Titan Bugs Report Thread [Updated 12/16/11]

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if the Titan has death grip problems.

Wifi connectivity on the table: 3-4 bars (and can see more available networks)

Wifi connectivity in my hand: 1-2 bars (some available networks disappear)

Try it out and see if you get similar results.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Im not seeing any WIFI issues on my Titan. I can even go outside of my house and I still have usable signal. I have tried holding my Titan different ways I dont see a signal drop. How are you holding your device when you see the signal drop.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My primary concern is network speed. I have already posted in the Linked thread (above). My speeds on wi-fi only are amazing (ranging from 11 to 18+ mbps down) On cellular, all below 2mbps down/ less than 1up; more often barely 1 down. This is big. And bad- for us for sure but also for the reputation of WP 7.5 phones. If the flagship device gets a bad reputation for being slow, WPOs is jacked. And that would stink for all of us. Are you listening, MS? HTC? ATT?
This.

But, we realistically can't expect ms, htc, or AT&T to be reading this forum. It's going to take effort and persistence to make sure that the severity of this issue gets to the right vendor and team.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the backlight one. I know it can adjust to be brighter (using a lamp doesn't work... You do not know how naturally and quickly your eyes adjust), however, it never seems to reach min brightness.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
While not a big issue, I do think that the auto-brightness is working quite right, or at least how I'd expect it to. Never seems to change much, if at all, whether in a dark room or bright sunlight.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Im not seeing any WIFI issues on my Titan. I can even go outside of my house and I still have usable signal. I have tried holding my Titan different ways I dont see a signal drop. How are you holding your device when you see the signal drop.

It seems like signal is the weakest when I'm holding it in my left hand.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Started a thread on this last week:

When I am listening to music and push the Bing search button (capacitive button) on my Titan. The audio converts to what seems to me as a mono non-stereo sound. Once I complete the search and have been take to the results page the audio returns to normal. Also hitting the back button out of the search returns the audio to normal. This happens with or without headphones.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Started a thread on this last week:

When I am listening to music and push the Bing search button (capacitive button) on my Titan. The audio converts to what seems to me as a mono non-stereo sound. Once I complete the search and have been take to the results page the audio returns to normal. Also hitting the back button out of the search returns the audio to normal. This happens with or without headphones.

This is a known issue not specific to the Titan this is a Windows Phone 7 issues. I would like to only include bugs that are Titan only bugs in this thread. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The wifi antenna isn't a bug but it's really starting to annoy me. We have a huge basement at work and to cover all the areas they setup 3 different wifi networks. My Focus can connect to all of them from just about anywhere in the basement. The Titan can't even find the network if I'm too far away. In fact, standing in the exact same spot, my Focus can connect just fine but it's a no go on the Titan. It's really frustrating to be in a spot where you're dependent on wifi and not be able to connect.

larzulu

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
1) I have noticed systems sounds (other then calling) seems to get disabled (sometimes) when the SRS is enabled. I.E. alarms, text sounds, htc flashlight clicking, etc

2) Random Rebooting (maybe tied) to the SRS having issues

bionicjive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My primary concern is network speed. I have already posted in the Linked thread (above). My speeds on wi-fi only are amazing (ranging from 11 to 18+ mbps down) On cellular, all below 2mbps down/ less than 1up; more often barely 1 down. This is big. And bad- for us for sure but also for the reputation of WP 7.5 phones. If the flagship device gets a bad reputation for being slow, WPOs is jacked. And that would stink for all of us. Are you listening, MS? HTC? ATT?

well I just wrote a long answer to this problem but got a network error once again on my titan. When I tried to send it. So ill post again tonight when I get home to my computer.
I will let everyone know what I found out basically from Htc themselves. They are have antenna issues with the Titan and yes they know about and they probably new about it before it went on sale. I have been on the phone extensively with them and At&t. As i said above i will explain i great detail my finding. But for those who are having issues related to signal Htc knows and I'm sure att knows about it i just have to speak to the right person and I'm sure I'll find out.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well I just wrote a long answer to this problem but got a network error once again on my titan. When I tried to send it. So ill post again tonight when I get home to my computer.

Wow, you can't beat that level of irony. Very interested in what you have learned, particularly if signal strength is a different issue from the ability to obtain proper HSPA category 10 downlink speeds.

bionicjive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you can't beat that level of irony. Very interested in what you have learned, particularly if signal strength is a different issue from the ability to obtain proper HSPA category 10 downlink speeds.

Originally Posted by bridgehead
I have exactly the same problem on the Rogers network in Ottawa.

I have an unlocked At&T version of the Titan, not the European version.
Rogers uses the same 850; 1900 frequencies.

The signal strength meter tells me I have a strong signal but I have no data connection.

Wifi and Bluetooth are off.
Airplane mode is off.

I've tried pulling the battery and a full reset, no joy.

I'll talk to Rogers tomorrow but since they don't carry the phone I doubt there's much they'll be able to do.

Am I missing anything or is this phone destined to be returned?

Ok I found my problem.

I didn't have the APN set correctly for my carrier [Rogers]

The solution is outlined below:

Have you checked with the APN?

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type:
APN Type: Internet

Not all the parameters listed above were available to me, but only the second line (in bold) was necessary:
APN: internet.com

After that, it all worked as advertised!

I hope this helps and I don't get in trouble by the moderator for copy and pasting from another wpcentral forum.
Anyway my apologies. But I followed the above steps and for now my phone is staying connected and burning downloads up with just one bar. Let me know what others find. I still that the average user shouldn't have to do this to get their phone running as advertised but for now it is working and working well
Peace all

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC also offers an app called Connection Setup that should automatically configure network settings for you.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue not specific to the Titan this is a Windows Phone 7 issues. I would like to only include bugs that are Titan only bugs in this thread. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Never happened on my Focus. Maybe it is specific to HTC Devices?

bionicjive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC also offers an app called Connection Setup that should automatically configure network settings for you.

I ran that app and it does not work as well as configuring the device yourself. When I use that app my phone seem to either not configure or only configure part of the phone so I was having problems with apps working while using the internet or text messaging not coming through but being able to use internet and visversa. So far configuring it myself has held signal with no drops or disconnects from anything. I'm still testing it though and running my phone through its courses. I us a lot of data on my unlimited plan:D

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I ran that app and it does not work as well as configuring the device yourself. When I use that app my phone seem to either not configure or only configure part of the phone so I was having problems with apps working while using the internet or text messaging not coming through but being able to use internet and visversa. So far configuring it myself has held signal with no drops or disconnects from anything. I'm still testing it though and running my phone through its courses. I us a lot of data on my unlimited plan:D

In your post above, are you saying that you went into settings > cellular > add apn and just typed internet.com in the Apn field, and your data connection is much faster? I tired this and I saw 0 impact.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will let everyone know what I found out basically from Htc themselves. They are have antenna issues with the Titan and yes they know about and they probably new about it before it went on sale. I have been on the phone extensively with them and At&t. As i said above i will explain i great detail my finding. But for those who are having issues related to signal Htc knows and I'm sure att knows about it i just have to speak to the right person and I'm sure I'll find out.

So? Out with it! :)

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
should i even try to switch phone on AT&T?
My wifi keep dropping, getting lost, not connecting. It has cost me a lot of data. I tried to look at the wifi bar whenever I wake up the phone, but if i am at home with a very strong wifi signal it should just work. sometimes I wait for 5+ seconds, sometimes i have to go to settings and select my wifi connection again. It's a little bit annoying.
I've seen the kb disappear every once in a while.
I have to speak loud on the phone so that i can be heard sometimes.
Browser and bing search dont work sometimes. I have to reset to get the browser to work again, it thinks there is no connection.
Bing search just freezes.

Please help, What should i do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb