Am I the only one? fonts on HTC Titan are quite rough

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
who notices that fonts on HTC Titan are quite rough and even a bit pixelated?

I am comparing my HTC Titan with my old Samsung focus. The letters on the focus are much smoother and rounder.

I know the titan has a bigger display with same resolution but this is bugging me a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fine. My only comparison is the Trophy, but I haven't lined them up side-by-side. I like what I see when I look @ Titan... less interested in doing a lot of side-by-sides. My anti-glare screen protector makes the otherwise gorgeous display a bit cloudy... yet for me, that is a necessary evil.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I have a defective screen? I hate to even think about it.

Anyways, windows phone OS looks much more polished on my focus.

The titan is still the better phone but the screen is bothering me.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds as if something isn't quite right propeller10. My Titan fonts are every bit as sharp as my Omnia 7 which is of course the same phone as the Focus.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
if you're zoomed out on a web page, yes its not as sharp as other displays with higher resolution. If you zoom in text is sharp and crystal clear. That's just the way it is.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Sounds as if something isn't quite right propeller10. My Titan fonts are every bit as sharp as my Omnia 7 which is of course the same phone as the Focus.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
I think I should compare with another titan before making any major decisions. The fonts just don't look right. :(

Other than that, the phone is wonderful.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
if you're zoomed out on a web page, yes its not as sharp as other displays with higher resolution. If you zoom in text is sharp and crystal clear. That's just the way it is.

Well I am talking about the fonts on main screen. For example, I have settings pinned to my main screen. The letters don't look sharp and crisp.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the settings tile pinned too and no sign of any roughness. Just looks the same as my Omnia did. All the tile texts look fine, im using the blue theme if that makes any difference.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I am using the blue theme as well. I will get this checked at an ATT store soon.

BTW do you have taptitude installed on your phone by anychance?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It looks fine to me, but the fonts aren't as clear as on the tiles, I tried to perform a scan on my flatbed scanner but that was a disaster sorry LOL

I can even read the tiny shape ninja text fine.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It looks fine to me, but the fonts aren't as clear as on the tiles, I tried to perform a scan on my flatbed scanner but that was a disaster sorry LOL

I can even read the tiny shape ninja text fine.

Yeah the fonts seem to be worse. Maybe it has something to do with the game. WP is supposed to look polished and it doesn't on my titan. :( I will probably need a replacement.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, sorry that my scan didn't work, but hope you can get it sorted out and compared to another Titan soon.

Off back to bed now for me, enjoy the rest of your night propeller10. :)

FrankieA

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe people just aren't looking hard enough.

I've compared my Titan beside my Focus quite a bit, and the fonts on the Titan are definitely a LITTLE more pixel-y than the Focus. But honestly - if you hold the phone more than 5-10" away from your face, it's essentially unnoticeable.

And i'm pretty sure this is normal since I've compared it to my roommate's Titan.... unless we both got defective ones. =/

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll jump in here and agree, the screen is not quite as crisp as the focus, and certainly not as crisp as the focus s. Why that second point is I'm not sure, as the focus s is a bit bigger than the focus, but to me it is. I think the reason some people see it and some don't is that your eyes have become adjusted to seeing the focus screen. I know, for me, after using the focus for almost a year, and the focus s for three weeks, there is a difference.

That said, I'd still get your phone checked out. It shouldn't be as bad as you are describing...

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll jump in here and agree, the screen is not quite as crisp as the focus, and certainly not as crisp as the focus s. Why that second point is I'm not sure, as the focus s is a bit bigger than the focus, but to me it is. I think the reason some people see it and some don't is that your eyes have become adjusted to seeing the focus screen. I know, for me, after using the focus for almost a year, and the focus s for three weeks, there is a difference.

That said, I'd still get your phone checked out. It shouldn't be as bad as you are describing...

That could be it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium