FFC far too dim. Needs software update.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Had some competitions last night at bar with friend who has a 4S. My flash photos of my Yuengling turned out much better than his. Then we looked at how our FFC worked in the dim light. His automatically brightened the output so you could very very easily make out his face. It was like he had a light shining on his face. Mine was useless. There were a few lights in the image but my face was very very very dark and almost impossible to make out. I turned to the rear camera and it was significantly brighter. Not nearly as bright as the 4S FFC still, but I could make out my face. The 4S rear camera also brightened the rear camera more so the image was brighter.

I think the ISO settings of the FFC need to be adjusted for low light situations. Works well enough in bright settings, but in dim light its worthless.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yuengling is the Oldest brewery in America. Was just brought to my city.

Digital cameras just need software to change how the exposure is calculated. Next time you are in a dim room, turn camera on then flip it to the FFC and you should see a pretty significant difference. I can see it adjust the brightness when I put it under my desk but not as much as the rear camera.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I did notice the FFC being really dark when I Tango's with my sister. I didn't realize that it could be helped with just a software update. That would be nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros