12-07-2011 03:07 PM
170 ... 4567
tools
    First morning with my new Titan. Already shocked people with its size. "I didn't know it would be that big?" The screen. Then I translated my desk calendar into text by taking a picture. Translated it into swahili or something, then copied it and pasted it into an email. Stunned silence followed.

Now, If I could just get my contacts from my iphone i could actually use it as a phone. I synced my iphone with the contacts from win7 but when I plugged in the titan it did not find those. Any tips, or do I actually have to read the manual for zune or wp7?
    You will need to sync those contacts with an online account. WP7 doesn't currently sync contacts with Outlook. You can use the Windows Live ID you used to setup the phone, Google, Exchange, etc.
    12-01-2011 08:57 AM
    Team Obi Juan,

You can filter your contact list to not show your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. contacts. This will still allow you to upload to facebook, and see facebook updates in the People hub. Also, you will be able to find facebook contacts while searching.

To do this, go into the People hub, touch the 3 dots in the lower right corner, touch settings, touch "filter my contact list", then select the accounts you wish to show contacts from.
    Awesome, now the contacts I do want to see have their facebook pics! Thanks!

Any way to get the Me tile back?

EDIT: got it.
    12-01-2011 08:59 AM
    This is great. Linked my google contact "Dad" to his actual name in Facebook, and now I can contact him in about a million different ways from one screen.
    12-01-2011 09:07 AM
    This is great. Linked my google contact "Dad" to his actual name in Facebook, and now I can contact him in about a million different ways from one screen.
    That's a point I think is lost on many people who have not had a chance to really use the OS. I can't imagine going back to multiple sets of contacts again. You should try grouping your contacts as well. It's a nice filtering tool.
    12-01-2011 09:22 AM
    Does anyone know where the Titan's microphone is that accepts voice commands?
    12-01-2011 09:26 AM

Number 6 probably Team Obi Juan. :)
    12-01-2011 09:37 AM
    You will need to sync those contacts with an online account. WP7 doesn't currently sync contacts with Outlook. You can use the Windows Live ID you used to setup the phone, Google, Exchange, etc.
    Thank you I will do that when I get home. Its not outlook at home though, its just the windows 7 contacts program.

Does anyone know where the Titan's microphone is that accepts voice commands?
    I would guess its the single hole next to the button for the back cover. No idea where else it could be.
    EDIT: Damn snipers

I agree with some comments about the lock button. It does not have the feel of the other buttons, but it does seem to work just as easily for me. Just does not appear to have the same amount of movement required as the other buttons.
    12-01-2011 09:38 AM
    Ok, so clearly speaking into the top of it as if it were a tape recorder is not the best way to go about it. ;)
    12-01-2011 09:38 AM
    It's here!!

12-01-2011 09:50 AM
    Second that. Everything I wanted on the phone, I found the best approach was to get them into Live, then bam, on the phone.
    12-01-2011 10:30 AM
    Weird thing. I set up a new hotmail account for the purpose of this phone. My old old hotmail account is my junk mail catcher. Use it for setting up forum accounts and other web stuff that needs an email account. Under the email settings I have the ability to sync my old hotmail with calendar, contacts, tasks, email, but with my new hotmail for this phone I can only sync email. I think I just need to look into finding some tutorials on setting the phone up or just continue to wing it.
    12-01-2011 10:38 AM
    Weird thing. I set up a new hotmail account for the purpose of this phone. My old old hotmail account is my junk mail catcher. Use it for setting up forum accounts and other web stuff that needs an email account. Under the email settings I have the ability to sync my old hotmail with calendar, contacts, tasks, email, but with my new hotmail for this phone I can only sync email. I think I just need to look into finding some tutorials on setting the phone up or just continue to wing it.
    This is because the main account syncs everything automatically. You can only deselect email.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    12-01-2011 10:44 AM
    I should have set up an new email account but now I am screwed. I used a my main personal account for the phone and loaded up my "work" live account with the intentions of using the SkyDrive on that account. No luck though. It only syncs with my personal email SkyDrive. I saw in the help section that you are stuck with the main email but is there a way to reset this with a factory reset?
    12-01-2011 07:25 PM
    How do you multitask while on a phone call?
    12-01-2011 07:50 PM
    Hit the Home button and "move about the country" and by that I mean you should be able to jump to any section of the OS.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express
    12-02-2011 07:11 AM
    You can reset the phone by going to the About section under Settings. At the bottom of the About section there should be a reset button.

When you start over you can use a different account as your default. I did this a few times to demonstrate to a few folks how easy it is to set up. Needless to say they had to change their underwear after seeing that. :-)

12-02-2011 07:15 AM
    You can reset the phone by going to the About section under Settings. At the bottom of the About section there should be a reset button.

When you start over you can use a different account as your default. I did this a few times to demonstrate to a few folks how easy it is to set up. Needless to say they had to change their underwear after seeing that. :-)

oh sweet. Now to figure out my signal issues.
    12-02-2011 08:31 AM
    *sigh*

I'm STILL waiting for my backordered Titan to even ship. :(

It really doesn't seem fair that people that ordered their phones AFTER others have already had them shipped out.

Anyone got any more knowledge on this issue? I'm getting impatient.
    12-02-2011 08:40 AM
    *sigh*

I'm STILL waiting for my backordered Titan to even ship. :(

It really doesn't seem fair that people that ordered their phones AFTER others have already had them shipped out.

Anyone got any more knowledge on this issue? I'm getting impatient.
    Yup mine is still in 'processing' too :(, would love to hear something about expected timeframe.
    12-02-2011 09:07 AM
    Yup mine is still in 'processing' too :(, would love to hear something about expected timeframe.
    I've called, I've chatted, and I've posted on AT&T's Facebook page. No one knows when. I'm going to call some local stores at some point today just out of curiosity to see if anyone will honor the penny deal... I doubt they will, but the worst the can do is say no... I'll let y'all know if I have any GOOD news...
    Embiggens likes this.
    12-02-2011 09:12 AM
    My Amazon Wireless order has been delayed from a December 1st-2nd to delivery to a December 13th-14th. :( Sadface.
    12-02-2011 09:34 AM
    I should have set up an new email account but now I am screwed. I used a my main personal account for the phone and loaded up my "work" live account with the intentions of using the SkyDrive on that account. No luck though. It only syncs with my personal email SkyDrive. I saw in the help section that you are stuck with the main email but is there a way to reset this with a factory reset?
    I have the exact same problem. I have my "professional" Live account where I sync my documents. Then I have another Live account that I originally set up when I got my Zune HD. I synced my phone with the same Live account that I used with my Zune HD so I could keep using Zune on my Focus/Titan. Unfortunately, Office won't sync with my professional account. To get around this I added a link to my Skydrive account in IE. It's a lot more convenient now with the recent changes to Skydrive. I can easily add files on my PC and get to them from IE on my phone.
    12-02-2011 09:35 AM
    So after getting AT&T to correct the credit card charge for the ordering snafu, I activated my Titan yesterday and I am loving. This phone is a pleasure to use and I feel like a new man after having used a WP7 device for a couple of days. Everyone at my office is blown away by this device and OS.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    12-02-2011 02:09 PM
    This phone is definatly fun to show off, most people are amazed and they wonder why they have never saw this phone before. Or this os for that matter.
    12-03-2011 10:07 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that some of my titan brothers are still w/o their phone. All I can say is that it's well worth the wait. This thing is a beast!
    12-04-2011 12:40 AM
170 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD