HD playback not as smooth as the recorded video ?

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys
Today I tested a HD trailer on my Titan and although it looked excellent on such display,I think it wasn't as smooth as iPhone 4.I maybe to sensitive but I think it was kinda less smoother.
So I decided to record a video with the phone and it's playback was very smooth(same as iPhone).
So,shouldn't the videos I synced from the PC play smoothly too ?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On a related note, the other day I tried out the new Xbox dashboard and downloaded a free 10 minute preview of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Looked fantastic on the Xbox. Then I remembered the Zune ecosystem and went to my computer, downloaded it, and sync'd it to my phone. I am 99% sure it did a transcode because it used a whole bunch of my Core-i7 CPU before actually starting the transfer.

Then I tried it on the phone. While the resolution and overall image quality is fantastic, the framerate appears juddery or at least lower than the source. I have a funny feeling that this was part of the transcoding process. It would bother me more if the phone was simply dropping frames, so I hope that's not it. I don't really know how to analyze the file that was transcoded and sent to the phone. Any ideas?

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
OK,so tested the trailer side by side with the iPhone 4 and it ran pretty much the same.(maybe a tiny tiny bit faster).
On a side note,Titan "destroyed" iPhone 4 in terms of video playback lol first because of the large screen and second because the colors look much better on the Titan ! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism