12-08-2011 10:35 AM
57 123
tools
    The quicker we contact HTC and AT&T about the numerous problems with the Titan the faster someone will get around to fixing them. Here is the list I sent. Hopefully I described the problems accurately.

Weak wifi antenna
    Randomly dropping wifi connection
    No audio during phone calls
    Audio pops during songs
    Music distorts while using Bing search
    Unusually slow network speeds
    Vertical tile tearing
    Disappearing keyboard
    No activity even with 4G/wifi connected
    SRS causes video and game stuttering
    12-03-2011 09:45 AM
    So far I am only seeing:

Disappearing keyboard
    SRS causing game stuttering

I am contacting both HTC and AT&T on these issues and I will add in the others u r seeing too so they are hearing all of them from everyone.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-03-2011 10:05 AM
    I hope my Titan never starts acting like your Titan!
    Duvi likes this.
    12-03-2011 10:05 AM
    I hope my Titan never starts acting like your Titan!
    Is It international version?
    12-03-2011 10:12 AM
    The sooner the better,let us know if You guys get any response,
    12-03-2011 10:14 AM
    I decided to complete the trifecta by contacting Microsoft as well.
    cyrus_the_great likes this.
    12-03-2011 10:18 AM
    I decided to complete the trifecta by contacting Microsoft as well.
    I just wanted to tell you,that don't forget the "Redmond Giant",good job!;)
    12-03-2011 10:31 AM
    If everyone that bought a titan runs and tells at&t that it's a crappy phone, that's what they're going to think it is. They will then stop selling the phone to interested people and leading them to an android or iPhone.
    I understand that you're having problems with the phone. Just try to be tactful and not damper the name of wp7 in the eyes of at&t reps anymore than needs to be done. I would suggest not even talking to at&t and going straight to HTC or Microsoft.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    12-03-2011 11:05 AM
    The quicker we contact HTC and AT&T about the numerous problems with the Titan the faster someone will get around to fixing them. Here is the list I sent. Hopefully I described the problems accurately.

Weak wifi antenna
    Audio pops during songs
    Vertical tile tearing
    Disappearing keyboard
    I haven't had any issues with WiFi signal strength.
    I HAVE had plenty of issues with it not reconnecting and having to do so manually.
    No problems with phone calls.
    No audio pops at all.
    Haven't run into the Bing search/music issue, but I'm sure it's there and they know about it.
    Slow 4G: CHECK. Noticed this on day 1, basically.
    No tile tearing.
    Almost never have the disappearing keyboard.
    No activity while 4G: YES. Had this today and it was infuriating.
    Haven't turned on SRS, but I'm sure mine does the same thing.
    12-03-2011 04:18 PM
    If everyone that bought a titan runs and tells at&t that it's a crappy phone, that's what they're going to think it is. They will then stop selling the phone to interested people and leading them to an android or iPhone.
    I understand that you're having problems with the phone. Just try to be tactful and not damper the name of wp7 in the eyes of at&t reps anymore than needs to be done. I would suggest not even talking to at&t and going straight to HTC or Microsoft.

Agreed. I think most of these issues are with the phone or the OS, and not anything AT&T can do anything about. I don't have the Titan, so I don't know about all the issues, but the disappearing keyboard seems to be a Mango issue, as it's happened with different phones on different networks, including older phones that updated to Mango (like my Focus). MS has been made aware of that issue, but I don't know of any progress with it.
    12-03-2011 04:23 PM

Not sure I agree. AT&T is selling this phone as 4g. They need to deliver on that. Per the AT&T tech support person I spoke with, the phones come preconfigured from HTC, but even if HTC has misconfigured the phones, it's in AT&Ts best interest to get this resolved.
    12-03-2011 05:34 PM
    US Titan version. I do not have any problems except dispearing act on keyboard.
    12-03-2011 05:53 PM
    Only thing I have seen is slower than expected 4g. Brothers 4S is getting significantly faster speeds.
    12-03-2011 07:59 PM
    Now that I think about it, the Atrix I had before was initially slower than advertised, but an update fixed it. Maybe this issue can be similarly corrected.
    velvetelvis likes this.
    12-03-2011 08:18 PM
    The only problem I have is that my thumb is to short.
    12-03-2011 08:59 PM
    I haven't had any of these problems. Is this stuff you guys all noticed out of the box, or did it take a while to start showing up?
    Dave Blake likes this.
    12-03-2011 09:14 PM
    I haven't had any of these problems. Is this stuff you guys all noticed out of the box, or did it take a while to start showing up?
    I notice these straight out of the box. Then again I've only had it for a few days so out of the box is relative.
    12-03-2011 10:18 PM
    These folks making me think about swapping it out for a Focus S. Sheesh.

Hopefully I won't experience those issues. I normally never do, unless it's something like battery life.
    Last edited by duvi; 12-04-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    12-04-2011 12:37 AM
    Are these issues only related to AT&T branded Titans?what about international Titans?
    12-04-2011 04:01 AM
    Are these issues only related to AT&T branded Titans?what about international Titans?
    I have the international version, and out of all the problems listed, I have only seen the bing audio one, sometimes there is a audio pop when zune is changing tracks, and I saw the tile tearing once, but just locked and unlocked my phone and I have never seen it again. It seems the AT&T models have a lot more problems than the international ones.
    12-04-2011 05:01 AM
    I have the international version, and out of all the problems listed, I have only seen the bing audio one, sometimes there is a audio pop when zune is changing tracks, and I saw the tile tearing once, but just locked and unlocked my phone and I have never seen it again. It seems the AT&T models have a lot more problems than the international ones.
    yeah,seems so!
    12-04-2011 05:25 AM

I am against this. Even if it's a product that I enjoy I will never pretend it doesn't have problems if it does.

I love my Xbox 360 and had one since day 1. It has been replaced 4 different times though. The first two generations of the Xbox 360 were horrible and broke often. As much as I wanted my friends to buy an Xbox 360 over the PS3 I still told them about it's downfalls. However the upsides of the 360 (in my opinion) are reason enough to get one, even back then when they were all breaking.
    12-04-2011 05:27 AM
    How about the others?which version are your Titans,AT&T or International?
    12-04-2011 05:40 AM

Weak wifi antenna
    Audio pops during songs
    Vertical tile tearing
    Disappearing keyboard
    WiFi: No issues here.
    Audio during phone calls: Never had an issue with that either.
    Audio popping: Haven't noticed it.
    Music distorts: Yes, if you're using the phone's speaker to listen to music, bringing up Bing changes the audio to using the phone's earpiece.
    Tile tearing: Haven't had that
    Disappearing keyboard: Common problem across all WP7.5 handsets (happened on my T-Mo DVP as well)
    4G issues: Yeah, definitely have that.
    I don't play much games and I disable all sound enhancements, so I don't notice it.

I'm quite sure it's AT&T's fault for the 4G network issues; the other problems are relatively minor and the rest are HTC's problems, with the exception of the disappearing keyboard, which is an OS issue. We need to conclusively test AT&T's HSPA+ Windows Phones vs. Android/iPhone. There needs to be a standard, high-quality test we can use across platforms that we can use to consistently reproduce results in order to prove this.
    12-04-2011 09:34 AM
    I was in Buy, Buy, Baby yesterday in Lombard, IL... western suburb and couldn't get a data connection for anything. I tried using the Amazon app but it just hung.

The most embarrassing part was when my wife and I were told we could taxt something and get a 20% off coupon. I couldn't connect using the resulting web link, she fired up our old TP2 on Verizon and got it. UGH!

This needs to be fixed or I'm giving up and going iPhone4s on Verizon, which would be monumental since I've been anti-Apple products (well since I got rid of my Apple II + in 1986... lol).

John
    12-04-2011 10:05 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD