New Titan Device on Feb 5th

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I dare them to release another phone after people bought the previous handset!!I say a class action lawsuit coming!!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

sarcasm? Only a fool in a lte area that wanted to utilize lte would buy a 3g device imo. Especially when everyone knew lte phones were right around the corner.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have some issues as well but geez... I paid a PENNY! :p

i can live with it now since call quality seems better, even if I need to use BT to call it's not bad. Still have an upgrade line available a back up focus S and in 18 mos I can upgrade again.

I'll hold. :cool:
Exactly... and I got mine for a penny cheaper than that. FREE!

Regardless of some of these issues, I may keep this device. Lol.

Only issue for me that I may have and will monitor is the reception and wifi.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The Titan is a great device but some of the nagging issues is making me and others rethink their decision.

Call quality
Audio pops
Wifi connectivity
Light bleeding
SRS problems

and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner. With no fixes announced it does seem like a good option to wait until after CES to see what's available.

I have not had call quality issues that I have noticed, or been informed of. I don't have wifi or audio issues either. I also don't see why people get so bent on "light bleeding." It's not like there is light pouring out and burning our eyeballs. I honestly can't say that I have ever even noticed any light bleed. I don't really spend my time looking for it either though.

Also, it doesn't matter what device you get, there will be problems. The TITAN has a good GPS, good performance, good feel, and a great display. I can make calls and have not had connectivity issues. For me, everything just works. I guess that is what matters most to me.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
sarcasm? Only a fool in a lte area that wanted to utilize lte would buy a 3g device imo. Especially when everyone knew lte phones were right around the corner.

Are any of the new windows phones even 3G? Aren't they ALL 4G HSPA capable?

I hope the Elite or whatever it will be called has a 2100mah battery for that LTE antenna. My area is covered by 4G HSPA+ on the Att map yet I still have areas that do not get any service. Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you are in an LTE area your phone will not be trying to find a LTE signal at times destroying your battery life. Most android LTE owners turn it off unless they know they will be in an LTE area for a while and want that faster data.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not had call quality issues that I have noticed, or been informed of. I don't have wifi or audio issues either. I also don't see why people get so bent on "light bleeding." It's not like there is light pouring out and burning our eyeballs. I honestly can't say that I have ever even noticed any light bleed. I don't really spend my time looking for it either though.

Also, it doesn't matter what device you get, there will be problems. The TITAN has a good GPS, good performance, good feel, and a great display. I can make calls and have not had connectivity issues. For me, everything just works. I guess that is what matters most to me.

Your Titan not having any problems is good, but that's not much of a consolation prize for the rest of us. These issues are affecting us and they do matter. Sweeping glaring problems underneath the rug because "nothing's perfect" is not acceptable when we're the ones that have to foot the bill.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Your Titan not having any problems is good, but that's not much of a consolation prize for the rest of us. These issues are affecting us and they do matter. Sweeping glaring problems underneath the rug because "nothing's perfect" is not acceptable when we're the ones that have to foot the bill.

If you are that unhappy, return it. I am truly sorry you are having these problems, but you presented it as all Titan users are having these problems and that is simply not the case either.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
going in on Friday when my rep says she should have a new titan coming in... going to test it out and compare and if it's the same I'll either keep this one or get another Focus S.

Call quality seemed improved with my work on it but with continued testing it really is hit or miss

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well right now ATT has two devices that are LTE and HSPA+ in my area the Vivid and the Samsung SkyRocket the guys at mt ATT store say that LTE will be in Ft Smith by the end of 2012 or early 2013. Those devices are being used by the sales guys on HSPA+ and if the Nokia 900 and HTC Elite are here in Feb then I'll take my chances with one of them. The BGR Article was a bit confusing to me it said in one paragraph that the Elite was a 4G LTE device and then another paragraph it seemed to be saying that the Elite was an android phone running ICS.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If you are that unhappy, return it. I am truly sorry you are having these problems, but you presented it as all Titan users are having these problems and that is simply not the case either.

**Also, it doesn't matter what device you get, there will be problems.**

Yet your suggestion was that we should just settle because every device will have problems. When the tool that we bought specifically to communicate with people doesn't allow us to communicate, that is not a problem we should just remain quiet about. Don't undermine our concerns because these problems don't affect you.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The Titan is a great device but some of the nagging issues is making me and others rethink their decision.

Call quality
Audio pops
Wifi connectivity
Light bleeding
SRS problems

and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner. With no fixes announced it does seem like a good option to wait until after CES to see what's available.

I don't have the first four issues with my Titan, and the fifth issue is a non-issue because you can turn SRS off. The only real issues I have with my Titan are Mango issues that all Windows Phones have. Plus, no device is perfect. Every phone in existence has its weaknesses. If you wait for a perfect phone you'll be waiting forever.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I did not even think that LTE was coming to windows phone till Apollo. Did I miss an article somewhere or am I just imagining things?

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yet your suggestion was that we should just settle because every device will have problems. When the tool that we bought specifically to communicate with people doesn't allow us to communicate, that is not a problem we should just remain quiet about. Don't undermine our concerns because these problems don't affect you.

No, my suggestion was for you to get a device that you are happy with. All the complaining and moaning in the world will not fix your current device. The things you are concerned about are essentially hardware issue that will not likely be fixed with a software update.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No, my suggestion was for you to get a device that you are happy with.

The suggestion that I responded to is this...

Those are your exact words. If that's not what you meant, too bad, that's what you said. Your suggestion was that we just settle for a broken device. Even your suggestion above is flawed because some of us are locked into a 2 year contract. Not only does it cost to make a warranty claim, it costs to break contract too. That's money out of our pockets, not yours. So excuse us if we feel the need to voice our concerns.

All the complaining and moaning in the world will not fix your current device. The things you are concerned about are essentially hardware issue that will not likely be fixed with a software update.

Actually, according to some international Titan owners, some of the issues HAVE been fixed via a ROM update. Perhaps all this moaning and complaining is so we can get that update too.

Last edited:

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The suggestion that I responded to is this...

Those are your exact words. If that's not what you meant, too bad, that's what you said. Your suggestion was that we just settle for a broken device. Even your suggestion above is flawed because some of us are locked into a 2 year contract. Not only does it cost to make a warranty claim, it costs to break contract too. That's money out of our pockets, not yours. So excuse us if we feel the need to voice our concerns.

Actually, according to some international Titan owners, some of the issues HAVE been fixed via a ROM update. Perhaps all this moaning and complaining is so we can get that update too.

You really need to let it go. You are acting like a 12 year old. My point is still the same. All devices have issues. Whether or not those issues affect you or you cannot live with them is your deal. There is no point in trying to quote me out of context.

I don't see a software update doing much for the signal levels. That is just simply not a realistic expectation. So, do yourself a favor and return the device. If you wait past the 30-day window and these problems don't get resolved, you will then only have yourself to blame.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I was being sarcastic. Lol. My area don't even have LTE yet, its coming in the summer. But for sure, im going to try and hold out for a LTE device. If I buy an LTE device with no service, I'll just make due with 3G until they flip the switch.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You really need to let it go. You are acting like a 12 year old. My point is still the same. All devices have issues. Whether or not those issues affect you or you cannot live with them is your deal. There is no point in trying to quote me out of context.

I don't have to quote you out of context. Your point is idiotic and terrible. The fact that you tried to change points upon realizing the stupidity of your comments doesn't make your suggestion any less idiotic. Perhaps you should go away while those who are at risk of paying additional money out of our pockets work to solve the issue. You clearly have no issues and no purpose bothering those who are legitimately working to have our problems resolved.

Furthermore, don't tell someone to "let it go" when you keep replying. You clearly haven't let it go either. But I'll take the high road and call you a 14-year-old because that makes you older and wiser than me...

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have to quote you out of context. Your point is idiotic and terrible. The fact that you tried to change points upon realizing the stupidity of your comments doesn't make your suggestion any less idiotic. Perhaps you should go away while those who are at risk of paying additional money out of our pockets work to solve the issue. You clearly have no issues and no purpose bothering those who are legitimately working to have our problems resolved.

Furthermore, don't tell someone to "let it go" when you keep replying. You clearly haven't let it go either. But I'll take the high road and call you a 14-year-old because that makes you older and wiser than me...

Now you are really showing your childishness. Resorting to name calling never helps any discussion. You obviously have nothing better to do than attack people on the Internet. I never changed my point, and just because you think it's "idiotic and terrible" doesn't make it so.

There are constructive ways of accomplishing resolution to some of your issues. Being melodramatic is not one of them. Returning the device is a LEGITIMATE choice and one I think you should make. I really don't see any possibility of all your issues getting resolved. It seems you would rather just keep the device so that you can have something to complain about.

What I mean by let it go is to stop taking a simple suggestion as a personal attack. I returned the Focus S because of a serious audio issue that was not tolerable to me. I liked everything else about the device. The popping sound between tracks was ridiculous. Considering I use my phone to playback audio on a daily basis, this was unacceptable. That is what I am trying to explain to you. If you are truly unhappy then you should at least consider that there may be a better device for you.

And for the record, you started all this nonsense by accusing me of "sweeping glaring problems underneath the rug," which I did not do. I stated all of my comments as to how they applied to me. You somehow took it personally. And you continue to keep putting words in my mouth that I never stated.

The only "sweeping" comments came from you. You stated "and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner" as if you have some quantifiable facts to back that statement up. Do you know nearly every AT&T Titan owner? What percentage is nearly every AT&T Titan owner?

Finally, I paid full price for my Titan. If anyone is at risk of out of pocket cost it would be me.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Now you are really showing your childishness. Resorting to name calling never helps any discussion.

**You really need to let it go. You are acting like a 12 year old.

Considering at no point in time I referenced you as a 12 year old, I'm gonna have to say you started it.

You obviously have nothing better to do than attack people on the Internet. I never changed my point, and just because you think it's "idiotic and terrible" doesn't make it so.

Your point was that nothing's perfect and we should accept that. I challenged the notion that those with defective devices should lay down and take it. Don't like opposing opinions - get off the internet.

There are constructive ways of accomplishing resolution to some of your issues. Being melodramatic is not one of them. Returning the device is a LEGITIMATE choice and one I think you should make. I really don't see any possibility of all your issues getting resolved. It seems you would rather just keep the device so that you can have something to complain about.

There are reasonable ways to a resolution, unfortunately, the first words to come out of your mouth was no device is perfect. Sorry, that's not a reasonable resolution. Changing your story to "no, you should just return it" doesn't change the fact that your original suggestion (the one I took issue with) was a bad one.

What I mean by let it go is to stop taking a simple suggestion as a personal attack.

Don't start your simple suggestions with You really need to let it go. You are acting like a 12 year old. You decided to go down this road. If you weren't ready for a response then you probably should of kept your mouth shut.

And for the record, you started all this nonsense by accusing me of "sweeping glaring problems underneath the rug."

Telling us that we should just settle is sweeping the problem underneath the rug.

The only "sweeping" comments came from you. You stated "and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner" as if you have some quantifiable facts to back that statement up. Do you know nearly every AT&T Titan owner? What percentage is nearly every AT&T Titan owner?

You're right, I don't know every Titan owner. Is that going to be your fall back strawman argument? There is more than enough of us voicing our concerns to make this a serious issue. If you don't care then be quiet and move on. You're not helping, only bothering.

Finally, I paid full price for my Titan. If anyone is at risk of out of pocket cost it would be me.

Did you know I actually don't care about your wallet?

Last edited:

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Considering at no point in time I referenced you as a 12 year old, I'm gonna have to say you started it.

Your point was that nothing's perfect and we should accept that. I challenged the notion that those with defective devices should lay down and take it. Don't like opposing opinions - get off the internet.

There are reasonable ways to a resolution, unfortunately, the first words to come out of your mouth was no device is perfect. Sorry, that's not a reasonable resolution. Changing your story to "no, you should just return it" doesn't change the fact that your original suggestion (the one I took issue with) was a bad one.

Don't start your simple suggestions with You really need to let it go. You are acting like a 12 year old. You decided to go down this road. If you weren't ready for a response then you probably should of kept your mouth shut.

Telling us that we should just settle is sweeping the problem underneath the rug.

You're right, I don't know every Titan owner. Is that going to be your fall back strawman argument? There is more than enough of us voicing our concerns to make this a serious issue. If you don't care then be quiet and move on. You're not helping, only bothering.

Did you know I actually don't care about your wallet?

Nobody told you to do anythng. Is that even possible over the Internet? What leverage would I have to make you do something? You have yet to provide a single valid response to any of the suggestions already made. Nobody suggested you lay down and take it or settle. In fact, the opposite is true. Returning a defective (your words) device is not taking it, it is returning it and moving on.

If anyone doesn't like opposing views, it is definitely you. I simply made statements that not everybody is having these problems. You, in turn, attacked me and accused me of sweeping it under the rug. Go back and read for yourself. This is the point at which I stated that you were acting like a 12 year old. 12 year olds tend to be overdramatic. You didn't like the fact that I stated I wasn't experiencing problems and gave a different point of view. You overreacted and are now in a battle to be right no matter what.

I did say that no device is perfect. I did not say that anyone had to accept anything. It is simply the realization that flaws exist and it is up to the individual to determine whether or not they can live with said flaws. That has been my point during this entire thread. And you are also the one who brought the cost into the conversation. Do you remember saying something about the ones that are footing the bill?

I am done with you on this. It is obvious you only wish to incite more drama. You can't even realize that my intentions were not what you are claiming. Also, I wasn't the only one that suggested that maybe you should return it. Maybe you should go back in the thread and read it again. I will give you a hint, gtg465x. So why don't you take it up with him as well?

There is no point in taking this any further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss