I have a decent signal at my place, usually about 3-4 bars. Earlier tonight I tried calling my friend in Cali. I could tell she picked up because the call timer started. All I got was dead silence. She couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear her.

We hung up and this time she tried calling me. Her icon popped up. I could even hear my ringtone. I answered the call but again dead silence. Text messages and MMS seemed to work fine, though I'm guessing texts run through a different spectrum from the "4G" signal.

I then tried calling two other numbers and encountered the same problem. I did an online chat with an AT&T rep who pretty much just told me to exchange the phone (for a small $35 dollar restocking fee). I even considered trying HTC's Connection Setup app.

I finally said screw it and did a soft reset. That fixed the problem. Calls seem to be working fine now.

I then tried to recreate the glitch but so far I've been unsuccessful. I really hope HTC steps up and releases a fix for some of these nagging issues.
    12-03-2011 01:50 AM
    Dash is it a bug or a one time thing? If the phone is broken why would they charge you to get it fixed? Sometimes reps make comments that really **** me off. That's not helping anyone. I have had that same issue but never 2 calls in a row usually hanging up and calling back fixes it without a restart. I just figured it was an at&t tower glitch. Next time don't reset just give it a minute and see if the tower clears up otherwise I would take it back to a at&t store for replacement if this is a factory defect I would think they would replace it for free.
    12-03-2011 06:31 AM
    This happened a few times with my first Radar. I ended up returning it and it has only happened once since I returned it and got a new one. I too did a phone reset.

Almost the same exact thing except I didn't get dead silence, I got robotic voices that were cutting in and out but the person on the other end could hear me perfectly fine.

Since you are on AT&T with a Titan and I am on T-Mobile with the Radar, it definitely sounds like an HTC issue.
    12-03-2011 06:46 AM
    Dash is it a bug or a one time thing? If the phone is broken why would they charge you to get it fixed? Sometimes reps make comments that really **** me off. That's not helping anyone. I have had that same issue but never 2 calls in a row usually hanging up and calling back fixes it without a restart. I just figured it was an at&t tower glitch. Next time don't reset just give it a minute and see if the tower clears up otherwise I would take it back to a at&t store for replacement if this is a factory defect I would think they would replace it for free.
    So far it has only happened once. Hopefully once is how it stays. Since it is happening to others I think this first patch if the Titans have a few kinks that HTC desperately need to work out. I'm going to email HTC about the numerous issues.
    12-03-2011 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD