UPDATE: As pointed out a couple time below, SIM cards from AT&T MVNO's will work in SIM-locked AT&T phones. Sorry for the false information.

On Friday, I got an AT&T-branded Titan from the Microsoft Store here in Houston. I'm a new AT&T customer and chose the free-with-two-year contract option. Phone was activated and working on the AT&T network before I left the store.

I was surprised just now when I popped in my H20 Wireless SIM card and it booted up without asking for an unlock code. I used it to make several calls, then switched back to the AT&T SIM without any problems.

An unexpected bonus! Saves me from paying a few bucks to obtain an unlock code.
    Last edited by mscsmyrpln; 11-28-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Correct wrong info
    11-28-2011 12:13 AM
    Thats pretty sweet. I wonder if my amazon.com one will come that way too!
    11-28-2011 03:18 AM
    I will have to test this tomorrow on mine. I also bought it at the Microsoft store.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    11-28-2011 03:52 AM
    I believe H2O Wireless uses the AT&T Network. Try it with a T-Mobile sim.
    11-28-2011 07:54 AM
    I believe H2O Wireless uses the AT&T Network. Try it with a T-Mobile sim.
    I know when I go to the UK my phone hooks up to the H20 network.
    11-28-2011 12:16 PM
    I know when I go to the UK my phone hooks up to the H20 network.
    Is it called H20 over there ?

It's O2 here, is it the same company (Telefonica) dulciusEXasperis ?

EDIT: Just has a wee lookie, it's Locus Telecoms there if i have the right one. :)

I was just being curious. :)
    11-28-2011 12:23 PM
    I eventually got my lock code from HTC themselves. Just took a lot of complaining and back and forth with them and att

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    jeremyshaw and bijoyaaa like this.
    11-28-2011 01:05 PM
    I eventually got my lock code from HTC themselves. Just took a lot of complaining and back and forth with them and att

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    Lol! I like that method :D

EDIT: errrr.... sincethelikebutton, thispostisuseless :(
    5tephen likes this.
    11-28-2011 01:18 PM

EDIT: Just has a wee lookie, it's Locus Telecoms there if i have the right one. :)

I don't think they are connected in any way: https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/
    11-28-2011 01:27 PM

Click to view quoted image

Maybe it was O2. I can't remember now. There's definitely an O2 in it though lol.
    11-28-2011 01:37 PM
    The OP is mistaken & jumped the gun without researching. H2O Wireless is DEF an AT&T MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) & uses their exact same network. And you don't need an unlocked phone to use them. Even the iPhone works with their SIM.
    11-28-2011 01:39 PM
    Yes I think they are totally different companies palandri & dulciusEXasperis. :)
    11-28-2011 01:39 PM
    UPDATE: As pointed out a couple time below, SIM cards from AT&T MVNO's will work in SIM-locked AT&T phones. Sorry for the false information.

On Friday, I got an AT&T-branded Titan from the Microsoft Store here in Houston. I'm a new AT&T customer and chose the free-with-two-year contract option. Phone was activated and working on the AT&T network before I left the store.

I was surprised just now when I popped in my H20 Wireless SIM card and it booted up without asking for an unlock code. I used it to make several calls, then switched back to the AT&T SIM without any problems.

An unexpected bonus! Saves me from paying a few bucks to obtain an unlock code.
    H2O is a sub of AT&T is just like Tmobile and Simple mobile. all these and parents company and their baby company using same net work. I bet Tmobile sime will not work.
    11-30-2011 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD