THE OFFICIAL: I got my one cent HTC Titan thread.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was due to get mine tomorrow it it was waiting for me when I got home! Woohoo! Great feeling phone. I ordered my wife the Focus S at the same time but hers won't get here until Fri.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
First morning with my new Titan. Already shocked people with its size. "I didn't know it would be that big?" The screen. Then I translated my desk calendar into text by taking a picture. Translated it into swahili or something, then copied it and pasted it into an email. Stunned silence followed.

Now, If I could just get my contacts from my iphone i could actually use it as a phone. I synced my iphone with the contacts from win7 but when I plugged in the titan it did not find those. Any tips, or do I actually have to read the manual for zune or wp7?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
First morning with the Titan as well. The phone is outstanding. I spent 3 hours yesterday setting it up.

things about the phone:
- worried about camera protruding from the back getting scratched/smudged
- seems too bright in auto mode in the dark
- speakerphone could be a bit louder. love using it while driving.

things about the OS:
- would love more voice commands, like reminders/calendars/emailing
- alarm should sound even with ring volume turned down/off
- I would like facebook integrated into the phone as far as "Upload this photo to facebook" or "update your status here" functionality, but NOT import all of my facebook "friends" as contacts. It clutters it up, and admittedly, I have a bunch of acquaintances that I do not need to know about that much on facebook. I immediately unlinked facebook.
-"Me" tile is useless without a social network linked
- I'm one of those that likes to know the battery percentage. Not easy to get to.

I already did the workaround to get multiple google calendars on the phone. If you don't know what that is, go here: http://www.windowscentral.com/multiple-google-calendars-mango

Go here for the $25 app card promotion: https://windowsphone.promo.eprize.com/redemptionprogram/:b=ie9/?affiliate_id=Email

You need your proof of purchase (UPC?) from the box in JPG format, and your receipt in JPG format for it to work. It is a glorified mail in rebate done online. I just used my AT&T confirmation email as the receipt, hopefully that works. Also used the phone to snap a pic of the the UPC.

Anyway, I'm loving the phone. It is ten times the phone my Palm Pre was. However WebOS had the facebook integration right IMO... "upload photo to facebook" was baked right in once you installed the app.

The phone and Zune PC setup was an absolute breeze. I've used iTunes thus far for my music needs and conversion over was just a minor headache. If anyone has questions on iTunes or stripping the DRM from iTunes' early days, let me know. More recent iTunes purchases are easily converted to MP3 by right clicking inside iTunes. To get playlists out of itunes, export the playlist to M3U then place that file inside the Zune Playlist directory using explorer. It should then automatically convert it to a zune proprietary format (and leave the M3U intact) once you open Zune the next time.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Team Obi Juan,

You can filter your contact list to not show your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. contacts. This will still allow you to upload to facebook, and see facebook updates in the People hub. Also, you will be able to find facebook contacts while searching.

To do this, go into the People hub, touch the 3 dots in the lower right corner, touch settings, touch "filter my contact list", then select the accounts you wish to show contacts from.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
First morning with my new Titan. Already shocked people with its size. "I didn't know it would be that big?" The screen. Then I translated my desk calendar into text by taking a picture. Translated it into swahili or something, then copied it and pasted it into an email. Stunned silence followed.

Now, If I could just get my contacts from my iphone i could actually use it as a phone. I synced my iphone with the contacts from win7 but when I plugged in the titan it did not find those. Any tips, or do I actually have to read the manual for zune or wp7?

You will need to sync those contacts with an online account. WP7 doesn't currently sync contacts with Outlook. You can use the Windows Live ID you used to setup the phone, Google, Exchange, etc.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Team Obi Juan,

You can filter your contact list to not show your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. contacts. This will still allow you to upload to facebook, and see facebook updates in the People hub. Also, you will be able to find facebook contacts while searching.

To do this, go into the People hub, touch the 3 dots in the lower right corner, touch settings, touch "filter my contact list", then select the accounts you wish to show contacts from.

Awesome, now the contacts I do want to see have their facebook pics! Thanks!

Any way to get the Me tile back?

EDIT: got it.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This is great. Linked my google contact "Dad" to his actual name in Facebook, and now I can contact him in about a million different ways from one screen.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is great. Linked my google contact "Dad" to his actual name in Facebook, and now I can contact him in about a million different ways from one screen.

That's a point I think is lost on many people who have not had a chance to really use the OS. I can't imagine going back to multiple sets of contacts again. You should try grouping your contacts as well. It's a nice filtering tool.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
td.jpg

Number 6 probably Team Obi Juan. :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You will need to sync those contacts with an online account. WP7 doesn't currently sync contacts with Outlook. You can use the Windows Live ID you used to setup the phone, Google, Exchange, etc.

Thank you I will do that when I get home. Its not outlook at home though, its just the windows 7 contacts program.

Does anyone know where the Titan's microphone is that accepts voice commands?

I would guess its the single hole next to the button for the back cover. No idea where else it could be.
EDIT: Damn snipers

I agree with some comments about the lock button. It does not have the feel of the other buttons, but it does seem to work just as easily for me. Just does not appear to have the same amount of movement required as the other buttons.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Second that. Everything I wanted on the phone, I found the best approach was to get them into Live, then bam, on the phone.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird thing. I set up a new hotmail account for the purpose of this phone. My old old hotmail account is my junk mail catcher. Use it for setting up forum accounts and other web stuff that needs an email account. Under the email settings I have the ability to sync my old hotmail with calendar, contacts, tasks, email, but with my new hotmail for this phone I can only sync email. I think I just need to look into finding some tutorials on setting the phone up or just continue to wing it.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird thing. I set up a new hotmail account for the purpose of this phone. My old old hotmail account is my junk mail catcher. Use it for setting up forum accounts and other web stuff that needs an email account. Under the email settings I have the ability to sync my old hotmail with calendar, contacts, tasks, email, but with my new hotmail for this phone I can only sync email. I think I just need to look into finding some tutorials on setting the phone up or just continue to wing it.
This is because the main account syncs everything automatically. You can only deselect email.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I should have set up an new email account but now I am screwed. I used a my main personal account for the phone and loaded up my "work" live account with the intentions of using the SkyDrive on that account. No luck though. It only syncs with my personal email SkyDrive. I saw in the help section that you are stuck with the main email but is there a way to reset this with a factory reset?

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hit the Home button and "move about the country" and by that I mean you should be able to jump to any section of the OS.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786