Audio through bluetooth

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange setup and I'm worried that it isn't supported by WP7. I have a Bluetooth unit in my car which pairs with the phone the same as a regular headset. With my previous phone (WM6.5) I can turn on BT, then open the audio gateway and it will send all system sounds through the BT pairing. I use it for podcasts, as I don't mind the decreased sound quality.

Is there any way to force audio output via BT on WP7? An app? This isn't A2DP, and I suspect that MS just doesn't support "power user" options that normal people wouldn't need. But it means that I will need to wire in an aux-in to this car for podcasts. On the up side, then I'll have music, too...

godashram

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
What Bluetooth unit do you have? Since I'm not home I can't try with the titan, but it worked fine with my quantum in my car (alpine stereo and by module). I have streamed music, calls, and games with no trouble.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
That does not sound to promising. I guess it depends on what your bluetooth setup declares itself to be. Most in car bluetooth systems would probably only work a certain way. Mine for example only works with Handsfree options, Incoming texts and Voicecalls.

One of the things I like about the WP is the lack of tinkering which basically means I suspect this will not be an option.

Would be interesting to hear if others have made this work with a standard untinkerd phone. My USB Aux in the car is in the glove box which is a stupid location. I would much prefer it if I could stream.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The module is a Galaxy 1000 which plugs into my OnStar harness, giving me semi-native BT where I previously had OnStar. It is mono and pairs just like a headset, so I bet it will work for calls only. I was just wondering if there was something I could do to get ALL audio to route through it (like audio gateway on WM6.5).

Wiring in aux means going through the XM input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99