I have my new AT&T Titan

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone yesterday. This is my first impressions.
First thing I did was to charge the phone up. I didn't start any process on the phone and I didnt put the Sim card in yet. I let it charge and in like 4 hours it was fully charged.
I got my phone though Amazon Wireless and I dont know why they shipped an invalid sim card because when I try to use it is appears on display as invalid. I got the phone as an upgrade to my existing phone which was a Nokia 5800. Anyway, I put the Sim card from my Nokia in right away and it worked right away.
Observations on the phone itself....
It took me a little while to master the menus. How to get to setup, setup my email accounts. I could not get my contacts over from my Nokia Phone so luckly I had my contacts on Google and just using those as my contacts. I really didn't want to be logged into my Hotmail account but you need one to be able to download Apps and other stuff. I set myself as hidden on Hotmail and I filtered out contacts from there too.
Display looks pretty good to me. Phone feels nice holding it. With regard to call quality it seems like in my initial tests landlines sound much better than cell phone voice. I'm going to know I guess when someone is on a Cell phone.
I didn't get a chance to test phone voice quality extensively.
I did feel like the touch screen might be to sensitive. Sometimes holding the phone at the edges causes the screen to manipulate. I am like how did I get there why is that showing...
I not sure which bandwidth application to use to test bandwidth with. Can't do any flash or Java on this phone Windows media Player and Silverlight are missing. I can't find any way to play any streaming media on this phone that uses Windows media and this is a windows phone...ha!
I have to find a decent screen protector and a belt case for this phone.
I applied for that $25 credit for Applications that Microsoft has.
Battery life is to early to tell but I was on the phone almost continuously for 5 hours and the battery life went to like half way from a full charge.
I like that the SAR rating is much much lower than my Nokia 5800. Less chance for a brain tumor, haha. That is all for now. Comments welcome.

Last edited:

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhhh the temptation to use my upgrade!!! I want this beast
Mark it is a sweet phone. Love the name too. I have a netflix account maybe I should try that out since it seems that is the only streaming you can get on the phone besides the other HTC movie thingy. I dont understand why there is no windows media player and silverlight on this phone.
One other thing I noticed it that it very easy to adjust the volume rocker control. I caught myself touch the control adjusting the ringer volume when I didn't want to.
I guess it a matter of getting use to it. The Volume control was at the same location my Nokia but it was little bit harder to adjust.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. How's the size in and out of the pocket? Easy to get out? I know the size kinda looks funny in a pair of jeans. I'm not a belt clip type person. Also, there's no expandable memory slot? How does one get cool ringtones?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. How's the size in and out of the pocket? Easy to get out? I know the size kinda looks funny in a pair of jeans. I'm not a belt clip type person. Also, there's no expandable memory slot? How does one get cool ringtones?
Mark,
Size it not combersome to me anyway. I going to be getting this case and screen protector for it http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Rub...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1602870
I probably would put in a shirt pocket more than I would a jean's pocket. I never put a phone in my jean pocket I always think I might bend the phone in half. But this phone seems like with the alloy back it is pretty strong I think. I be to afriad to put in jean pocket just because of the screen though. I will before summer time get a belt holder thingy. No expandable memory slot but Microsoft gives you that 25gig storage with Office that is one the phone and Amazon has 5gig free storage too. I am sure you can get ringtones from Marketplace or put your own on I not gone that far yet.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with the size of the phone and looking odd in my pocket but I also don't wear skinny jeans (I'll let the ladies wear those thank you very much).

You can record or download your own ringtones. It's very easy to do. You can find guides online (I'm too lazy to link one)

My woman and I love our titans (she is a bit of an Amazon so it fits her well) except we both suffer from the muddy voice issue. I am working with AT&T and HTC on the issue...

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I'm no big guy but I can finally read a screen easier! What's this about the call quality?
Call quality is ok but I only had limited amount of calls. I can see people saying it sounds digitized/muffled and it somewhat worse on Cell calls then it is on Landlines. It reminds me of the days when Cingular (as I was with Cingular many moons ago) was TDMA before GSM came along. I not seeing Voice quality as a show stopper but that is just my opinion. My thing was I hope to have some sort of Windows Media player on this phone.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't really need a Hotmail account; I signed up for a Live account with my primary Gmail account a long time ago, and it's what I use with my Titan today.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the new device. I am enjoying mine a whole lot. I've actually been watching out for the reception on my Titan... noticing a lot of 1-2 bars or no service recently. It's usually deep in stores (malls) or bus terminal going home, but I noticed in a Walmart that my Sprint 9930 had service while my Titan didn't. I believe my other AT&T devices had service as well... I noticed as I couldn't check in while in store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon