New Titan Device on Feb 5th

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just read the following on BGR - HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T ? the first LTE Windows Phone we know of ? and the release date is currently slated for February 5th.

Who's turning in their current Titan and waiting for the new one? I was having trouble with my microphone and was thinking of returning it anyways.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
certainly not for LTE alone. At the rate ATT is deploying LTE, I'd never even see it for the 2 years I'd have the phone. :/

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just read the following on BGR - HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T ? the first LTE Windows Phone we know of ? and the release date is currently slated for February 5th.

Who's turning in their current Titan and waiting for the new one? I was having trouble with my microphone and was thinking of returning it anyways.

Wow. Four months after original Titan release? That seems kind of lousy - like the iPhone thing a few years back, when Apple dropped the price a matter of weeks after release, and after early adopters had shelled out $200 more for their iPhones.

Bigger reason to reconsider is that if there will be a new Titan model, then this one will become orphan - having only been sold for a matter of months before the bigger, better one came out.

Could you post link to the story you read?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
'HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T — the first LTE Windows Phone we know of — and the release date is currently slated for February 5th'

Think its an LTE Titan Rocket_Girl

Yeah we don't want any of that Android rubbish! :D

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have LTE in my area (and with AT&T I probably won't in two years) but I should be moving in a year and it would be nice to take advantage of LTE if it's available. Plus I would get to keep all 4.7 inches of glory! Before I was going to take my Titan in to see about a replacement. Now I'm debating if I should hold out until CES. While I would hate to give up my penny deal, paying 200 bucks in Feb. wouldn't exactly cripple me.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
'HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T ? the first LTE Windows Phone we know of ? and the release date is currently slated for February 5th'

Think its an LTE Titan Rocket_Girl

Yeah we don't want any of that Android rubbish! :D

Still seems like a bait-and-swindle move: the early adopters who would most appreciate LTE Titan (perhaps) are the ones who will be stuck with the Faux-G version (or give them up now to wait). Perhaps they are counting on that: we may be the same ones to pony up AGAIN!!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Titan-like. It could be a completely different phone. Titan-like could simply mean another 4.7" HTC WP. There could be a lot different.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
There are more reasons for me to keep my Titan than to switch to this "titan like" device. First of all, LTE is a known battery killer. Until LTE is available with normal battery life, I am not interested. I have no speed or performance issues right now. I couldn't care less about LTE at the moment. In a year or two, possibly could care a little less than now.

Second of all, I am entirely happy with this device and not really in the mood to try anything new. New could mean potential issues. I normally would be all about next, but I have never been happier with a device than I am with the Titan.

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My concern is what if I wait past 30 days and I can't return it, only to find out there are some upgrades to the new Titan besides the LTE. Maybe a higher screen resolution, Amoled display, better reception (some people complaining of death grip), better microphone (people often complain they can't hear me clearly). I would be happy for any of these. But if LTE is it, I give up $35 restocking fee and a $25 app card for the chance to buy the new one for $199 (maybe more). I will be going to the AT&T store tomorrow about my sound issues and will decide in the store.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm more interested in what will be announced at CES. Which reminds me... Anyone going and want to drag my sorry phone geek butt with them? =P

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There are more reasons for me to keep my Titan than to switch to this "titan like" device. First of all, LTE is a known battery killer. Until LTE is available with normal battery life, I am not interested. I have no speed or performance issues right now. I couldn't care less about LTE at the moment. In a year or two, possibly could care a little less than now.

Second of all, I am entirely happy with this device and not really in the mood to try anything new. New could mean potential issues. I normally would be all about next, but I have never been happier with a device than I am with the Titan.

Agreed on all accounts. AT&T seems to let me upgrade every 18 months so I figure by then LTE and the phones that run it will have matured enough. This is also the rationale I used to not wait for the Nokia phone. As it stands I'm perfectly happy w/ my Titan. Er, excuse me, I mean TITAN.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

The Titan is a great device but some of the nagging issues is making me and others rethink their decision.

Call quality
Audio pops
Wifi connectivity
Light bleeding
SRS problems

and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner. With no fixes announced it does seem like a good option to wait until after CES to see what's available.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have some issues as well but geez... I paid a PENNY! :p

i can live with it now since call quality seems better, even if I need to use BT to call it's not bad. Still have an upgrade line available a back up focus S and in 18 mos I can upgrade again.

I'll hold. :cool:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems like if HTC wanted to release an LTE Titan they would release it on Verizon instead of AT&T. Verizon's LTE network is much further along than AT&T's.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait, there may be a better device 4-5 months AFTER the TITAN was launched? Say it aint so.

Really, why has the sarcasm emoction still not been released. It is obviously needed much more every day.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I dare them to release another phone after people bought the previous handset!!I say a class action lawsuit coming!!
Wait, there may be a better device 4-5 months AFTER the TITAN was launched? Say it aint so.

Really, why has the sarcasm emoction still not been released. It is obviously needed much more every day.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Something else to consider would be the state of our unlimited data...

I upgraded my Verizon laptop stick to the MiFi a few months ago, and was told that the MiFi was the last device to keep the Unlimited Data Plan for $60...anything above that (faster, LTE) would require me to change my rate plan. Now, that is on VZW, and it is a data device, not a phone, but we have already had to switch sim cards to accomodate the "new" network...how long before we have to bow down to the Empire and relinquish our data plans?

A "true" LTE device may be that straw that weighs down the camel too far...thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss