Votes: 40 51.9%
  • As good as it should be

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Some are saying that they are having issues with poor WIFI reception. Im taking a poll. This is not concerning the sleep disconnect issue/ feature. My question is in regards to WIFI signal is your WIFI signal weaker than expected or about what you expect it should be.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My wi-fi is blazing fast - up to 18 mbps. Cellular data, however, hovers around 1.0. We are still 3G service area no 4G yet, so i can only hope that will ultimately improve.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
And to clarify, speed isn't the issue, it's range. Standing in the exact same spot my Focus can get 4 bars and the Titan will only get 2 bars.

Edit:

I will also like to add time it takes to connect. My Focus will connect to my router before I can slide the unlock screen up. I've seen the Titan take nearly 10 seconds.

Last edited:

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
While my signal strength isn't an issue, I've noticed one main problem in that my Titan takes a while to connect to a known network.

I'll force it a few times and it'll keep saying it can't connect. And then after a minute or two it does it itself. However, other times I guess it just assumes it can't connect and won't try again until I force it.

It is quite annoying.

Embiggens

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely having this issue. My office is in the corner of my workplace so signal is not super-strong. While my colleagues with iphones have no issues with wifi signal, I am constantly dropping. Very frustrating.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
While my signal strength isn't an issue, I've noticed one main problem in that my Titan takes a while to connect to a known network.

I'll force it a few times and it'll keep saying it can't connect. And then after a minute or two it does it itself. However, other times I guess it just assumes it can't connect and won't try again until I force it.

It is quite annoying.

Yes, I get this issue too.

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I am on Tmobile and have a different device for cellular, however I use my Titan to develop apps with and rely heavily on the wifi. I have not noticed any issues with the wifi yet.

Added:
Looking at the forum posts so far it seems that mostly people in the US are having issues. Is this really AT&T throttling?

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My Titan will connect to networks on WiFi, but there is no internet access. I have to disable WiFi and re-enable it to get access. This is totally a software bug, in my opinion.

ekettwig

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Focus and have not noticed any differences, I will do some side by side comparisons when I get home tonight but if there is a difference I haven't noticed it in the month I have been using the Titan.

Lancelot Software

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is a side by side wifi test i just ran with my titan and my laptop. the result on the bottom right is my laptop's

wifi.jpg

athix

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No speed problems that I can notice, actually seems faster than my focus. But when my wife browses the internet on TITAN she says she get 'page not found' and streaming music just stops. I think it might be dropping the wifi. While some of the problem could be our home wifi, I've never had any problems with my focus. I tried her phone for a few days it always worked fine for me, so I guess I'm split on this.

lilwan11

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi works just fine, it connects to known networks quickly and without issue. My wife has not had any problems either. Its hard to imagine this device being any better actually. Well built, fast, and ergonomically comfortable. 10 out of 10!

thomasw80

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Wifi and Data together a no go

The WiFi and Data running at the same time cause the Titian WiFi to not work very well if at all. As soon as I shutdown the data connection the WiFi is just fine. It's as if the route out can't find the way back. If there is no WiFi single and I have both turned on then the data signal works just fine. Connect to a WiFi single and everything slows or completely stops. Tune of the Data and WiFi runs just fine.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with wifi taking a while to connect? On my Focus wifi connects the second I hit the power button. It varies on my Titan. Sometimes it's instant. Other times it takes like 5-10 seconds.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My main issue is the death grip. It's kinda odd though. At my friends house if I hold my titan it chokes the WiFi connection and it struggles to play a video, download an app or load a web page. At home I have no death grip issue with my WiFi. It's very strange. Anyone know why that would be the case ? Maybe two different WiFi set ups?

Another weird thing is my titan will only pick up one signal from my dual band router. My old focus s would pick up both. That is 2.4 and 5Ghz. The Titan would only get a signal from the 2.4. Anyone know why ?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb