Call Voice quality issues

Are you having in Call Voice Quality issue with your Titan?

• Yes

Votes: 76 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 38.2%

• Total voters

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
(NOTE: This comment is for airsmith81 - not a solution for everyone that has big issues with call quality - I have said that in my opinion only an exchange will solve major problems unless HTC releases an update/new back)

If you find you are laying down at home when the problem occurs try turning off the "Flip for speaker" option under the attentive phone settings. I found the couple of times I got comments with my new phone were when I was laying down at home. Turned off the setting and haven't had another complaint. Interested in seeing if this works for others too.

I'll will try it out when I get off work today and let you know. Thanks for the input

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are having these call quality issues. I was happy to hear that we weren't the only ones. I'll monitor this forum to see if there are any suggestions.

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just went through this issue with HTC support and we did a soft and hard reset. We had reproduced the issue after the soft reset. After the hard reset, everything was OK. I'm still thinking I'll go replace the unit at Best Buy though.

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with HTC support at (866) 449-8358 and they said that they are looking into this issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update. They didn't even admit there was a problem, other than "they are looking into it". The update will be out "hopefully soon".

This after I exchanged both of my phones at Best Buy, did a hard reset of the phone out of the box, then reproduced the issue on the first phone call with the Titan.

artzznyzz

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Attention - HTC, MS, AT&T :

Suggest that you start with the 'spot - on' comments of Slitching & Rocket_Girl in this and other threads re sound quality & numerous other Titan problems.

You have a dedicated cadre of enthusiasts on WPCentral, XDA Developers, and other sites. Monitoring these sites could provide an effecient means to identify (and even help resolve) issues that slip through your own internal and beta testing.

(On a side note, it would be helpful if you gave some extended beta testing a higher priority than absolute secrecy.)

Quality control should be an ongoing processes. QC does not stop when you 'release' a product to the next stage in the designer to developer to manufacturer to carrier to consumer chain. Talk to each other. We sugget you work together, rather than merely assign blame to someone else (HTC, MS, AT&T or the end user.)

With all best wishes,
(for what may well be easy fixes),
Artzznyzz

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
pics not showing in IE nor Chrome

This may be a silly question since neither of us have a 'bad' backplate in hand now: first thing I noticed was the date...whick looks to be either a mfg date for the backplate or a build date for the phone. I do not remember seeing this on any of my three TITANS. Since it was the very first thing I noticed in your photo, I wonder if this could be I've very simple way to distinguish good from bad (problem vs. post-problem)?

---If some have dates and others do not --> answer.

---If all have dates, figure out which among them are the affected dates (or lot numbers), and embark on mass replacement of backplates for anyone who actually kept their TITAN.

Granted this deals only with the voice-quality issue...and there are many others...but just a thought.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So, when you guys look through the hole in the back plate, can you see perfectly through it? Mine is an unobstructed view right through the insulation. Do you guys think that insulation does anything? I am thinking of removing it. I had my wife call me from a land line in our house while I was in the house. I took the land line to the other room while she was talking. Kids were loud in the background and I had no trouble hearing anyone. The call quality did sound a little low like there was not much high pitch being transmitted, but nothing horrible at all. So when she talked, or when the kids in the background talked, or when both were talking, I heard every word with no changes in volume or anything. I will assume that I do not have a bad TITAN then and I can go about my day? Think I should go to ATT and switch out anyway? Or maybe I just go in and try another unit and if its no better just be glad I got a good one?

I snapped a pic of the insulation in my case. Amazed at the macro quality of this phone. It can zoom very very close. I wish it was easier to set what I want in focus though. Even when I picked the insulation area with my finger it seemed to change its focus. When it went through its focus range it did not settle on what appeared to be the crispest focus range.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This may be a silly question since neither of us have a 'bad' backplate in hand now: first thing I noticed was the date...whick looks to be either a mfg date for the backplate or a build date for the phone. I do not remember seeing this on any of my three TITANS. Since it was the very first thing I noticed in your photo, I wonder if this could be I've very simple way to distinguish good from bad (problem vs. post-problem)?

---If all have dates, figure out which among them are the affected dates (or lot numbers), and embark on mass replacement of backplates for anyone who actually kept their TITAN.

Granted this deals only with the voice-quality issue...and there are many others...but just a thought.

the text came out a lot better in his photos than it is in real life. You can barely make out the black text on the case on mine.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

the white numbers on mine are the same, the black numbers both end in lower digits

US -0909 SL. 11.09.17,

could it be that simple?

Last edited:

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
C-111128-B01
1125A

WNC-US-0919
SL.11.10.03

My third Titan. Mic seemed better the first few days, getting a lot worse now. I love this phone, but it isnt working as a phone

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Titan 2 in the house I have tested with multiple phone calls to friends on different phones on different networks. No complaints everyone says I sound good Crystal clear that is with my Case Mate case on and off. Just thought I would give everyone the heads up there are good devices out there if you are having call quality issues I would recommend you exchange it. I have now gotten 2 devices with no call quality issues. Try to go to a different location than where you got your original device. M2C

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
K. they had another titan when i went in but looked the same to me. I didn't bother setting it up or getting it because i only have until Monday to return again and that mall was a friggin madhouse... Monday will be no better so I just didn't feel like dealing with it anymore but tested the demo unit and muffled as well.

Gave it up and got another focus S. Sad to see you go my Giant friend. *shed tear*

Well it was nice trying to solve this issue with some of you but I will be over in the ghost town now AKA focus S forum :p If I keep reading here and issue is resolved i'll kick myself in the butt.

thanks! :cool:

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
K. they had another titan when i went in but looked the same to me. I didn't bother setting it up or getting it because i only have until Monday to return again and that mall was a friggin madhouse... Monday will be no better so I just didn't feel like dealing with it anymore but tested the demo unit and muffled as well.

Gave it up and got another focus S. Sad to see you go my Giant friend. *shed tear*

Well it was nice trying to solve this issue with some of you but I will be over in the ghost town now AKA focus S forum :p If I keep reading here and issue is resolved i'll kick myself in the butt.

thanks! :cool:

Ah, I will be there in the ghost town forum as well. Ghost town forum has one upside: either fewer people are having problems...or their glitches are so minor that they don't bother to post them...or the bugs have been/are being worked out.

Besides, we cab still lurk over here to keep up with what's up! Nice to have some company over in Samsung-land!

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Titan 2 in the house I have tested with multiple phone calls to friends on different phones on different networks. No complaints everyone says I sound good Crystal clear that is with my Case Mate case on and off. Just thought I would give everyone the heads up there are good devices out there if you are having call quality issues I would recommend you exchange it. I have now gotten 2 devices with no call quality issues. Try to go to a different location than where you got your original device. M2C

You're still taking case-mate on and off? You're braver than I am...I would never remove it if I'd lost one the way you did

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss