Our best bet is to contact HTC/AT&T

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The quicker we contact HTC and AT&T about the numerous problems with the Titan the faster someone will get around to fixing them. Here is the list I sent. Hopefully I described the problems accurately.

Weak wifi antenna
Randomly dropping wifi connection
No audio during phone calls
Audio pops during songs
Music distorts while using Bing search
Unusually slow network speeds
Vertical tile tearing
Disappearing keyboard
No activity even with 4G/wifi connected
SRS causes video and game stuttering

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So far I am only seeing:

Disappearing keyboard
SRS causing game stuttering

I am contacting both HTC and AT&T on these issues and I will add in the others u r seeing too so they are hearing all of them from everyone.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If everyone that bought a titan runs and tells at&t that it's a crappy phone, that's what they're going to think it is. They will then stop selling the phone to interested people and leading them to an android or iPhone.
I understand that you're having problems with the phone. Just try to be tactful and not damper the name of wp7 in the eyes of at&t reps anymore than needs to be done. I would suggest not even talking to at&t and going straight to HTC or Microsoft.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The quicker we contact HTC and AT&T about the numerous problems with the Titan the faster someone will get around to fixing them. Here is the list I sent. Hopefully I described the problems accurately.

Weak wifi antenna
Randomly dropping wifi connection
No audio during phone calls
Audio pops during songs
Vertical tile tearing
Disappearing keyboard
No activity even with 4G/wifi connected
SRS causes video and game stuttering

I haven't had any issues with WiFi signal strength.
I HAVE had plenty of issues with it not reconnecting and having to do so manually.
No problems with phone calls.
No audio pops at all.
Haven't run into the Bing search/music issue, but I'm sure it's there and they know about it.
Slow 4G: CHECK. Noticed this on day 1, basically.
No tile tearing.
Almost never have the disappearing keyboard.
No activity while 4G: YES. Had this today and it was infuriating.
Haven't turned on SRS, but I'm sure mine does the same thing.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If everyone that bought a titan runs and tells at&t that it's a crappy phone, that's what they're going to think it is. They will then stop selling the phone to interested people and leading them to an android or iPhone.
I understand that you're having problems with the phone. Just try to be tactful and not damper the name of wp7 in the eyes of at&t reps anymore than needs to be done. I would suggest not even talking to at&t and going straight to HTC or Microsoft.

Agreed. I think most of these issues are with the phone or the OS, and not anything AT&T can do anything about. I don't have the Titan, so I don't know about all the issues, but the disappearing keyboard seems to be a Mango issue, as it's happened with different phones on different networks, including older phones that updated to Mango (like my Focus). MS has been made aware of that issue, but I don't know of any progress with it.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Not sure I agree. AT&T is selling this phone as 4g. They need to deliver on that. Per the AT&T tech support person I spoke with, the phones come preconfigured from HTC, but even if HTC has misconfigured the phones, it's in AT&Ts best interest to get this resolved.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, the Atrix I had before was initially slower than advertised, but an update fixed it. Maybe this issue can be similarly corrected.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any of these problems. Is this stuff you guys all noticed out of the box, or did it take a while to start showing up?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any of these problems. Is this stuff you guys all noticed out of the box, or did it take a while to start showing up?

I notice these straight out of the box. Then again I've only had it for a few days so out of the box is relative.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
These folks making me think about swapping it out for a Focus S. Sheesh.

Hopefully I won't experience those issues. I normally never do, unless it's something like battery life.

Last edited:

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Are these issues only related to AT&T branded Titans?what about international Titans?

I have the international version, and out of all the problems listed, I have only seen the bing audio one, sometimes there is a audio pop when zune is changing tracks, and I saw the tile tearing once, but just locked and unlocked my phone and I have never seen it again. It seems the AT&T models have a lot more problems than the international ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3