Anyone's Titan come out of back-order and ship?

Order off being back-ordered?

• I'm glad mine was on back order and was received or being shipped

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When I got mine, the SIM activated within a few minutes. Did you follow the instructions packed with the phone?
Same here. By the time I had it powered up, it was activated and had 4G signal.

I'm still getting used to the power button as well. I can say for certain the audio output through the audio jack is WAY better than my previous Focus S and Focus. When I plug it into the Aux audio jack in my truck, the audio is ten times clearer and more powerful.

Loving the screen!! And not seeing any pixelation or distortion anywhere.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if the SIM is not activated yet, it will have a no SIM symbol.

When I got mine, the SIM activated within a few minutes. Did you follow the instructions packed with the phone?

Yeah I def followed the directions. I'm porting my number from Sprint so do you think that could be the hold-up? I just restarted my phone hoping that would fix it, but no go.

I'm getting even more impatient than I was before! I'm about to call the phone number that came with it to talk to someone about this.

Frostea23

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Might have to go back to the drawing board; amazon notified me they might be cancelling my order due to lack of supply. Placed this order more than 2 weeks ago...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I def followed the directions. I'm porting my number from Sprint so do you think that could be the hold-up? I just restarted my phone hoping that would fix it, but no go.

I'm getting even more impatient than I was before! I'm about to call the phone number that came with it to talk to someone about this.

Looks like you've got some phone calls to make.

Or maybe... just maybe... the process of updating your card is taking place from Fort Worth. If that's the case, you may not see the update for another 2 weeks.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Might have to go back to the drawing board; amazon notified me they might be cancelling my order due to lack of supply. Placed this order more than 2 weeks ago...

New supply just came into AT&T! Maybe you should call Amazon and see if they know this.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Turn off both your devices. Then call the porting department to push it through.

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat...called the 866 number many times, still in process....can play with everything but texting and phone calls...its been almost 6 hours...will try calling in the morning if it's not on when get up

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine was in there fine. Is it because the activation page says mine is still pending? It's been FOREVER since I've done this, so forgive the ignorance. Is there supposed to be a "no sim" symbol in the top left while it's pending activation? I want to make sure me and my phone are on the same page.
Then there must be some not-so-bright people working for AT&T in their warehouse.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you've got some phone calls to make.

Or maybe... just maybe... the process of updating your card is taking place from Fort Worth. If that's the case, you may not see the update for another 2 weeks.

I'm beginning to think my Titan ownership is just full of bad omens. So... I called the Premier number and there was pretty much nothing they could do for me. So I called the normal AT&T Customer Service line and got someone who transfered me to the Terms & Conditions deal. As soon as I got there, what happened? "We apologize, this system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please hang up and try again."

Really? And so I call back and get someone else who was even more helpful - so I thought. Gave her all my info (including the plan and data plan I picked) only to be put on hold for a couple minutes and for her to come back and say, "Unfortunately we are unable to activate this device because that department closed 3 minutes ago."

ARGH!!! So they're going to call me in the morning after it goes through.

I'm just so thrilled to be back at AT&T...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh man. That bites.

I've never had a big problem with AT&T. But maybe it's my laid back personality.

It also helps that I always assume that the person helping me us really trying their best, but may just be intellectually challenged. So being patient with them is like doing a good deed for the day.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think my Titan ownership is just full of bad omens. So... I called the Premier number and there was pretty much nothing they could do for me. So I called the normal AT&T Customer Service line and got someone who transfered me to the Terms & Conditions deal. As soon as I got there, what happened? "We apologize, this system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please hang up and try again."

Really? And so I call back and get someone else who was even more helpful - so I thought. Gave her all my info (including the plan and data plan I picked) only to be put on hold for a couple minutes and for her to come back and say, "Unfortunately we are unable to activate this device because that department closed 3 minutes ago."

ARGH!!! So they're going to call me in the morning after it goes through.

I'm just so thrilled to be back at AT&T...

Jen, I went to store to port my number, and they did it in about 5min. Maybe they could help you (???).

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY!! Kicked over this morning at 7:30am.... Soon as I turned the blackberry on, for some reason, it shut the phone and BIS down and the Titan was live.. VERY impressed thus far :D

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY!! Kicked over this morning at 7:30am.... Soon as I turned the blackberry on, for some reason, it shut the phone and BIS down and the Titan was live.. VERY impressed thus far :D

Mine still isn't activated... Another call? But I have no time... Le sigh. This is horrible timing!

EDIT
DONE. It's alive! Thank god. :) Now I can stop bugging you guys!

Last edited:

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My simcard was jammed in the space incorrectly... they didn't slide it under the black guides... they just crammed it in. I had to carefully remove it and insert it correctly.
The SIM card that came in my TITAN was also inserted exactly as you described.They also shanked the sticker sealing the box.

Frostea23

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Checked a few minutes ago, Amazon wireless is stating I might not get the phone until post-Christmas, which means I will have waited over an entire month with no phone. Kind of ridiculous seeing as I placed this order weeks ago.

I talked to one of their reps, and they said they have no idea when stock will come in.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Checked a few minutes ago, Amazon wireless is stating I might not get the phone until post-Christmas, which means I will have waited over an entire month with no phone. Kind of ridiculous seeing as I placed this order weeks ago.

I talked to one of their reps, and they said they have no idea when stock will come in.

That is... absurd. Completely 100% ridiculous. What are you going to do? Keep waiting? If it wasn't for the cheapness of the deal, I'd say forget it and wait for CES to see what's coming up in January.

Frostea23

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That is... absurd. Completely 100% ridiculous. What are you going to do? Keep waiting? If it wasn't for the cheapness of the deal, I'd say forget it and wait for CES to see what's coming up in January.
I'm just going to have to keep waiting. The Titan is *the* phone I've wanted since it was unveiled in July. Amazon is saving me $120 if I upgrade through them instead of AT&T (AT&T is charging $199 for an upgrade to the Titan; Amazon charging $79).

And yes, this waiting is absurd. I already waited 2 months since the Titan came out in Europe on the first week of October; now I'm being asked to wait another month as they can't fulfill their orders.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going to have to keep waiting. The Titan is *the* phone I've wanted since it was unveiled in July. Amazon is saving me $120 if I upgrade through them instead of AT&T (AT&T is charging $199 for an upgrade to the Titan; Amazon charging $79).

And yes, this waiting is absurd. I already waited 2 months since the Titan came out in Europe on the first week of October; now I'm being asked to wait another month as they can't fulfill their orders.

Good luck on the waiting then! Hopefully a miracle will happen and you'll get it sooner rather than later. :)

Lovin' this thing so far! So much nicer and so HUGE!! I don't miss the Arrive at all. :)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Man this phone is BIG! I knew that going in but unfortunately had to order blind as there were no units in the entire state of VT for me to get a hands on with.

Now, I do have small hands for a guy and so far I'm struggling with normal use of this phone compared to my Focus.

I do like the build quality and the screen is very very good but I'm starting to have doubts about whether I can adjust to a phone this big. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss