View Poll Results: Order off being back-ordered?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still on back-order ;(

24 70.59%
  • Was on back-order and now has shipped or already received

8 23.53%
  • I'm glad mine was on back order and was received or being shipped

0 0%
  • Other (explain)

2 5.88%
12-09-2011 08:18 PM
187 ... 5678
tools
    Gonna head home from work so I can set up my TITAN. Finally!!!!!!
    Does this mean that we can now officially stop pretending that we like our Titans? Mission is accomplished. Jenashley took the bait.
    12-07-2011 06:20 PM
    Gonna head home from work so I can set up my TITAN. Finally!!!!!!
    I was thinking of you all day...hope you're having fun with your hard-earned Titan!!
    12-07-2011 06:32 PM
    I got my Titan! It is my very first WP. So far, I have started to upload some apps. MetroTube is awesome. Also, I tested tellme for everything I would use it for and it worked perfectly.

I am still learning, but I have some questions:

1. Can I teach the auto-populate words? like my email address.

2. Can i have a black background just for my home page and white for the other pages?

3. Why do my cellular bars show when I have cellular turned off? It makes me nervous... I like the indicators to tell me what is on and what isn't.
    12-07-2011 06:38 PM
    Hmm... so... where is this "front porch?" ;-P
    wouldn't you like to know ;)

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express
    12-07-2011 06:43 PM
    I got my Titan! It is my very first WP. So far, I have started to upload some apps. MetroTube is awesome. Also, I tested tellme for everything I would use it for and it worked perfectly.

I am still learning, but I have some questions:

1. Can I teach the auto-populate words? like my email address.
    I don't think you could auto-populate. But you could add words to your dictionary, so that when you start to type them it should show up.

When you type in a word that's not already in the dictionary, just tap it to hi-light it. It should show up in the word list with a + by it. Press the + and it should go into the dictionary.

2. Can i have a black background just for my home page and white for the other pages?
    I don't believe so.

3. Why do my cellular bars show when I have cellular turned off? It makes me nervous... I like the indicators to tell me what is on and what isn't.
    It is weird. But maybe it's to show you that you can get signal if you turn cellular on. You should notice that the "4G" next to the bars disappears if you don't have cellular on though. So that should tell you.
    BostonSammy likes this.
    12-07-2011 06:46 PM
    I was thinking of you all day...hope you're having fun with your hard-earned Titan!!
    Why thank you!!!

I love it. I just really can't get the sim card to act right. I went through the steps of activating it, but now what? Eh... Impatient... Lol Just wait for my phone to connect?
    12-07-2011 07:08 PM
    Why thank you!!!

I love it. I just really can't get the sim card to act right. I went through the steps of activating it, but now what? Eh... Impatient... Lol Just wait for my phone to connect?
    My simcard was jammed in the space incorrectly... they didn't slide it under the black guides... they just crammed it in. I had to carefully remove it and insert it correctly.
    12-07-2011 07:17 PM
    My simcard was jammed in the space incorrectly... they didn't slide it under the black guides... they just crammed it in. I had to carefully remove it and insert it correctly.
    Exact same thing happened with me. I thought it may have just been me and my Titan. Why in the world would they do it that way?
    12-07-2011 07:28 PM
    Exact same thing happened with me. I thought it may have just been me and my Titan. Why in the world would they do it that way?
    Mine was in there fine. Is it because the activation page says mine is still pending? It's been FOREVER since I've done this, so forgive the ignorance. Is there supposed to be a "no sim" symbol in the top left while it's pending activation? I want to make sure me and my phone are on the same page.
    12-07-2011 07:44 PM
    Yes, if the SIM is not activated yet, it will have a no SIM symbol.

When I got mine, the SIM activated within a few minutes. Did you follow the instructions packed with the phone?
    12-07-2011 07:56 PM
    When I got mine, the SIM activated within a few minutes. Did you follow the instructions packed with the phone?
    Same here. By the time I had it powered up, it was activated and had 4G signal.

I'm still getting used to the power button as well. I can say for certain the audio output through the audio jack is WAY better than my previous Focus S and Focus. When I plug it into the Aux audio jack in my truck, the audio is ten times clearer and more powerful.

Loving the screen!! And not seeing any pixelation or distortion anywhere.
    12-07-2011 08:03 PM
    Yes, if the SIM is not activated yet, it will have a no SIM symbol.

Yeah I def followed the directions. I'm porting my number from Sprint so do you think that could be the hold-up? I just restarted my phone hoping that would fix it, but no go.

I'm getting even more impatient than I was before! I'm about to call the phone number that came with it to talk to someone about this.
    12-07-2011 08:10 PM
    Might have to go back to the drawing board; amazon notified me they might be cancelling my order due to lack of supply. Placed this order more than 2 weeks ago...
    12-07-2011 08:12 PM
    Yeah I def followed the directions. I'm porting my number from Sprint so do you think that could be the hold-up? I just restarted my phone hoping that would fix it, but no go.

I'm getting even more impatient than I was before! I'm about to call the phone number that came with it to talk to someone about this.
    Looks like you've got some phone calls to make.

Or maybe... just maybe... the process of updating your card is taking place from Fort Worth. If that's the case, you may not see the update for another 2 weeks.
    12-07-2011 08:26 PM
    Might have to go back to the drawing board; amazon notified me they might be cancelling my order due to lack of supply. Placed this order more than 2 weeks ago...
    New supply just came into AT&T! Maybe you should call Amazon and see if they know this.
    12-07-2011 08:26 PM

Turn off both your devices. Then call the porting department to push it through.
    12-07-2011 08:34 PM
    I'm in the same boat...called the 866 number many times, still in process....can play with everything but texting and phone calls...its been almost 6 hours...will try calling in the morning if it's not on when get up
    12-07-2011 08:50 PM
    Mine was in there fine. Is it because the activation page says mine is still pending? It's been FOREVER since I've done this, so forgive the ignorance. Is there supposed to be a "no sim" symbol in the top left while it's pending activation? I want to make sure me and my phone are on the same page.
    Then there must be some not-so-bright people working for AT&T in their warehouse.
    12-07-2011 08:53 PM
    Looks like you've got some phone calls to make.

Or maybe... just maybe... the process of updating your card is taking place from Fort Worth. If that's the case, you may not see the update for another 2 weeks.
    I'm beginning to think my Titan ownership is just full of bad omens. So... I called the Premier number and there was pretty much nothing they could do for me. So I called the normal AT&T Customer Service line and got someone who transfered me to the Terms & Conditions deal. As soon as I got there, what happened? "We apologize, this system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please hang up and try again."

Really? And so I call back and get someone else who was even more helpful - so I thought. Gave her all my info (including the plan and data plan I picked) only to be put on hold for a couple minutes and for her to come back and say, "Unfortunately we are unable to activate this device because that department closed 3 minutes ago."

ARGH!!! So they're going to call me in the morning after it goes through.

I'm just so thrilled to be back at AT&T...
    12-07-2011 09:13 PM
    Oh man. That bites.

I've never had a big problem with AT&T. But maybe it's my laid back personality.

It also helps that I always assume that the person helping me us really trying their best, but may just be intellectually challenged. So being patient with them is like doing a good deed for the day.
    12-08-2011 02:16 AM
    I'm beginning to think my Titan ownership is just full of bad omens. So... I called the Premier number and there was pretty much nothing they could do for me. So I called the normal AT&T Customer Service line and got someone who transfered me to the Terms & Conditions deal. As soon as I got there, what happened? "We apologize, this system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please hang up and try again."

Really? And so I call back and get someone else who was even more helpful - so I thought. Gave her all my info (including the plan and data plan I picked) only to be put on hold for a couple minutes and for her to come back and say, "Unfortunately we are unable to activate this device because that department closed 3 minutes ago."

ARGH!!! So they're going to call me in the morning after it goes through.

I'm just so thrilled to be back at AT&T...
    Jen, I went to store to port my number, and they did it in about 5min. Maybe they could help you (???).
    12-08-2011 06:11 AM
    Jen, I went to store to port my number, and they did it in about 5min. Maybe they could help you (???).
    Yeah if it doesn't get done today, I'm gonna do that. This is lame. Such is my luck though.

Sent from my wicked HTC TITAN using Board Express
    12-08-2011 07:12 AM
    FINALLY!! Kicked over this morning at 7:30am.... Soon as I turned the blackberry on, for some reason, it shut the phone and BIS down and the Titan was live.. VERY impressed thus far :D
    12-08-2011 09:27 AM
    FINALLY!! Kicked over this morning at 7:30am.... Soon as I turned the blackberry on, for some reason, it shut the phone and BIS down and the Titan was live.. VERY impressed thus far :D
    Mine still isn't activated... Another call? But I have no time... Le sigh. This is horrible timing!

EDIT
    DONE. It's alive! Thank god. :) Now I can stop bugging you guys!
    Last edited by jenashley; 12-08-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    12-08-2011 09:37 AM
    The SIM card that came in my TITAN was also inserted exactly as you described.They also shanked the sticker sealing the box.
    12-08-2011 10:07 AM
187 ... 5678