Am I the only one? fonts on HTC Titan are quite rough

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe people just aren't looking hard enough.

I've compared my Titan beside my Focus quite a bit, and the fonts on the Titan are definitely a LITTLE more pixel-y than the Focus. But honestly - if you hold the phone more than 5-10" away from your face, it's essentially unnoticeable.

And i'm pretty sure this is normal since I've compared it to my roommate's Titan.... unless we both got defective ones. =/

I guess I can't expect the titan's screen to be as crisp since it has a bigger screen with the same resolution. :(

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess I can't expect the titan's screen to be as crisp since it has a bigger screen with the same resolution. :(

I noticed the text resolution right away between my wife's Focus and my Titan. I was checking to make sure our calendar's were syncing, viewing the agenda page it was noticeable. I had the Titan on high brightness and the Focus on automatic, when I switched them to the same brightness the text became very close with a slight edge to the Focus.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the text resolution right away between my wife's Focus and my Titan. I was checking to make sure our calendar's were syncing, viewing the agenda page it was noticeable. I had the Titan on high brightness and the Focus on automatic, when I switched them to the same brightness the text became very close with a slight edge to the Focus.

If only Titan came with a 720p screen. :O

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I do, however, I'm comparing to my iPhone 4S (yeah.... I'm really stupid :( :(, wanted a boosted iPod touch, lol); vs my old Focus, Pentile RGBG + subpixel rendering made the screen appear muddy, though my Titan appeared "sharp and blocky" by comparison.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Are they noticeable? Yeah, definately. Do they affect normal use, or do they bother me? No. The iPhone 3GS I had a while ago, and the iPhone 1G I had up until very recently, both had lower PPI, and it never bothered me then.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Are they noticeable? Yeah, definately. Do they affect normal use, or do they bother me? No. The iPhone 3GS I had a while ago, and the iPhone 1G I had up until very recently, both had lower PPI, and it never bothered me then.

Do you think text also seems blurry due to pixelation?(some parts of letters)

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you think text also seems blurry due to pixelation?(some parts of letters)

I think it looks pixelated and blocky. I'd venture the result could be described as blurry, as a result of the (what appears to be) slight amont of AA applied to the main screen text. Web browser, it's all fine until I try to scroll, then it really does get blurry (something I have noticed in about every cell phone I have/had).

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it. You can only make a display of the Windows Phone resolution so big before you start really noticing the pixels. This is why I fully plan on buying an Apollo device (assuming MS really ups screen resolution with Apollo).

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it. You can only make a display of the Windows Phone resolution so big before you start really noticing the pixels. This is why I fully plan on buying an Apollo device (assuming MS really ups screen resolution with Apollo).

I also heard that Nokia lumia 900 will come with a high res display. I am not sure tho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6