Anyone's Titan come out of back-order and ship?

Order off being back-ordered?

• I'm glad mine was on back order and was received or being shipped

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I'll use my iPhone's microsim or the one that came with my Titan.

Employees (Sprint) will be able to get iPhone devices soon, so my work line may be an iPhone and my personal... TITAN!

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure whether I'll use my iPhone's microsim or the one that came with my Titan.

Employees (Sprint) will be able to get iPhone devices soon, so my work line may be an iPhone and my personal... TITAN!

You probably already know it, but you will need an adapter, since the Titan uses a regular size sim...apparently, the only two phones on ATT's lineup that use the microsim are the iPhone and the Pantech Pocket (whatever that is)...

Also, FWIW, when I got my Titan, they gave me a "4g" sim since the Titan is a "4g" phone...and yes, I realize the "4g" term is debatable...

But, I swapped my 3g sim between my 3GS and Atrix with no problems, and the 4g sim from my Atrix between the 3GS and the Focus with no problems, so ... whatever :confused:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
You probably already know it, but you will need an adapter, since the Titan uses a regular size sim...apparently, the only two phones on ATT's lineup that use the microsim are the iPhone and the Pantech Pocket (whatever that is)...

Also, FWIW, when I got my Titan, they gave me a "4g" sim since the Titan is a "4g" phone...and yes, I realize the "4g" term is debatable...

But, I swapped my 3g sim between my 3GS and Atrix with no problems, and the 4g sim from my Atrix between the 3GS and the Focus with no problems, so ... whatever :confused:
Yup... got an extra won lying around. Just trying to figure out if it'll make a real difference in speeds because:

1 - I'm normally on wifi

2 - No one is really getting spectacular speeds in the NYC region

If I use the microsim, I'm gonna keep the data plan as is. If I switch to the new one, I'll switch to a 4G plan.

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan.... IN HAND!

First impressions... Big! Heavier than I expected (Coming from a Focus) and Big!!. Feels good in hand and I am having zero issues with "pixelation".

Biggest complaint so far is the power button, it's just difficult. I also my first call wasn't very clear, less than the Focus even. I'll have to test that one a few more times.

Time to get to work setting the thing up!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan.... IN HAND!

First impressions... Big! Heavier than I expected (Coming from a Focus) and Big!!. Feels good in hand and I am having zero issues with "pixelation".

Biggest complaint so far is the power button, it's just difficult. I also my first call wasn't very clear, less than the Focus even. I'll have to test that one a few more times.

Congrats ;)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
HTC Titan.... IN HAND!

When I first got my Titan I compared it to my Focus and thought, "They weigh about the same." Then my wife pointed out that my Focus was in a case. lol

I still am getting used to the power button too. I keep wanting to press the upper right side, but that's where the volume is. Then when I want to adjust volume, I keep pressing the upper left side only to find nothing!

And it's a little awkward having the power plug on the side. It makes it weird to type if it's plugged in.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my Titan! It is my very first WP. So far, I have started to upload some apps. MetroTube is awesome. Also, I tested tellme for everything I would use it for and it worked perfectly.

I am still learning, but I have some questions:

1. Can I teach the auto-populate words? like my email address.

2. Can i have a black background just for my home page and white for the other pages?

3. Why do my cellular bars show when I have cellular turned off? It makes me nervous... I like the indicators to tell me what is on and what isn't.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I got my Titan! It is my very first WP. So far, I have started to upload some apps. MetroTube is awesome. Also, I tested tellme for everything I would use it for and it worked perfectly.

I am still learning, but I have some questions:

1. Can I teach the auto-populate words? like my email address.

I don't think you could auto-populate. But you could add words to your dictionary, so that when you start to type them it should show up.

When you type in a word that's not already in the dictionary, just tap it to hi-light it. It should show up in the word list with a + by it. Press the + and it should go into the dictionary.

2. Can i have a black background just for my home page and white for the other pages?

I don't believe so.

3. Why do my cellular bars show when I have cellular turned off? It makes me nervous... I like the indicators to tell me what is on and what isn't.

It is weird. But maybe it's to show you that you can get signal if you turn cellular on. You should notice that the "4G" next to the bars disappears if you don't have cellular on though. So that should tell you.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of you all day...hope you're having fun with your hard-earned Titan!!

Why thank you!!!

I love it. I just really can't get the sim card to act right. I went through the steps of activating it, but now what? Eh... Impatient... Lol Just wait for my phone to connect?

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Why thank you!!!

I love it. I just really can't get the sim card to act right. I went through the steps of activating it, but now what? Eh... Impatient... Lol Just wait for my phone to connect?
My simcard was jammed in the space incorrectly... they didn't slide it under the black guides... they just crammed it in. I had to carefully remove it and insert it correctly.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My simcard was jammed in the space incorrectly... they didn't slide it under the black guides... they just crammed it in. I had to carefully remove it and insert it correctly.
Exact same thing happened with me. I thought it may have just been me and my Titan. Why in the world would they do it that way?

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing happened with me. I thought it may have just been me and my Titan. Why in the world would they do it that way?

Mine was in there fine. Is it because the activation page says mine is still pending? It's been FOREVER since I've done this, so forgive the ignorance. Is there supposed to be a "no sim" symbol in the top left while it's pending activation? I want to make sure me and my phone are on the same page.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if the SIM is not activated yet, it will have a no SIM symbol.

When I got mine, the SIM activated within a few minutes. Did you follow the instructions packed with the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786