My AT&T Titan from the Microsoft Store came SIM-Unlocked

mscsmyrpln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
(UPDATED: FALSE) My AT&T Titan from the Microsoft Store came SIM-Unlocked

UPDATE: As pointed out a couple time below, SIM cards from AT&T MVNO's will work in SIM-locked AT&T phones. Sorry for the false information.

On Friday, I got an AT&T-branded Titan from the Microsoft Store here in Houston. I'm a new AT&T customer and chose the free-with-two-year contract option. Phone was activated and working on the AT&T network before I left the store.

I was surprised just now when I popped in my H20 Wireless SIM card and it booted up without asking for an unlock code. I used it to make several calls, then switched back to the AT&T SIM without any problems.

An unexpected bonus! Saves me from paying a few bucks to obtain an unlock code.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know when I go to the UK my phone hooks up to the H20 network.
Is it called H20 over there ?

It's O2 here, is it the same company (Telefonica) dulciusEXasperis ?

6a00d83452192b69e20147e1801a3d970b-320wi

EDIT: Just has a wee lookie, it's Locus Telecoms there if i have the right one. :)

I was just being curious. :)

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I eventually got my lock code from HTC themselves. Just took a lot of complaining and back and forth with them and att

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The OP is mistaken & jumped the gun without researching. H2O Wireless is DEF an AT&T MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) & uses their exact same network. And you don't need an unlocked phone to use them. Even the iPhone works with their SIM.

donzebe1

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: As pointed out a couple time below, SIM cards from AT&T MVNO's will work in SIM-locked AT&T phones. Sorry for the false information.

On Friday, I got an AT&T-branded Titan from the Microsoft Store here in Houston. I'm a new AT&T customer and chose the free-with-two-year contract option. Phone was activated and working on the AT&T network before I left the store.

I was surprised just now when I popped in my H20 Wireless SIM card and it booted up without asking for an unlock code. I used it to make several calls, then switched back to the AT&T SIM without any problems.

An unexpected bonus! Saves me from paying a few bucks to obtain an unlock code.
H2O is a sub of AT&T is just like Tmobile and Simple mobile. all these and parents company and their baby company using same net work. I bet Tmobile sime will not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786