11 15.49%
  • Screen Is Poor

0 0%
  • Preferred Amoled

4 5.63%
12-09-2011 10:47 AM
64 123
tools
    My favorite thing to do with my Titan is walk up to one of my friends that are carrying a Galaxy S2 or an EVO 3D or any of the high end phones and say "That sure is a cute little phone" ;)
    Okay, that is just really, really funny. My Wife is going to steal that, as she owns the Titan.
    12-03-2011 10:26 AM
    Okay guys,should I get It or not?
    I really like It but I'm a little concerned with the bugs.
    Is It just AT&T Titan's with dead pixels or the international models had dead pixels too?What about sound and the other issues?
    Do You think should I wait for newer models to come out?
    12-03-2011 02:18 PM
    Is It just AT&T Titan's with dead pixels or the international models had dead pixels too?What about sound and the other issues?
    If you wait for newer models, you will always be waiting. There will always be newer models coming out.
    12-03-2011 02:23 PM
    If you wait for newer models, you will always be waiting. There will always be newer models coming out.
    I know that,but maybe the next wave of WP7 Mango devices would have less issues?
    12-03-2011 03:24 PM
    I have no dead pixels or sound issues, and I have an AT&T branded Titan. What are the sound issues people are having?
    12-03-2011 03:55 PM
    Got my titan and love it. The screen is a lot better than I thought it would be. Its so big you don't have to be that close to it so you don't see the low res. Compared it to my brothers old HTC surround and the screen is a million times better. A friend of mine got the droid razer and this blows that screen out of the water. The colors aee more real than on the Samsung phones. Don't
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    12-03-2011 06:58 PM
    I had the Focus S from launch day until Monday, when I returned it for the Titan deal at Best Buy. The only things I've noticed are the inferior black levels and lower saturation, but these aren't much of an issue at all for me. The screen size is impressive. Not for everyone I'm sure, but I love it.

Also, aside from the screen, I like some other aspects of the Titan over the Focus S (and every Windows Phone, basically), such as the indicator light, the metal body, the vibration, HTCs attentive phone settings, the panorama camera mode, and the capacitive buttons that are always on when the screen is on. It always bothered me that the buttons light up only after you touch them on the Samsung phones. What's the point in them lighting up after you've already hit them?
    TheWeeBear and sfleuriet like this.
    12-03-2011 07:31 PM
    I am satisfied with my Titan, although I wouldn't mind if the Titan 2 had a 4.5 inch display, and was perhaps a tad thinner.
    12-03-2011 08:28 PM
    I am satisfied with my Titan, although I wouldn't mind if the Titan 2 had a 4.5 inch display, and was perhaps a tad thinner.
    Yeah... 4.5 and thinner sounds like a pretty good Titan 2. I know some females in here may disagree :D
    12-03-2011 09:17 PM
    As long as it doesn't have the same design language the 4.5" HTC vivid has. I don't like it.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Edit, for some reason, BE opens up the edit screen in what seems like a native wp7 text editor, which has better KB response for me :(
    12-03-2011 10:13 PM
    Noooo not smaller!!! Thinner I like nut not smaller. A nice 5 inch display and thinner would be great
    12-03-2011 10:30 PM
    I have no dead pixels or sound issues, and I have an AT&T branded Titan. What are the sound issues people are having?
    Hiss sound,music sound changes while using bing search,
    12-04-2011 03:55 AM
    If my upgrade was sooner, I wouldn't hesitate in getting a Titan. Looks like I should be lined up for a Nokia 900 - a nice waiting present. :)
    12-04-2011 06:06 AM
    The sound change when using Bing search is a Windows Phone issue has been reported on other Mango devices.
    12-04-2011 06:15 AM
    I have not noticed any hiss sound. I returned the Focus S because of sound feedback issues. If they were present on my Titan I think I would have noticed. Can you be more specific about where and when this happens?

I have not encountered the Bing issue either but I usually do not interact with Bing while using my phone for music playback.

12-04-2011 08:42 AM
    I have not noticed any hiss sound. I returned the Focus S because of sound feedback issues. If they were present on my Titan I think I would have noticed. Can you be more specific about where and when this happens?

I have not encountered the Bing issue either but I usually do not interact with Bing while using my phone for music playback.

hiss sound happens when zune changes music,I think.is yours international version?
    12-04-2011 11:44 AM
    Nope, AT&T version. I did buy it a Microsoft Store though.

12-04-2011 12:13 PM
    good for you,seems AT&T Titans had more problems than the international version!
    12-04-2011 12:23 PM
    My favorite thing to do with my Titan is walk up to one of my friends that are carrying a Galaxy S2 or an EVO 3D or any of the high end phones and say "That sure is a cute little phone" ;)
    HAHa stomach exercise Thats great!!!
    12-04-2011 01:27 PM
    You're making want to go try it out and buyit and and I am wanting to waity and see the Lumia 900 before I buy!
    12-04-2011 01:28 PM
    As the Screen Bleed Or .... thread is closed,I,m gonna ask It here,
    Is it even a problem or just one faulty device?
    That thread should't be closed,'cause what ever the question is we should be able to discuss It no matter what It is.
    12-05-2011 02:34 PM
    As the Screen Bleed Or .... thread is closed,I,m gonna ask It here,
    Is it even a problem or just one faulty device?
    That thread should't be closed,'cause what ever the question is we should be able to discuss It no matter what It is.
    it was closed because a few members were arguing over exact wording or something.

Is it a problem? No. Because you have to press your screen far harder than any use would require (or even be logical), in order for the "issue" to crop up. That, and any TN/*VA panel is going to deform like that under pressure. It's natural. Only IPS panels are immune to this, and I'm unsure about Plasma. AMOLED is also immune to this. However, Plasma and AMOLED are not LCD technology. IPS is not used in many phones due to opacity and relative thickness of panel (not to mention price of making the many layered panel). AMOLED is limited in supply. Plasma is a power hog in the truest sense (also hase similar color longevity/burn in issues that AMOLED has).
    12-05-2011 02:56 PM
    I think It shouldn't be closed anyway!
    I'm glad It's not a problem,
    12-05-2011 03:07 PM
    I think It shouldn't be closed anyway!
    I'm glad It's not a problem,
    If you have an issue with something I do feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.

Dave
    12-05-2011 09:03 PM
    Noooo not smaller!!! Thinner I like nut not smaller. A nice 5 inch display and thinner would be great
    Dude... you want a tablet with phone capabilities. :lol::P
    12-05-2011 10:16 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD