Exchange Issue.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Trying to set up my corp email and I ran into an issue. On my Iphone, when I first set up the account, I am presented with a warning that my company's certificate cant be varified. It then gives me the option of proceeding or canceling. On the Titan, it just says there is an error with the certificate and I need to contact my Admin.

Is there anyway to bypass this and proceed? Hoping someone else ran into this problem and found a work around.

Thanks.

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Trying to set up my corp email and I ran into an issue. On my Iphone, when I first set up the account, I am presented with a warning that my company's certificate cant be varified. It then gives me the option of proceeding or canceling. On the Titan, it just says there is an error with the certificate and I need to contact my Admin.

Is there anyway to bypass this and proceed? Hoping someone else ran into this problem and found a work around.

Thanks.
Try this link:

Windows phone 7 certificate error

I haven't received my Titan yet so I can't verify that it works but I was researching for when I do.

Let me know if it works for you.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying but that isnt my issue. I dont actually need to load a certificate. I need the phone to allow me to use a non verifiable certificate. Like I mentioned, it works on HTC Android devices and the Iphone. Im suprised that I am having this issue with a HTC Windows PHone.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly your issue. You need to manually load the certificate using the instructions in the link provided, then the email client can make use of it. Yes, it would be ideal if the email config prompted for the acceptance of an invalid certificate like Android/iOS does.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly your issue. You need to manually load the certificate using the instructions in the link provided, then the email client can make use of it. Yes, it would be ideal if the email config prompted for the acceptance of an invalid certificate like Android/iOS does.

It's odd though. HTC email clients are usually pretty good for things like this. And thier Android OS does it. Must be something specific to MS.

Oh well.

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's odd though. HTC email clients are usually pretty good for things like this. And thier Android OS does it. Must be something specific to MS.

Oh well.

It's a windows phone issue for sure. HTC isn't allowed to change the email client like they can on android.

We had to do this back in the Windows mobile days as well. Sucks they couldn't get this fixed. I always thought MS said first / best on Windows Phone....:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos