AT&T is doing the $.01 sale now!!!

Starkenator

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Placed mine instore Wednesday night since I wanted to keep my unlimited plan. Just got off the phone with Premier Support and they said they put a note on my account that they referred me to the store I bought it from and they should be able to process the discount, but they couldn't.

How did you talk to Premier Support? I called and it said they are closed today. I am on the phone with a rep right now who confirmed this.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Premere account and I was not getting the 1 cent promotion, I was also getting the $299 price so I resolved this issue with online chat.

For those having issues with their Premiere Account:

I resolved this issue with online chat very easy. This is right from my chat with the Premiere rep:

Our systems updated in 2009, when this happened the website coding was also changed. With the outdated plan, the system has a hard time recognizing that you qualify for the promotion. Don't worry, this is easy to fix and I would be more than happy to walk you through the steps to correct this issue. If we still offer the same plan, your monthly reoccurring charges will not change however your rollover minutes may be reduced to the amount of anytime minutes on the plan.

Let's begin the process together! Please go to the Account Overview page From the Account Overview page, select “Change Plan” under Manage My Account. Next, please click ‘Select your current Plan. Also, please make sure you choose 'today' as the effective date in order to ensure the discount will display in the Shopping Cart when placing your online order.

All you pretty much do is update your existing plan which just means choose it again. After you choose your plan bring it up to date by choosing today's date, it was that easy.

I ordered next day delivery so I should get it on Tuesday! Can't wait!

Starkenator

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it!

I have a Premere account and I was not getting the 1 cent promotion, I was also getting the $299 price so I resolved this issue with online chat.

I resolved this issue with online chat very easy. This is right from my chat with the Premiere rep:

Our systems updated in 2009, when this happened the website coding was also changed. With the outdated plan, the system has a hard time recognizing that you qualify for the promotion. Don't worry, this is easy to fix and I would be more than happy to walk you through the steps to correct this issue. If we still offer the same plan, your monthly reoccurring charges will not change however your rollover minutes may be reduced to the amount of anytime minutes on the plan.

Let's begin the process together! Please go to the Account Overview page From the Account Overview page, select ?Change Plan? under Manage My Account. Next, please click ?Select your current Plan. Also, please make sure you choose 'today' as the effective date in order to ensure the discount will display in the Shopping Cart when placing your online order.

All you pretty much do is update your existing plan which just means choose it again. After you choose your plan bring it up to date by choosing today's date, it was that easy.

Thanks for the tip. I was actually able to get the regular AT&T rep to place the order for me even though it took forever. Even better, I did not have to pay the $18 upgrade fee the site wanted me to pay. She just asked what card I wanted to put the 1 cent charge on LOL. Still waiting for my email confirmation to see when it will ship.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I was actually able to get the regular AT&T rep to place the order for me even though it took forever. Even better, I did not have to pay the $18 upgrade fee the site wanted me to pay. She just asked what card I wanted to put the 1 cent charge on LOL. Still waiting for my email confirmation to see when it will ship.

Unfortunately I got charged the $18 upgrade fee but that's ok it's still a bargin at that price :)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
How did you talk to Premier Support? I called and it said they are closed today. I am on the phone with a rep right now who confirmed this.

They are not in for the weekend but you can still chat with a Premiere rep online, that's how I resolved my upgrade issue.

lilheavy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It said 1 cent so I added it to my cart through AT&T Premier and now it says a one time charge of $300. Am I doing something wrong!!!

I tried to order through my Premier account but it wouldn't apply the promotional discount, so I placed a regular order and I am going to simply merge the new account to my business account. As it stands, I don't think Premier accounts are eligible, but I will call in tomorrow morning to confirm.

I was having the same issue but thanks to JD I was able to go online just now and get it for 1 cent. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
On the phone with Premier Support. Looks like I have such an old plan that the online system can't handle it. So they'll have to do it manually.

Adrenaline#WP

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

They transferred me to another rep, I could have sworn it was to Premier Support because they said they couldn't touch my account when I just called the normal Customer Service # for ATT. But yeah if you dial the normal Premier Account # 1-866-499-8008 it will ring once and then disconnect.

Kinda sucks I couldn't do it over phone :(

lilheavy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Let's begin the process together! Please go to the Account Overview page From the Account Overview page, select ?Change Plan? under Manage My Account. Next, please click ?Select your current Plan. Also, please make sure you choose 'today' as the effective date in order to ensure the discount will display in the Shopping Cart when placing your online order.

So I went online and performed these steps and was able to go through and get the discount. I then received the confirmation email and everything was lovely....until another email popped up in my inbox, and it goes "Your recently placed AT&T Premier order was cancelled. If you believe your order was cancelled in error, please call us at 1-866-499-8008, Monday-Friday 8:00A.M. to 10:00P.M. ET."

WTF!!! THESE MAMA JAMAS CANCELLED MY DISCOUNTED ORDER BUT I CANT CANCEL THE 300 DOLLAR ORDER BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND!!! This is getting ridiculous.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Order's processed and awaiting shipping. :D

I'm really excited about my phone. The Titan was awesome to demo in the store. Can't wait until I can actually use it.

ryosten

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Titan at an ATT store on Wednesday...saw the sale today and tried to get something done for a price match but ended up returning the phone since everyone has tied hands today. I got to try it out for $35...the phone and os is great but the experience reminded me of why I left ATT in the first place. Now I'm not even sure I'm going to get it at all if I have to deal with ATT.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I spent nearly an hour online chatting with a rep only to be referred to another department, which said that the discount is only for new activations and not for upgrades. I just ordered it as a new activation, which I will merge to my Premier account as soon as I receive it. I'm done dealing with these jokers.

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've just purchased my first ever WP7 phone.

Got the Samsung Focus S for the $.01 upgrade price. I'm on a family plan with AT&T and since my line is not yet eligible for a renewal upgrade I used another one on our family plan that is. I've done this before - just have to install my sim-card in the new phone when it arrives and call AT&T to make sure everything swaps between the two lines correctly.

After many, many years on Palm devices (dating back to the very first Palm PDA ever released and upgrading along the way when Palm released the very first smartphone that combined their PDA with a phone, several versions of the Palm Treo line and then most recently to my end of the line Palm Pre+) this is a big switch for me.

I'm hoping that WP7 is everything all of you here on these forums say it is. Wish me luck.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Titan at an ATT store on Wednesday...saw the sale today and tried to get something done for a price match but ended up returning the phone since everyone has tied hands today. I got to try it out for $35...the phone and os is great but the experience reminded me of why I left ATT in the first place. Now I'm not even sure I'm going to get it at all if I have to deal with ATT.

Yeah, I really hate that AT&T gives you the run around if you try to price match online prices. Granted, they're not the first retailer to do this. I remember Walmart did the same thing to me and Circuit City (back when there was a Circuit City) give me some trouble as well.

I really didn't want to order online. Sadly, I'm working till 6 o'clock today so there's a good chance that none of the stores around here would have any Titans available by the time I got off work. And when I got there I'd still have to argue with the manager. Seems like too much of a hassle.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the premier site now to get my company discount. There is no option for the $25 2GB data plan. only the $15 200 MB plan and more expensive enterprise plans. How can I get the 25 plan?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is for me, the Premier site would let me select the $25 plan, but the $15 was nowhere to be seen. In any case, just get whatever plan and change it later. You can change your plan at any time.

ryosten

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I really hate that AT&T gives you the run around if you try to price match online prices. Granted, they're not the first retailer to do this. I remember Walmart did the same thing to me and Circuit City (back when there was a Circuit City) give me some trouble as well.

I really didn't want to order online. Sadly, I'm working till 6 o'clock today so there's a good chance that none of the stores around here would have any Titans available by the time I got off work. And when I got there I'd still have to argue with the manager. Seems like too much of a hassle.

It's just beyond me that a retailer would let you walk out of a store that easily with no product in hand. I had it in my hand and they gladly took it back. Even the sales guy was noticably frustrated with the situation. He didn't understand why the store manager wouldn't do anything. Oh...and by the way it's a product that requires a service contract at that price. ...dunno...still have not ordered online.

The more time goes by the more I'm ok with my HTC Evo for now. I'm starting to have flashbacks of no one being able to do anything in the ATT family when you have an easily repaired situation. At least now each person is nice...but they still can't seem to help.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok... the online chat was a waste of time. He said the $25 data plan must not be offered with my device. I also wasn't seeing the activation charge waived. He said my company must not offer that. I had logged into the link that my company provided to get the discount.

I just gave up on that and decided to order from the regular site and add my discount later. I logged in from my work laptop and it recognized my company (except it had the old name from before a merger). This time everything worked... $25 data plan and free activation.

As an added bonus, I even got a 16% discount using the pre-merger company name compared to the 12% for my current company. This is totally strange since my laptop is only 2 Years old and the merger was 7 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb