THE OFFICIAL: I got my one cent HTC Titan thread.

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my penny Titan last Saturday and received it on the following Tuesday. The ordering process was an ease and shipping was super fast (I'm in Alaska). I've been swamped with work and school this month, so I haven't sat down and gave my Titan a thorough testing. Here are some things I've noticed so far. Nothing major, but being my first WP7 phone and coming from an iPhone 3GS, it's something I definitely noticed right out of the gates:

- The screen responsiveness, specifically scrolling up and down, is good but I've noticed my finger needs to move a short distance before the screen "catches" my finger movement and begins to scroll. I know it's not scientific, but if I start at the top of the Xbox logo, the screen won't scroll down until I've reached the bottom of the logo. I haven't tried the screen responsiveness with any games, so I can't make a valid opinion about yet.

- When scrollilng fast, text degradation is very noticable. Coming from a 3GS, it's something I'm used to, but is more noticable with the Titan due to its huge screen.

- When unlocking the phone after pressing the power button, the lock screen doesn't flow upward in a fluid, continuously fast motion like I see in various review videos. It flows to about the bottom 1/4 where the screen transitions into a face pace into a slower pace. It doesn't stutter or anything, but seems to hit some mud on the way up.

- Build quality is awesome. The phone's weight is evenly distributed and feels great in the hand. I have average sized hands and can operate the Titan with one hand easily. Unless you have tiny hands like in those Burger King commercials, the size shouldn't be a problem.

- The screen is great. I compared the Focus S to this and the blue hue on the white background was a deal breaker for me. I personally use the red tiles on white background and the blue hue would've killed me by now. The colors are nice and natural. Pictures and videos are good and in your face! I'm used to holding my 3GS close to my face when viewing content, so it's taking me some time to adjust.

- The camera is also good. I enjoy the panorama and burst shot options. I also like the camera options that I didn't get with my 3GS. Video quality is also good. The Photo Enhance app is cool, but I'm still waiting for the Hipstamatic and PicFrame WP7 apps!

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have gotten my One Penny Titan for Zero Pennies. Right after I placed the order online, a $0.01 charge from AT&T showed up as Pending on my credit card website. Since then, it has disappeared and not come back. Maybe AT&T realized the CC merchant fee makes it not worth it.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Any of you 1 cent guys not happy with the Titan and wish to sell it. I missed out on the deal but would be willing to pay $200 PayPal to anyone that wants to sell their phone. I am on Verizon with a Trophy and would consider trading plus dollars for the Titan.

I'm not trying to be ridiculous here; just trying to get the phone and hot be on contract.:excl:

Please PM me with your comments or offers.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Any of you 1 cent guys not happy with the Titan and wish to sell it. I missed out on the deal but would be willing to pay $200 PayPal to anyone that wants to sell their phone. I am on Verizon with a Trophy and would consider trading plus dollars for the Titan.

I'm not trying to be ridiculous here; just trying to get the phone and hot be on contract.:excl:

anyone not happy with their Titan would be foolish to take $200 for it. I would just return it and wait for another device of my choice instead of giving you $200 and staying in a two year contract. Nice try but there are people smarter than you think in here, your offer is pretty insulting when you think about it. :rolleyes:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

If you're on Verizon then you're barking up the wrong tree anyway mate, as this is a GSM phone so won't work on the Verizon network.

Plus as the reply above states, even paying $200 for the phone doesn't negate the cost of the 2 year contract the original purchaser has had to enter in to to obtain the phone, even if they got it for 1c.

These phones are currently selling for $500 - $600 off contract on eBay. That's the kind of money you're looking at to get one of these from any members here I would think.

Just my 2c.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If you're on Verizon then you're barking up the wrong tree anyway mate, as this is a GSM phone so won't work on the Verizon network.

Plus as the reply above states, even paying $200 for the phone doesn't negate the cost of the 2 year contract the original purchaser has had to enter in to to obtain the phone, even if they got it for 1c.

These phones are currently selling for $500 - $600 off contract on eBay. That's the kind of money you're looking at to get one of these from any members here I would think.

Just my 2c.

Guys, I realize it's not the best offer and I know I can't use it on Verizon. give me some credit please. I just put it out there for anyone that wants the easy way out. I'm not stopping someone from offering me their phone at a higher price. When budgets are limited, one takes a chance. I don't expect to get any takers but who knows, Santa may be watching.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I realize it's not the best offer and I know I can't use it on Verizon. give me some credit please. I just put it out there for anyone that wants the easy way out. I'm not stopping someone from offering me their phone at a higher price. When budgets are limited, one takes a chance. I don't expect to get any takers but who knows, Santa may be watching.

The only easy way out is to return the device and not sell it to an opportunist like yourself. Your offer is atrocious and insults the intelligence of the board members in here.

thodge84

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
screw your 1 cent Titans :mad:

i got my FREE Titan :cool::D
came in today and im about to set it up in 20 min when i go to lunch. got if for free, no payment info needed, no tax, nada becuz they messed up my order and i had to call custmr support to fix it. since the deal was over with and all that stuff, they just gave it to me for free!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
screw your 1 cent Titans :mad:

i got my FREE Titan :cool::D
came in today and im about to set it up in 20 min when i go to lunch. got if for free, no payment info needed, no tax, nada becuz they messed up my order and i had to call custmr support to fix it. since the deal was over with and all that stuff, they just gave it to me for free!

If we ever meet, you're buying lunch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss