Uh oh...all my email accounts were deleted

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My screen froze just a bit ago, now all my email accounts were deleted and my settings reset and I can't get my email back

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Last edited by a moderator:

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No. I was turning the volume down, and it froze at 20. So I pulled the battery. When it booted back up, all my email accounts were gone and the settings reset.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And by can't get my email I mean when I try to sign into them again, it gives me an "unknown error". Gonna try another battery pull right now

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah I wish that was what happened. My email accounts have disappeared completely. Like they were deleted. I tried to log in to them to get them back on the phone and it won't.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm home and on WiFi I'm gonna try one more time to add the emails back to my phone and if it works I'll let you know. If not, then, *gulp* resetting the phone :(

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Reset the phone. Had to manually install the apps cause for some reason it wouldn't auto download from windowsphone.com like it usually does. Mentioned it to Ben the PC Guy on Twitter and he said he's gonna talk to htc himself about getting me another phone.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this is a problem with syncing Google data? I have had many problems with Google syncing in the past. This was on multiple Android devices. It would get stuck syncing Contacts usually. This would end up killing my battery life as well.

In the end, I just stopped using Google for my Calendar, Email, and Contacts. I currently use a Hosted Exchange account for these items.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It deleted all of mine. My Army email, my gmail, and my hotmail were synced to the phone. And have been fine for over 2 weeks since I got the Titan.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems likely that the data was corrupted and pulling your battery caused the data to be lost. I am just curious which account caused the corruption. I believe it is possible to remote wipe with EAS as well. Is your Army account on an exchange server? It could have been an issue there.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte