AT&T is doing the $.01 sale now!!!

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Well it took over 30 minutes and being bounced around 3 times, plus manager involvement, but I got my $200 back!! So I have two free working Titans in hand!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, it was my wife's number that qualified. We're on a Premier plan and also a family plan. And I also have unlimited data. So it was a little complex.

My wife's data plan was $30 before for unlimited 3g. We ended up keeping our unlimited data, but it's some 4G unlimited data thing. And there was a 19% discount, so the data was around $25/mo.

So basically, we got the Titan for $0.01, upgraded to a 4G unlimited data plan, and saved $5/mo on our bill.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
So, it was my wife's number that qualified. We're on a Premier plan and also a family plan. And I also have unlimited data. So it was a little complex.

My wife's data plan was $30 before for unlimited 3g. We ended up keeping our unlimited data, but it's some 4G unlimited data thing. And there was a 19% discount, so the data was around $25/mo.

So basically, we got the Titan for $0.01, upgraded to a 4G unlimited data plan, and saved $5/mo on our bill.

My situation is similar. I wanted to upgrade an existing line AND keep my unlimited data plan. I called the Sales number listed on the AT&T site and the rep helped me with the order and ensured that I kept the unlimited data. I just had to ask to match the online price and he got approval. I felt better having a live person confirm that I wasn't losing my unlimited data.

One additional note: the rep told me that the Titans are back-ordered. My phone is over 4 yrs old, so I can wait a little longer.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear about people getting credit for Titans they already bought.

AT&T isn't as bad as some people say. It's not perfect by any means, buy they do tend to get the best phones.

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Premere account and I was not getting the 1 cent promotion, I was also getting the $299 price so I resolved this issue with online chat.

For those having issues with their Premiere Account:

I resolved this issue with online chat very easy. This is right from my chat with the Premiere rep:

Our systems updated in 2009, when this happened the website coding was also changed. With the outdated plan, the system has a hard time recognizing that you qualify for the promotion. Don't worry, this is easy to fix and I would be more than happy to walk you through the steps to correct this issue. If we still offer the same plan, your monthly reoccurring charges will not change however your rollover minutes may be reduced to the amount of anytime minutes on the plan.

Let's begin the process together! Please go to the Account Overview page From the Account Overview page, select “Change Plan” under Manage My Account. Next, please click ‘Select your current Plan. Also, please make sure you choose 'today' as the effective date in order to ensure the discount will display in the Shopping Cart when placing your online order.

All you pretty much do is update your existing plan which just means choose it again. After you choose your plan bring it up to date by choosing today's date, it was that easy.

I ordered next day delivery so I should get it on Tuesday! Can't wait!
Thanks for this!
This worked for me as well, even though i wasn't ordering the Titan xP ordered 2 Focus S for 2 lines of our family plan.

--edit--
status of my order: backordered............

Last edited:

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Had mine ordered last night within 5 minutes of it going live. No problems with my Premier account except trying to find the data plan. Upgraded to 4G unlimited and received my shipping notice this morning. Should have it Tuesday when I get home.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Had mine ordered last night within 5 minutes of it going live. No problems with my Premier account except trying to find the data plan. Upgraded to 4G unlimited and received my shipping notice this morning. Should have it Tuesday when I get home.

Did you pay for overnight shipping? I can't find this info anywhere. I paid for overnight but I want it faster than that! I work until 5:30 Tuesday night and it takes about an hour for me to get home. That day is gonna DRAG.

mocsharp

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I got charged 299.99 for the phone and spoke to 5 reps and non of them know about this deal. Kept transferring me to premier which no one answers. :mad::mad:
Chat is not available for me online :(

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

I hate you. After multiple calls to Customer Care (one call was dropped by my iPhone after being on hold for 20 mins) I was at last told that I would have to speak to someone in Premier support to resolve the fact that my credit card was charged $299 + tax instead of 1 cent since the rebate didn't apply properly and regular CS reps can't edit a Premier order. Only problem is that as someone mentioned, Premier support is closed for the weekend.

I've been an AT&T customer for the last 4 years but this customer experience has been a total bust. If this is how they are treating someone who is trying to take part in well-advertised promotion and sign a two year extension of their contract, it really says something about their customer retention strategy. I'll be calling Premier support on Monday morning but if they can't resolve this issue then I'll be returning the Titan when it arrives on Tuesday, waiting till my contract is up on Dec 19th, and then walking away from AT&T forever.

mocsharp

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
there's apparently a bug on their premier site, if you want to upgrade your phone and got redirected to premier site and not seeing the discount, go to shopping cart, click "remove this line" and start over "from the premier site". that way, u'll see the discount.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email that my phone has shipped!!! I should have it Monday afternoon.
Also, I went back to the AT&T store again today to see if they know anything about the penny sale. Sadly, they still do not have a clue. I did get to check out the Titan once again and compare it to the Focus S for the last time. Yup, the Focus S feels cheap in the hands.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
there's apparently a bug on their premier site, if you want to upgrade your phone and got redirected to premier site and not seeing the discount, go to shopping cart, click "remove this line" and start over "from the premier site". that way, u'll see the discount.

Unfortunately I placed the order already after being told by a rep that the rebate would go through after I submitted the order. Obviously it didn't so now I being forced to deal with the issue on the back end.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I got charged 299.99 for the phone and spoke to 5 reps and non of them know about this deal. Kept transferring me to premier which no one answers. :mad::mad:
Chat is not available for me online :(

We're in the exact same boat. Recieved a bittersweet notice that my phone has already shipped, but obviously unless I get the pricing resolved I'll be returning it.

godashram

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine ordered. Premiere was open today and they saw what my issue was... an ancient data plan that I held onto for dear life!

Literally, I hear the rep click the mouse twice and the titan showed up at a penny!

Now hopefully it's hear before my vacation on friday

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos