Broke camera button already !

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
A week or so old and already broke the damned button...I do have insurance..worth a call to AT&T or a store visit to get it fixed/replaced ?????

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
A week or so old and already broke the damned button...I do have insurance..worth a call to AT&T or a store visit to get it fixed/replaced ?????

I am sorry to hear that. And yes, get it replaced. I would call ATT first though. They will probably give you a new titan.

Last edited:

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Going to call them in the morning.... I was in NYC over the weekend, frozen to the bone and went to push the button and nothing ! Feels like nothing behind the button now...

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Going to call them in the morning.... I was in NYC over the weekend, frozen to the bone and went to push the button and nothing ! Feels like nothing behind the button now...

Mine broke after pulling the phone out of the clamshell and reseating. I think it The spring bridge behind the button can come loose, so be carefull when inserting the guts back into the body.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine broke after pulling the phone out of the clamshell and reseating. I think it The spring bridge behind the button can come loose, so be carefull when inserting the guts back into the body.

Thanks for the heads up. I know that when it gets warmer I will be taking a lot of pictures outside.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I also had the problem with a camera button that was totally flush with the case and thus almost impossible to press. Based on this thread, I returned to the AT&T store where they proceded to tell me that they knew nothing of this kind of problem. Regardless, I asked to see another Titan and we played around a bit with their floor model. We swapped shells between their unit and mine. When we wee done, I noticed that my camera button was fine again. It still is after four days.

I no longer believe in the "missing spring" hypothesis. Instead, I think that either the switch (in the guts of the phone) or the button cover (in the shell of the phone) isn't in the right place after one or more bad seatings of the guts into the shell.

I recommend that folks with flush camera buttons take the phone out of its shell, press the camera button a few times with a pen or other pointy object and then do the same with the button cover in the shell (pushing it outward from the inside of the case). Carefully reseat the phone in the shell and see what you get.

If anyone else here can "fix" their phones this way, the problem doesn't require getting a nw device, reinstalling the apps, etc.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If the problem is just that the button is not extending out from the case (i.e., is flush with the metal), this may be fixable by you. I had the problem, went to the AT&T store, and while the rep and I where touching th inside of the case and the part of the phone where the button is, we did something that made the button pop back out once the phone was back in the case. I'd try taking the cover off, applying some pressure to the button from the outside and then inside of the case, applying some pressure to the button mechanism on the phone, and then carefully putting the cover on again. Good luck.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Did a battery pull on my phone last week and after reassembling, the power button wouldn't move. Got the phone to turn on by pressing hard but knew it was not right. Opened the case again and moved the button back and forth a few times. Reassembled and all is ok.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

DenXD

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
If the problem is just that the button is not extending out from the case (i.e., is flush with the metal), this may be fixable by you. I had the problem, went to the AT&T store, and while the rep and I where touching th inside of the case and the part of the phone where the button is, we did something that made the button pop back out once the phone was back in the case. I'd try taking the cover off, applying some pressure to the button from the outside and then inside of the case, applying some pressure to the button mechanism on the phone, and then carefully putting the cover on again. Good luck.

I have no button on my phone at the camera? I'll post a picture tonight when I'm home.

mrbudgie1982

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Just had mine break as button wouldn't work so took case off a little tiny piece plastic fell out and few really small shards from internal button is there any quick fixes as its not esential as just tap screen to take pic

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually dislike the hardware camera button. Too often I accidentally launch the camera. In fact, the overly sensitive camera button is the biggest reason I didn't get a Focus S. I'm hoping the camera button on my Titan breaks so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
despite what every one seems to THINK! allot of people thinking HTC makes good reliable phones, LOL pssh )

HTC has horrible hardware, so far every single HTC phone has had complaints regarding hardware buttons ( camera , power ect..)

sure its made of metal buts its cheap, it might feel durable, but its not

Samsung is made of plastic but its durable..the plastic gives it a cheap feel but its not..

riddle me that. LOL!

ah well

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am satisfied with the build quality of my Titan. Had it since late November. Layed on it once. In use it feels high quality. I tried to convince myself to like the Focus S when it first came out but despite your arguments, it still felt too light, too cheap. I also much prefer the screen of the Titan. SAMOLED+ does have deeper blacks but the saturation is way off, and the blue tint on white drove me nuts. I also don't think in use it is any more power efficient than a modern LCD, maybe less.

It also may very well be more durable than the Titan. But I don't think the Titan is bad, at all. Not sure what's going on with the button stuff.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon