did have some issues with focusing when tapping the screen as it would try and rush the focusing and take a blurred shot. Using the camera button, I was able to take more consistent shots in focus, but would run into a little trouble holding the phone steady while pushing the button down fully to take the shot.
    palandri, Big Supes and HeyCori like this.
    11-25-2011 10:08 AM
    those look nice for a phone!
    11-25-2011 10:20 AM
    Those came out really good for night pictures.
    11-25-2011 10:42 AM
    Impressive for night shots. I'd say it's even better than the N8 for low light pictures. :)
    11-25-2011 10:49 AM
    WOW!!! Those are amazing shots! For a phone, I'm surprised by the quality. Lot's of noise though but that is to be expected.
    11-25-2011 11:07 AM
    Very impressive. I haven't tried any night time shots with my Titan yet.
    11-25-2011 11:56 AM
    they didn't look that great to me.. I believe I have seen better from the iphone 4.
    11-25-2011 12:35 PM
    they didn't look that great to me.. I believe I have seen better from the iphone 4.
    The iPhone 4 has a good camera.

This doesn't look too bad to me for a night shot:

HTC Titan: Lights from the ACC by fcapella, on Flickr
    11-25-2011 12:39 PM
    I haven't. And I owned one for about 6 months. Low light was always pretty grainy. Now, the iPhone 4S maybe (since its a similar backlit sensor).
    11-25-2011 01:00 PM
    looks good, the f/2.2 do help with the low lighting.
    but sucks that the Titan still has the noise compression problem =[
    was hoping HTC finally improves in that area. but guess not..
    11-25-2011 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD