THE OFFICIAL: I got my one cent HTC Titan thread.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You can reset the phone by going to the About section under Settings. At the bottom of the About section there should be a reset button.

When you start over you can use a different account as your default. I did this a few times to demonstrate to a few folks how easy it is to set up. Needless to say they had to change their underwear after seeing that. :)

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You can reset the phone by going to the About section under Settings. At the bottom of the About section there should be a reset button.

When you start over you can use a different account as your default. I did this a few times to demonstrate to a few folks how easy it is to set up. Needless to say they had to change their underwear after seeing that. :)

oh sweet. Now to figure out my signal issues.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
*sigh*

I'm STILL waiting for my backordered Titan to even ship. :(

It really doesn't seem fair that people that ordered their phones AFTER others have already had them shipped out.

Anyone got any more knowledge on this issue? I'm getting impatient.

Embiggens

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
*sigh*

I'm STILL waiting for my backordered Titan to even ship. :(

It really doesn't seem fair that people that ordered their phones AFTER others have already had them shipped out.

Anyone got any more knowledge on this issue? I'm getting impatient.
Yup mine is still in 'processing' too :(, would love to hear something about expected timeframe.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup mine is still in 'processing' too :(, would love to hear something about expected timeframe.

I've called, I've chatted, and I've posted on AT&T's Facebook page. No one knows when. I'm going to call some local stores at some point today just out of curiosity to see if anyone will honor the penny deal... I doubt they will, but the worst the can do is say no... I'll let y'all know if I have any GOOD news...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I should have set up an new email account but now I am screwed. I used a my main personal account for the phone and loaded up my "work" live account with the intentions of using the SkyDrive on that account. No luck though. It only syncs with my personal email SkyDrive. I saw in the help section that you are stuck with the main email but is there a way to reset this with a factory reset?

I have the exact same problem. I have my "professional" Live account where I sync my documents. Then I have another Live account that I originally set up when I got my Zune HD. I synced my phone with the same Live account that I used with my Zune HD so I could keep using Zune on my Focus/Titan. Unfortunately, Office won't sync with my professional account. To get around this I added a link to my Skydrive account in IE. It's a lot more convenient now with the recent changes to Skydrive. I can easily add files on my PC and get to them from IE on my phone.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So after getting AT&T to correct the credit card charge for the ordering snafu, I activated my Titan yesterday and I am loving. This phone is a pleasure to use and I feel like a new man after having used a WP7 device for a couple of days. Everyone at my office is blown away by this device and OS.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
This phone is definatly fun to show off, most people are amazed and they wonder why they have never saw this phone before. Or this os for that matter.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that some of my titan brothers are still w/o their phone. All I can say is that it's well worth the wait. This thing is a beast!

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with people complaint that you are hard to hear? Half the people I talk to say they here me fine. The other half say things that range from me sounding like I am in a hallway to they just can't understand my words clearly. I've tried talking with and without the case-mate tough case.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about composing an email.

In typing in the "To:" field, it is pulling from all of my facebook contacts in addition to my google contacts. I have my People tile just showing my google contacts. Is there a way to have the "To:" field just look at my google contacts?

sayonical

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning my titan. Its a wonderful device I love it dearly but Tmobile offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. $215 credit towards the radar + $100 to trade in my old HTC dash +$60 monthly unlimited everything. Compared to $85 on At&t. I like both phones as I got to play with them both equally over the last week. The titan though has a more gorgeous screen and its larger but the radar's screen is way better than my HD7 which I have now put up on eBay. They both take great photos as well.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my penny Titan on the Saturday penny sale in the afternoon.. It is still on Backorder, but I've spoken with AT&T Premier support a few times and they feel confident it will ship tomorrow (Monday). We'll see!

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my penny Titan on the Saturday penny sale in the afternoon.. It is still on Backorder, but I've spoken with AT&T Premier support a few times and they feel confident it will ship tomorrow (Monday). We'll see!
When did you talk to them? Anytime I ask, they say they don't know. This makes me feel better, as I'm in the same boat as you!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I hate to quote you again, but if I do a reset and change default email, how does that effect the fact I set up this phone on Zune and windowsphone.com? Do I just delete the phone from that account and create a new Zune/windowsphone.com account and give ownership to that?

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When did you talk to them? Anytime I ask, they say they don't know. This makes me feel better, as I'm in the same boat as you!
Monday 11/28: The rep told me there are -7 Titans in their secondary warehouse and -400 in their primary warehouse. He also said there is a shipment expected to arrive this week with 515 HTC Titans. According to him, of those 515, mine will be one of the first 7 to ship out.

Later that week, Wednesday 11/30 I believe, a rep told me it was still on backorder and there were about 2000 units supposed to be coming in. In her opinion, she expected mine to ship out by Monday 12/5 at the very LATEST.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Monday 11/28: The rep told me there are -7 Titans in their secondary warehouse and -400 in their primary warehouse. He also said there is a shipment expected to arrive this week with 515 HTC Titans. According to him, of those 515, mine will be one of the first 7 to ship out.

Later that week, Wednesday 11/30 I believe, a rep told me it was still on backorder and there were about 2000 units supposed to be coming in. In her opinion, she expected mine to ship out by Monday 12/5 at the very LATEST.

Jeez! Finally some helpful information! Surely I'm in that 2000 that are coming in, I would hope - considering the fact that I ordered within an hour of the sale that Friday night. Every time I get an email I hold my breath hoping it's a shipment notification. It's getting old... Lol!

Thanks for sharing this, muchly appreciated!!

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I'm not sure how accurate this information is - over the years, I've found AT&T representatives tend to give very different information if you ask the same question to multiple people. (I encountered this many times while trying to get my $199 refunded after purchasing the Focus S and reading about the upcoming Black Saturday penny deal.)

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I hate to quote you again, but if I do a reset and change default email, how does that effect the fact I set up this phone on Zune and windowsphone.com? Do I just delete the phone from that account and create a new Zune/windowsphone.com account and give ownership to that?
I Thi k you can forget the phone in the Zune app. I have debated doing this on my Focus because some songs won't such to my titan that I had in the focus. I'm not 100% sure to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb