Soldier Down

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Cheers. Your TITAN down helped you get one of the good ones (at least as far as call quality). Its really too bad that time will run out on most of us (and on all the one-cent-ers) before HTC/at&t are all on board with a plan to help everyone get a good device.

Interesting 'beta test' concept: lure the tech-geeks in with a one-cent deal, get a slew of devices out there into different hands in a range of geographic areas and see what problems they have. The aficionados will look for, diagnose, deconstruct bugs, identify causes, and propose solutions. Presto: a bigger, badder beta-test for the cost of a few devices and loss of a few users.

Hmmmmm...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
brokenlumia-370x620.jpg

Fret not Dave, even Nokia Lumia 800's with their Gorilla Glass can't always save them when dropped.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
That's a the problem with all the new phones. They are all too thin and fragile. You could play football with my old Palm Treo's and not hurt them.

If you treat your Treos that way, I'm glad I didn't take one! :p

It must be the candy bar chassis that makes them all so fragile. I've broken two Imagios (which are from 2009--only a year after the last Treos were released) from dropping them. One from the top of a moving SUV (which, I think, was understandable) and one from my bed (which is just pathetic). Big screens==higher probability of breaking.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

It must be the candy bar chassis that makes them all so fragile. I've broken two Imagios (which are from 2009--only a year after the last Treos were released) from dropping them. One from the top of a moving SUV (which, I think, was understandable) and one from my bed (which is just pathetic). Big screens==higher probability of breaking.

Nokia 6260 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

I remember this phone from way back when ;), maybe that is why the candy bar style phone is the trend for smartphone's. If all smartphones were clamshells, it seems you would have one giant brick for a phone. A little off topic. Me personally, I have always prefered the candybar styled phones.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

That is why I have always said this Gorilla Glass thing is a tad over rated. You would think with all this modern technology, not to mention the cost of these smartphones.
They would find a way to make them with unbreakable glass, and one that does not scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3