Titan's body: Aluminum or Plastic?

Arvydasg.93

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
European version is ALUMINUM. Every website, reviews, official websites say that it's ALUMINUM. I had Titan for couple of days and I didn't even think that it could be plastic, because it's metal.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is from the Microsoft Store and looks like WeeBear's pic. Is that supposed to be the black version? It is definitely a shade of grey. Is the AT&T Store version lighter?

My question exactly! Since at&t stores don't have any in stock, and since at&t shipments are backordered, it may take some time to compare for real.

I did compare BestBuy photos to at&t photos, and they looked different on screen (att more silver, described as 'gunmetal' in places)... but we all know the limts of screen views relative to the real thing. It *is* possible that ours is "black", albeit a gray-ish version thereof, whereas the at&t version could be a much lighter silver. I would not call mine silver by any stretch, but would also hesitate to call it truly black.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is definitely not silver either. They do have one on display at my local AT&T store. Maybe I will stop in and compare it. BTW, my receipt from the Microsoft Store clearly lists my Titan as black. It may just be a case of labeling and all the Titans are actually the same color.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish mine was black. If you look at the ATT Titan review video here on the site, they show the difference between black and gunmetal

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine does not seem plastic. If the large part of the back was plastic, why would they have different rubberized plastic add-on pieces? Much cheaper to just have a one piece and put different coatings on it. Tapping on the inside and outside sounds the same and has the same exact color.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Why do people want aluminum or metal phones? As thin and small as the parts are, if they were aluminum, won't they be easily bent or chipped if hit or dropped? Plastics parts now a days are pretty strong and can take a lickin'.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Why do people want aluminum or metal phones? As thin and small as the parts are, if they were aluminum, won't they be easily bent or chipped if hit or dropped? Plastics parts now a days are pretty strong and can take a lickin'.

Maybe they should start using Kevlar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo