Anyone AmazonWireless?

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get a Titan from AmazonWireless for .01? My order is still pending Carrier approval. It is supposed to arrive 12/1 or 2 it still says. Ordered back on 11/21.

Would like to know what is going on cause I could have gotten it for Free @ Best Buy...

Getting a little upset with the lack of information from them. Usually they are a lot better. They still have not answered my email inquiry...

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand how they could be this far back-ordered. I mean the Titan has been released for nearly 2 months. What's the hold up? I'm really starting to regret not waiting til Saturday... or living within 100 miles of a Microsoft store. :(

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The international version of the Titan has been out that long. The AT&T version is slightly different. I mean, as someone else said in a different thread, it's bittersweet that this is happening. On one hand it sucks that they don't have enough, but on the other hand it's showing AT&T and the other carriers not to underestimate the WP7 fanbase. I wish I'd just gone into a store Saturday and gotten it then, but I'm lazy. A little more patient and less urgent than I was yesterday, but oh well...

Watcherseye

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one last week, it's pending shipping which is either Dec 1 or 2. Carrier approval is a go, they just don't have the device to ship yet I guess.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So everyone who did this deal is expecting it to be shipped tomorrow, Dec 1? What if it still isn't shipped? If it isn't, how much longer do you think it could be?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

phiresun

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my order

I placed my order about the same time you did, I put in a order through AT&T on last Saturday for the $.01 sale. I immediately canceled my order with Amazon wireless Monday. I got my phone from AT&T Tuesday.

Good luck, but I really think they have a serious back order and it is now affecting AT&T also.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Like phireson, i was backordered on Amazon...bought thru Best Buy, and canceled Amazon. My Amazon order was showing backordered w/ estimated ship date of Dec 5-6 and est delivery Dec 8-9.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
E-mailed Amazon around noon yesterday asking when I could expect a shipping date. Reply was that the order is pending shipping and that I could track the shipping through their website. Nothing I didn't know.
So I woke up this morning to see an email from Amazon Wireless about shipping and got excited for 3 seconds. Open it- my order has been further backordered with expected delivery dates between Dec. 6-14. Turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. I just expected that since it was Amazon they couldn't possibly take that much longer than other sellers.
I don't suppose I could go to an AT&T store and ask if they could fill the order if possible. I would try to get Amazon to send me a Focus S instead, but it sucks, imo.

Just trying to vent before going into work.

Watcherseye

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
E-mailed Amazon around noon yesterday asking when I could expect a shipping date. *snip*

Same thing...basically Amazon wireless has no control over anything and can't even check the stock in their warehouses (as I was told by their support). So I'm now expecting a delivery of 7 Dec - 15 Dec. I'd try other places, but I won't get the .01 deal. :-\

Igchoo

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting on AmazonWireless too

New member. 1st post. Great Forum.

Still waiting for my AmazonWireless order as well, placed back on Nov 22. Was promised free 2-day shipping by Dec 02; received Email overnight that shipping has been delayed and now could occur anytime between Dec 5 and Dec 13.

Coming from 10 years with VZW & an original rooted & ROM'd Motorola Droid...I am really ready for the Titan + WP. Fantastic look & feel when I demo'd it at a local AT&T store.

For a penny, I can wait a few more days I guess...

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This situation is bringing out the inner 3 year old in me. I just want it now! *sniffle sniffle cry cry*

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like everyone everywhere underestimated this phone & didn't carry nearly enough stock to meet demand. If this had been the new iPhone or the new Android flavor of the month, then tech bloggers would be all over this & they'd be riots in the streets. Just sayin.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got an email this morning saying that the SIM card and start guide were being delayed, with no mention of the Titan. I logged into amazon and it wanted me to approve the two or something like that. Is anyone else getting the automated run-around?

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Yep, I've had to do this twice: first, when the initial shipping estimate of December 2nd came and went, I had to approve a delayed shipping estimate of "December 5th - December 13th." I did.

Then December 5th (yesterday) came and went without a shipment, and this morning I had to approve a revised range of "December 6th - December 13th." I approved that as well. I'm assuming I'll have to approve a revised shipping estimate every morning until December 13th rolls around, and maybe even after that. To be honest, every day I have to approve a shipping delay is making me re-think my order more and more. If a firm date for an AT&T Nokia device materialized, I'd cancel the order for the Titan in a heartbeat, one cent or not.

Got an email this morning saying that the SIM card and start guide were being delayed, with no mention of the Titan. I logged into amazon and it wanted me to approve the two or something like that. Is anyone else getting the automated run-around?

Igchoo

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here for me yesterday - I also had to 'approve' the revised Dec. 6th - Dec. 15th shipping window. Hopefully Amazon can make that estimate work, and get us all our new phones.

I guess until then we'll just hang out here on the forum to get out 'Titan Fix' until we have them in our hands!

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you think Amazon actually has a small stock, they just are prioritizing them? Like if someone buys one now at the regular price they get bumps ahead of us?

I will not buy from Amazon again unless the item is in stock and ready to be shipped. Lesson learned.

TheP90XGrad

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here

First post here. Good forums and great site.

I'm in the same boat as all of you. Placed my order on Nov. 22 and still waiting. First shipping date was Dec. 5-6, but on Dec. 3 received the email stating a delay with a ship date of Dec. 8-15, then this morning received another email wanting me to confirm the date.

I confirmed and looks like I'll be waiting it out with others here. :) No local stores have it and neither did the local Best Buy this past weekend.

It's killin me! :) I too have the original Droid and am chomping at the bit to get my Titan!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett