Call Voice quality issues

Are you having in Call Voice Quality issue with your Titan?

• Yes

Votes: 76 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 38.2%

• Total voters

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Some are reporting they are having issues with people hearing them on a call. I want to do a quick poll. It seams that when on a call the person receiving the call says that the caller on the Titan sounds muffled or like they are "in a box". I have not experienced this on my Titan but to be honest I use a bluetooth most of the time. I did go without it today I didn't receive any complaints from anyone and on a few calls I even asked the person I was talking to how do I sound. Everyone please take the poll and keep in mind that some cases are suspected of causing this issue so please test without a case on your Titan.

Chazz

May 14, 2011
Visit site
No complaints, my sister jacked my plantronics bluetooth so I've been using the handset exclusively. It's crystal clear for everyone.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Some are reporting they are having issues with people hearing them on a call. I want to do a quick poll. It seams that when on a call the person receiving the call says that the caller on the Titan sounds muffled or like they are "in a box". I have not experienced this on my Titan but to be honest I use a bluetooth most of the time. I did go without it today I didn't receive any complaints from anyone and on a few calls I even asked the person I was talking to how do I sound. Everyone please take the poll and keep in mind that some cases are suspected of causing this issue so please test without a case on your Titan.
I use the speakerphone a lot and people can not hear me clearly when I am speaking right into the mic.

planetbrian411

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes Two Titans

Yes, both our Titans have this issue. We do not have cases on ours, nor do we have any third party apps installed. These are straight out of the box with a hard reset done before activation. Everyone that both of us have talked to says that it sounds "terrible, muffled, barely sounds like you, in a box, is your hand covering the microphone".

We are going up to the ATT store for replacements and if this does not work then we are switching back to our Arrives on Sprint.

Did they not test these before release to public? I mean it is a phone and first and foremost it should have a good sounding speaker, microphone and make calls without issue.

We should not have to be beta testers for QC and design implementation.

planetbrian411

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I just called my wife from my Titan from the bedroom to her Titan while she was in the kitchen and while making this test call the tea pot started whistling right next to her and I could not hear it over the phone. On the HTC Arrive and other previous phones you could hear everything near by.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had anyone specifically complain but I do get the idea that maybe they can't hear me perfectly, requiring me to repeat myself a few times. But I don't really have enough experience to vote on this yet. It hasn't been a huge issue, which is good. But I don't doubt that something is up in general, and I hope it's just something that can be tweaked in firmware, like over-aggresive background noise filtering, that also filters your voice!

chuchnit

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Tons of complaints here to the point that I must switch. I was told twice this week by my boss that I needed to take my phone back so he can understand me. :mad:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally got a chance to test it out myself and I can definitely say that my Titan sounds muffled. I switched phones with the misses and had her talk to me. While I could still understand her fine she sounded muffled. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade, however, if it can then I hope MS is working on it and not HTC.

aroncull

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely having issues with my titan. Every call, every time. Speaker phone or not the voice is muffled and people say I sound like I am talking into a box or not speaking into the phone at all. I called it and my wife sounded as reported. Bad. Love everything else about the titan besides a few bugs. Sad to consider returning the phone. I really wanted to getaway from the Samsung plasticy build quality. I was super happy to ditch my Samsung focus. I have 20 days or so to get this figured out...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
No one's moaned at me either so far, or asked me to repeat anything, so I'm guessing everything is hunky dory here. :)

So you got enough pennies tograb the Titan Wee Bear Thats great!! Living large Give us a report on your experience when you get a chance.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely having issues with my titan. Every call, every time. Speaker phone or not the voice is muffled and people say I sound like I am talking into a box or not speaking into the phone at all. I called it and my wife sounded as reported. Bad. Love everything else about the titan besides a few bugs. Sad to consider returning the phone. I really wanted to getaway from the Samsung plasticy build quality. I was super happy to ditch my Samsung focus. I have 20 days or so to get this figured out...

Have you pulled the back off or otherwise tried checking the speaker maybe there's lint or something from the factory covering the speaker. It may be a longshot but its worth a try if you can get to it.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The overly muddled sound may be fixable in firmware, but not the noise caused by the case itself. I just posted about this in its own thread. But, basically, the microphone is not isolated from the case in any way. Slightly moving your hands while talking to someone causes very loud static-like noises. Install a free voice recording app and check it out for yourselves, it's VERY BAD.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I was able to keep signal without the back cover on and made a few more calls to my voicemail and checked the voice quality while speaking directly into the mic....

THey were MUCH better than any of my previous calls have been. Don't know what to say. Something is up with the way the MIC is in the case of the phone or there is some other interference from it. It was not muffles like my previous attempts.

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
For everybody who having problem with microphone.. I just spoke to HTC Hardware Department. They even not aware of this problem. Please call them and let them know. So at lease they will add this to the known issue list. Their phone # is: (866) 449-8358

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte