Let's talk about the Power Button...

What do you think of the Power Button on the Titan?

• Love it - No problems at all.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Like it - Works fine for me, can't complain.

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Dislike it - Not the worst ever, but it bugs me.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Hate it - Constantly having issues.

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
In my personal, completely biased opinion;

It's too soft, there's no satisfying click letting me know I've pushed it.
I really don't like it...

What do you think?

... Otherwise i love the phone, it's awesometastic with a side of rad sauce.

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I have to push the darn thing a couple of times before it activates. Even though it's nice that it doesn't stick out, I wish they chosen a better design for ease of usage.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate it... sometimes I fumble around and have to look at it. Maybe it's because i got used to the iPhone. Or maybe it's because it's neither on the edge nor the middle. It's 3/4 of the way to the right! Or maybe it's because the phone is too big that turning it on with one hand seems too much of a hassle.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I prefer a harder to press power button. The easy to press side button of the Focus S is an example of something I very much dislike. Others love it, so it really is personal.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be better if it was on the back slope of the edge. Right now if you want to push it using the hand that is holding the phone, your finger has to curve around and over the top of the phone, which is an unnatural movement.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I usually use my opposite hand to hit the power button. If it's laying on a table then I might use one hand.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be better if it was on the back slope of the edge. Right now if you want to push it using the hand that is holding the phone, your finger has to curve around and over the top of the phone, which is an unnatural movement.

I think this is 100% correct. Biggest problem for me is the camera button. Gripping with my left hand as usual my pinky uses the area where the camera button is for grip. This allows me to angle my finger over the top for the power button. I have to use my ring finger as the gripper so I do not turn the camera on. Ring finger grip gives me a little less articulation with my finger for the power button. If I grip right handed its a mess since my palm presses the camera button. So if the button was around the back more or on the ridge it would require less articulation and thus less grip.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The power button really bugs me. When I grab the phone in the dark and swipe my fingers across the edges to find the power button, I can't feel it. it has no profile at all.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I like the buttons... and it does take me multiple tries at times, but that's fine. It's better than taking my phone out of my pockets and seeing the screen was on or the camera was activated.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be at odds with everyone, I have no problems with the power button at all, i have learned it's design and can activate it perfectly now after only a few days of getting my Titan. :)

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i came from the SS Focus and the power button was on the side, so everytime i hit the side button on the Titan i get the volume: so im still getting use to the power button on the top and tryin to feel for the button

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the buttons... and it does take me multiple tries at times, but that's fine. It's better than taking my phone out of my pockets and seeing the screen was on or the camera was activated.

I totally agree. I'm sure that was part of the reason they're not sticking far out of the phone. I understand various hand and finger sizes effect usability though and I'm sure those folks thought the Titan might have catered to them in that respect.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a Bunyip hard case for my titan, and with the way the case forms to the phone it has made it much easier for me to find and press the power button. The case was under $10 shipped, and surprisingly good quality for the money. Worth a try!

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Get rid of the power button and put an iphone-type button in the bottom center. Would love that.

Also, put the charging port on the bottom of the phone by the mic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster