Muffled voice-my solution

cmboo

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I called HTC to report muffled voice. The rep told me she couldn't hear me, so she experienced the problem everyone else had complained about. As I was talking to her, I decided remove my case - it's a Case-mate that I bought at AT&T. Then she said "I don't know what you just did but I can hear you clearly now." They recommended buying a case from shopamerica.htc.com (which has nothing on the Titan) or any of these - daydeal.com, letstalk.com, boxwave.com. Pretty lame. I love my case-mate. I guess AT&T needs to be made aware of this - the Titan isn't compatible with their case. I guess this is their version of antenna-gate.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Happy for you, really I am, but this does nothing for the other 99% of the people that are dealing with that issue...

I would imagine that most people that are frustrated with the muffle issue have in fact pulled their case or skin off and made a test call "naked"...

I was never able to find any type of case for mine, so I can say with certainty that it was not any particular brand of accessory causing my issue.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup, never used a case here. The fact that this does not seem to be much of an issue from European users tells me this is probably software and the fix is probably already available and ATT just hasn't got off their butt to push it yet.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup, never used a case here. The fact that this does not seem to be much of an issue from European users tells me this is probably software and the fix is probably already available and ATT just hasn't got off their butt to push it yet.

Your theory is sound. If is true, as the 30 day window starts to come to a close over the next week or so, a mass return of Titans ought to make them at least take notice...

Not do something, just take notice...

TitanUser

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've used 5 titans (in stores and families) -- they are all muffled.. no cases...

I've used 5 titans (in stores and families) -- they are all muffled.. no cases...

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Happy for you, really I am, but this does nothing for the other 99% of the people that are dealing with that issue...

I would imagine that most people that are frustrated with the muffle issue have in fact pulled their case or skin off and made a test call "naked"...

I was never able to find any type of case for mine, so I can say with certainty that it was not any particular brand of accessory causing my issue.

I made test calls not just naked but backless.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I made test calls not just naked but backless.

Hey! You do realize this is a geek/nerd forum, right? Anyone who has identified themselves as being female is not allowed to say things like that...shame on you!

Now, everyone else--go wash your hands before touching your keyboards... :D

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have my Titan now for 8 days. The only sound issue I experience is with hearing callers when they call from their cell phones. The say I sound fine to them. On the hearing side I noticed that callers from landlines sound much better than callers from cell phones. I don't know what windows phone I would go to if I had to return this phone because I am now in a 2 year contract with AT&T and I don't see myself going to an Android phone after my recent hands on experience with my friend's Motorola Droid Rzr.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My friend asked me to look at his Droid Rzr to adjust the font size because he could not read anything on the phone. In finding a fix for that my experience working on that phone just wasn't for me. I never had a Android phone before and I am coming from a Nokia 5800. So working with windows mobile it just a pleasant experience for me. My friend saw my phone and said he could the different screens on his rzr everything was small.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have the case-mate and people gave complained about the muffled sound. This tough case might be a pain to remove but ill take it off and see if that helps. I'd hate to return this phone as I've got zagg and the case (extra$$) wrapped up into this so right now im on the fence.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It may be a little better without the case but the problem will still be there. Mine went from omg terrible to just bad without my case.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas on how to properly take off the tough case?

Nvm I pushed it out where the micro USB

port is. :)

Last edited:

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've tested my phone also with the case off and people now say that they can hear me just fine and the muffled sound is gone. I don't know if I can live without a case.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've tested my phone also with the case off and people now say that they can hear me just fine and the muffled sound is gone. I don't know if I can live without a case.

honestly I have done so many tests... case on, case off, back cover off, bigger hole, speaker phone, BT, to cell phones, land lines, 10 + times in each scenario asking many people to help me judge it, you name it!

And my conclusion is....

Sometimes in ALL these scenarios the phone sounds fine, great even... sometimes in ALL these scenarios it sounds like crap. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3