Any Titan owners thinking about a Nokia device?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to know because the more I look at the 800, the more I want it. The front facing camera isn't the deciding factor for me... it's the rear camera. I wish someone would do some comparison between all the Mango released devices and their camera.

Also... how many of you are actually happy with your Titan, but feel you would be happier with a Nokia 7.5 device or the Titan was to hold you over until Nokia gets their act together and release one in the U.S. (or N.A.)?

Last edited:

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I am actually 100% satisfied with my Titan. I cannot seem to find any real issue with it.

I am looking forward to seeing what Nokia will do with their next WP7 device. The 800 just doesn't do it for me. I don't know that I would replace my Titan anytime soon though.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I look forward to future Nokia devices.

From what I've heard, the camera on the 800 isn't as good as you'd expect from Nokia. I think it's a result of the Lumia 800 being thrown together from an existing chassis. Not sure. But the N8 camera is superb.

I'm going to wait to see what WP8 devices Nokia comes out with. I'm happy with my Titan for now.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe later, though I've already grown to love the 4.7" of my Titan. I thought 4.3" was enough back with my Inspire, however, the Titan has already replaced my Nook Color for all effective use.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The tiny screen on the Lumia 800 is a deal breaker. After experiencing the Titans 4.7 display there is no way I would go any less smaller.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I only have till the 26th to decide if I want to keep the Titan or not and before I get rid of it I need some clarification on if and when Nokia is bringing this supposed Nokia 900 to the states. Unfortunately they probably won't announce anything until CES in January. Hopefully we'll get like a leaked picture or accidental tweet, something!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The tiny screen on the Lumia 800 is a deal breaker. After experiencing the Titans 4.7 display there is no way I would go any less smaller.

The 4.7" is beautiful, isn't it?

I really thought it might be too big. And that 4.3" would be the biggest I would go. But I decided to give the Titan a shot since so many people were raving about it.

And now my 4" Focus looks tiny!

I think I could go down to 4.3" if I had to. Maybe even back to 4" again if it was some kick butt Nokia that was nothing short of amazing. But under 4"? That would be tough.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Classic case of "I always want the next best thing".

Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge and stick with it - there's ALWAYS going to be new smartphone right around the corner.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Nokia's first wave of truly great flagship devices for the US, but until then I shall look forward to playing with my Titan when it arrives tomorrow (hopefully).

If a really awesome Nokia phone is released then I can always sell my Titan on eBay and put the money towards an off contract Nokia. I bet the Titan will still be holding its value in 6 months or so.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The 4.7" is beautiful, isn't it?

I really thought it might be too big. And that 4.3" would be the biggest I would go. But I decided to give the Titan a shot since so many people were raving about it.

And now my 4" Focus looks tiny!

I think I could go down to 4.3" if I had to. Maybe even back to 4" again if it was some kick butt Nokia that was nothing short of amazing. But under 4"? That would be tough.

I came from 3.7 Trophy, which looks downright microscopic next to Titan.

Size matters. Bigger is much better. Love the Titan.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I came from a 3.25" phone. That thing feels like a pager now. :D I doubt I could go back to anything under 4-4.3" again. I've wanted a big phone for a while.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
For me 4" is the absolute minimum, with 4.3"-4.5" being the sweet spot, and the Titan's 4.7" being the absolute maximum.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I came from a 3.25" phone. That thing feels like a pager now. :D I doubt I could go back to anything under 4-4.3" again. I've wanted a big phone for a while.

I can beat that. I came from a 2.8" Touch Pro. On the upshot, the Touch Pro had 285ppi (3 years ago!). But the Titan is higher res, and obviously, better in every way.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Classic case of "I always want the next best thing".

Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge and stick with it - there's ALWAYS going to be new smartphone right around the corner.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Nokia's first wave of truly great flagship devices for the US, but until then I shall look forward to playing with my Titan when it arrives tomorrow (hopefully).

If a really awesome Nokia phone is released then I can always sell my Titan on eBay and put the money towards an off contract Nokia. I bet the Titan will still be holding its value in 6 months or so.

For me, slow network speeds and spotty wifi performance is making me weary about keeping the Titan for a full two years. The wifi antenna just doesn't have the range of my Focus. There are times at work when I don't have a wireless signal and I need to hop on wifi to communicate with the rest of the staff (I spend a lot of time in the basement). Sometimes the Titan either won't connect or won't find a nearby router. Never had that problem with my Focus. My guess is that whatever Nokia comes out with will probably have a better wifi antenna than the Titan.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First off in keeping my Titan that said will look at any Nokia device that comes out that has a 4.3 or larger screen. I'm not totally against having 2 primary devices. ;)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
For me, slow network speeds and spotty wifi performance is making me weary about keeping the Titan for a full two years. The wifi antenna just doesn't have the range of my Focus. There are times at work when I don't have a wireless signal and I need to hop on wifi to communicate with the rest of the staff (I spend a lot of time in the basement). Sometimes the Titan either won't connect or won't find a nearby router. Never had that problem with my Focus. My guess is that whatever Nokia comes out with will probably have a better wifi antenna than the Titan.

Oh I hear you. I'm supposed to be getting the Titan today and currently own a Focus rev 1.3 which I LOVE! I'm getting very wary about the Titan reading about so many issues with it and I don't even have it yet!

I'm really hoping this phone trumps the Focus, if not I may well eBay it off contract and keep the money toward a Nokia phone when they come out.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
First off in keeping my Titan that said will look at any Nokia device that comes out that has a 4.3 or larger screen. I'm not totally against having 2 primary devices. ;)

If Nokia doesn't make a phone with a screen that is over 4", then I'm going to feel torn. Especially if their top end phone has an amazing camera and looks as beautiful as the Lumia.

The 4" screen on my Focus looks so small now. Especially for games.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh I hear you. I'm supposed to be getting the Titan today and currently own a Focus rev 1.3 which I LOVE! I'm getting very wary about the Titan reading about so many issues with it and I don't even have it yet!

I'm really hoping this phone trumps the Focus, if not I may well eBay it off contract and keep the money toward a Nokia phone when they come out.
Tell us about your TITAN when you get It,

Watcherseye

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think i forgot to hit send earlier, heh. I was originally going to wait for a Nokia device but couldn't stand Sprint's slow data speeds and my Android phones are about to get thrown against walls. So I bought a Titan for a .01. With that sort of investment, I will definitely be moving to a Nokia device sometime next year. ;-)

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the rumoured 4.3in device from Nokia, I couldn't switch to another 3.7in device (from the LG Optimus 7) so I didn't go for the Lumia 800; despite it looking fabulous.
Nokia have the build quality that I'm after so if they produce the Lumia 900 as a 4.3in device I'm in there.
With the Nokias it's nice to have a phone that's not just a converted Android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea