Titan's body: Aluminum or Plastic?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Why do people want aluminum or metal phones? As thin and small as the parts are, if they were aluminum, won't they be easily bent or chipped if hit or dropped? Plastics parts now a days are pretty strong and can take a lickin'.

Premium devices need to have premium materials. Take Samsung for instance, the biggest gripe all across the board is that all their devices are plasticy. They are high end devices inside low end plastic casings. I personally don't care how good plastics are now a days you'll wind up with a cheap feeling and looking device. The only device I would consider purchasing that's made out poly carbonite plastic is the Nokia Lumia.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sweet Kevlar fibber I've never even heard of that. Your rite Palandri very cool. I looked at one in the Best Buy the other day it looked like carbon fibber to me

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Sweet Kevlar fibber I've never even heard of that. Your rite Palandri very cool. I looked at one in the Best Buy the other day it looked like carbon fibber to me

Just make sure you face the kevlar part away from your body. That way it will stop any bullet from damaging the gorilla glass ;)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure you face the kevlar part away from your body. That way it will stop any bullet from damaging the gorilla glass ;)

That phone is to small and light for defensive use I need a phone I can knock someone out with that's why I have a Titan

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Who needs a Titan Big D5? I could knock someone out cold too with my ALL METAL Omnia 7 :D

Might take a couple of whacks but still achievable. :)

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You're absolutely wrong, its not plastic. Take off the back cover and look inside the edge of the camera lens opening you'll see shiny unpainted aluminum.

I stand corrected. :) Without seeing that shiny ring you would never convince me it was alu. It doesn't even sound like alu to me when I tapped on it.

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The way you can tell it is aluminium is when it is cold. The metal part of the back is much colder that the plastic antenna bit with the Windows Phone logo on. When it is warm, the paint on the aluminium makes it feel like plastic.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a mythbusters test is needed. Pretty sure the kevlar in body armor is a bit thicker than whats used in the razr though.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
general rule of thumb, if it is cold to the touch then it is metal (aluminum for phones)

Assuming it hasn't been conducting heat immediately prior (leg, sunlight, desklamp) :p
But yeah, my Titan's (back) top ~60% is cold in the morning (metal), while the bottom part with the "Windows Phone" logo is warmer, and is immediately noticeable as plastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb