Anyone AmazonWireless?

Stymie_4_AU

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I give up. Was really interested in a Windows Metro Style phone, but will not go through this to get it.

Verizon, here I come!

Sorry folks, I really was tempted by the new Windows platform.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today, oddly enough it was not set up and ready to go out of the box. Essentially it does not recognize the SIM. I called AT&T to see what happened and they basically told me Amazon Wireless sent me a contract free phone for a penny and to enjoy. If I wanted to add a line to it just go through the website.

Obviously something is a amiss here. No way should they have sent me a phone without processing my add a line contract for a penny. But they did.

Igchoo

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Received both of mine late yesterday via UPS.

The seal on one box had been broken, although the contents appeared undisturbed and exactly like the other sealed box. SIM cards were bagged, and still 'intact' inside their 'credit cards'. Other items included were batteries, USB cables and wall chargers, all sealed in their bags.

Have to say I am loving WP 7.5 and the Titan. I can see why others have been praising the simplicity and elegance of this OS. Set up was a breeze, and it really is a fast and smooth interface.

Cheers!

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
finally shipped

Originally scheduled for 12/13 shipping. Got a shipped e-mail this morning. Will get it tomorrow -- one day shipping.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I received mine today, oddly enough it was not set up and ready to go out of the box. Essentially it does not recognize the SIM. I called AT&T to see what happened and they basically told me Amazon Wireless sent me a contract free phone for a penny and to enjoy. If I wanted to add a line to it just go through the website.

Obviously something is a amiss here. No way should they have sent me a phone without processing my add a line contract for a penny. But they did.

Don't you have to call Amazon Wireless and have them set up service? I thought those were the instructions given to me when I placed my order.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 11/22 received 12/9

Don't you have to call Amazon Wireless and have them set up service? I thought those were the instructions given to me when I placed my order.

No, you just put in the SIM and you are good to go. At least that was how it was for my new activation. I had a little complication with porting a number but that had nothing to do with Amazon.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yep, but once they sent the phone that was not pre-activated, nor processed with AT&T, at that point they sold me an off contract phone for a penny. I put service on it direct from AT&T and avoided a contract. Some might say its wrong being Amazon dropped the ball with not processing the contracts and activations with AT&T, and not sending these out pre-activated, but it is what it is and AT&T is still getting my service, just in a non-contract way which I fundamentally think phone service contracts are wrong to begin with.

devilhound1

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Got my Wife's Titan yesterday and its a great phone but I have to say I think my Focus S screen blows the Titan's screen away, (would never tell her that though).

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep, but once they sent the phone that was not pre-activated, nor processed with AT&T, at that point they sold me an off contract phone for a penny. I put service on it direct from AT&T and avoided a contract. Some might say its wrong being Amazon dropped the ball with not processing the contracts and activations with AT&T, and not sending these out pre-activated, but it is what it is and AT&T is still getting my service, just in a non-contract way which I fundamentally think phone service contracts are wrong to begin with.

Amazon may still get their commission on the sale, who knows how it's setup.

I am sick of everyone from my cable company, to my wireless carrier wanting me to sign a contract. :cool:

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Titan on the Dec 10 and orignally said it was going to ship on the 22nd. Here it looks like I will have it tomorrow. yeppy!
When I order I did it as an upgrade and I read that I should use the new Sim card shipped with the phone. I just wonder if the Sim Card from my Nokia 5800 (which shows 3.5G) would work in it. (Nokia is what I am replacing). I don't want to mess with anything but I am curious to know if it would work.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Titan today from Amazonwireless for 1 penny as an add-a-line and asked for next day shipping. The website shows "usually ships in 24 hours" so I was happy to see its not backordered right now. My order says I should receive it tomorrow on 12/16 or Monday 12/19.

keeping my fingers crossed....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos