THE OFFICIAL: I got my one cent HTC Titan thread.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see more people are seeing their backorders ship. Maybe the delay won't be long on getting these things fulfilled.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Wtf

My Titan just arrived. Opened the cardboard FedEx box and discovered the AT&T branded box inside had already been opened. Opened the already unsealed box and see the phone laying inside with the protective plastic layer already removed, the back of the phone completely detached from the display/guts, and the sim card already installed in the phone.

Haven't booted up the phone yet as I'm at work, but this experience sucks.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My Titan just arrived. Opened the cardboard FedEx box and discovered the AT&T branded box inside had already been opened. Opened the already unsealed box and see the phone laying inside with the protective plastic layer already removed, the back of the phone completely detached from the display/guts, and the sim card already installed in the phone.

Woah, I wish there was a 'dislike' button! I hope this isn't a common experience. I'd be ticked if I were you. I hope everything works okay.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. mine came that was as well. I assume they put the card in to activate the new account or have one in place. The battery was sealed so I know it wasn't turned on using that particular battery. I ordered mine from my Focus on Saturday @ 12:15am and already have it. That was pretty fast delivery BTW.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

That is exactly how mine shipped. It's a really bad way to do it as the phone would be slamming into the case all through shipment. The cover was also turned 180? which may or may not be an improvement.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick side note if you're looking for some simple protection or to make the back of Titan less slippery ZAGG has their Invisible Shields half off until tomorrow. I just grabbed one for $15 shipped. All of my previous phones have had them and it does help. Just a thought.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow that sure is disappointing, the way AT&T is opening the boxes. I like to get my new stuff factory sealed.

It should be here sometime today. Guess we'll see.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Quick side note if you're looking for some simple protection or to make the back of Titan less slippery ZAGG has their Invisible Shields half off until tomorrow. I just grabbed one for $15 shipped. All of my previous phones have had them and it does help. Just a thought.

How are the Invisible Shields? I've heard they can add a little too much tangibility to the screen.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived! I'm going to set it up.

CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
yup, some idiot at att put a sim card in mine too... my battery was out of the plastic package lol, least they could have done is have the "Token att hot chick around the office" take some photos in her bday suit :)

oh well :: ducks attack from g/f:::

Last edited:

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
yup, some idiot at att put a sim card in mine too... my battery was out of the plastic package lol, least they could have done is have the "an att hot chick around the office" take some photos in her bday suit :) oh well :: ducks attack from g/f:::
Last thing I need is my phone arriving with naughty pics. Really not sure how to explain that to the wife. :D

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered via att during the sale (about 3am on Saturday). Online search threw error message for far longer than 24 hours. Could not locate or confirm order. att auto-babe kept hanging up on me:

[after completing the automated search process identical to the one that was not working online]:
we're sorry, we cannot find your order
Press 0 to be transferred
[pressing 0]
We're sorry, we cannot transfer you right now. Please call [customer service number] for assistance.
The number they told me to call was the very same number that was hanging up on me!!

So....
when I found out that BestBuy had penny-titans, I ordered, because I had no way to find out whether att even HAD an order in queue for me. What a comparatively excellent experience, from website to confirmation to delivering EXACTLY what they said at each point in the process. Paid $4.99 for express shipping. Ordered Sunday evening, received today by 10 am.

Box was already unsealed, but sim was still intact in the credit-card format and battery was in plastic. Phone was still wrapped. I had already spent some time on the line with the best att service rep EVER, who had to straighten out some weirdness for me. He could tell that the phone that was en route to me had been activated by Best Buy just before they shipped it out to me. He explained that this is not unusual "BestBuy sometimes does that". I am not worried about the unsealed package, but ONLY because the Titan is so new. It can't be a return (because stores hardly have them to sell) or a refurb, (because there aren't any). At any point later in the process, further out from new release, the unsealed package would NOT sit so well. Interesting to learn that both att and BestBuy are doing that.

I have to give huge props to BestBuy. For every part of the att order-experience that was (and still is) vague and untraceable, the BestBuy process was clear and quick and easy. I just went back to BestBuy.com to search for accessories. Titan is now back to $199 and "not available for shipping."

Huge props also to Jim from att. I am new to att, and was pretty leery of the move with the above-described ordering-(non)-experience through att. The same experience you all are describing here. He changed my tune on that - answered questions, explained things, pointed out other things I might not know yet might find helpful. Hands down my best customer service experience ever, and I have had some pretty good experiences elsewhere in the past.

THANK YOU to the forum members who posted about the BestBuy promo. I would have missed it otherwise. The Titan is spectacular... you will be glad you stuck it out, as miserable as it is to be waiting.

Slowzee

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So my Titan is not here, still says it's at sort facility in STL, supposed to be delivered by 4:30 pm, its now 5:30pm......

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Received shipping confirmation today for the Black Saturday .01 event, but to my disappointment AT&T decided to ship mine out via USPS? WTF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs