Positive Comments Only!!!!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Battery Charging Myths - Android Forums

More
DO NOT let your Lithium Ion battery drain to zero. This will only deteriorate the battery's life cycle. Lithium Ion batteries should never be "deep cycled." This is a concept left over from old Nickel Cadmium batteries, but does not apply to Lithium Ion batteries. Draining your LiIon battery to 0 before you recharge to preserve the battery's life cycle is a myth. Read more about the chemistry behind the two battery technologies here:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

" Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.)"

...And there's more from wikipedia:

"Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries should be charged early and often. However, if they are not used for a long time, they should be brought to a charge level of around 40% - 60%. Lithium-ion batteries should never be "deep-cycled" like Ni-Cd batteries.[7]

Lithium-ion batteries should never be depleted to below their minimum voltage, 2.4v to 3.0v."

...And finally, from Apple's own website:

"Lithium-ion batteries pack in a higher power density than nickel-based batteries. This gives you a longer battery life in a lighter package, as lithium is the lightest metal. You can also recharge a lithium-ion battery whenever convenient, without the full charge or discharge cycle necessary to keep nickel-based batteries at peak performance. (Over time, crystals build up in nickel-based batteries and prevent you from charging them completely, necessitating an inconvenient full discharge.)"

https://www.apple.com/batteries/#mn_p

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It actually doesn't matter power5. It's best to fully drain it the first few times to calibrate the battery.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the Myths post, but clearly it doesn't make a bit of difference if my last year is anything to go by. :)

Old habits die hard (or never) power5 :D

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the battery... Does it matter what sort of USB is used to charge the phone? Like cheap versus the one that came with it?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the Myths post, but clearly it doesn't make a bit of difference if my last year is anything to go by. :)

I agree. Great absolutely perfectly awesomely wonderful non iPhone BS thing about our wonderful Titans is that it can be replaced if we do FUBAR them. :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the battery... Does it matter what sort of USB is used to charge the phone? Like cheap versus the one that came with it?

I use my wifes BB charger at home. Its just a cord. Software in the phone keeps it from overcharging. So any old cord you want will work.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

The fully drain thing is a myth... lol. But one thing for sure is, not letting it sit at 100% all day is a positive.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I like the fact that I can actually read the text on my Titan. I dont even have to take my glasses of because the text is finally large enough for me to read comfortably

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
More positive TITAN experiences!!

Thanks Power5 .

Very helpful information.

Im sure there are more likes about our great Titan.I forgot to mention Zune. I love the ability to add playlist.

Have you guys tried the " Smart DJ" option. It's great and really works .

Last edited:

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I like the fact that I can actually read the text on my Titan. I dont even have to take my glasses of because the text is finally large enough for me to read comfortably
I know Big D . I feel you on the vision tip. I wear contacts and Glasses (Not at the same time) lol

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Power5 .

Very helpful information.

Im sure there is more likes about out great Titan.I forgot to mention Zune. I love the ability to add playlist.

Have you guys tried the ' Smart DJ" option. Its great and really works .

It works even better if you find a band via the Marketplace as opposed to the Zune app.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. Can hardly imagine going back to a smaller screen...even if it means living with at&t signal issues. Gosh, I love his phone...

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Received my Titan yesterday, and it's my first smartphone. I must say that typing on the virtual keyboard is a lot easier than I imagined possible since my thumbnails (all nails, really) extend over a centimeter past the tip.

I'm certain that I will have more positive experiences, but I have not played with it much as of now.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Watching Video and Bluetooth Stereo

The Screen is great for watching Videos and for the 1st time I'm able to hear video sound through my Bluetooth Headset( Jabra)

Its nothing like descreetly watching and hearing video in privacy.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The larger screen makes Bing Maps much more enjoyable. I was going to test out Turn-By-Turn but the trial version limits you to 12 miles. I decided to use Bing Maps instead because I haven't used it on my Titan yet. Not only did it work flawlessly but the larger map image made it easy to anticipate turns.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I always prefer my battery totally drained before a recharge, I've always done that. :)

Done that all the time on my Omnia 7 too. Why shouldn't you drain the battery power5 ?

My battery on the Omnia is fine after a year totally draining it before a charge.

That's good only for Ni-cad batteries. Not lithium ion. You are actually doing your battery a discredit by doing that.

Back to the subject of the thread though -

I agree with everything the OP said - those are all wonderful things about the titan!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's good only for Ni-cad batteries. Not lithium ion. You are actually doing your battery a discredit by doing that.
So going by what you said there, shouldn't my Omnia 7 battery have been performing very poory after 13 months of doing that ? What discredit did it do ?

It was only a fraction poorer than when i first got it, (as expected) so it certainly didn't affect my battery at all.

Just saying. :)

(I'm doing exactly the same with my Titan) :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven