Getting the Titan MMS to work

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have my unlocked Titan here. I'm using I-Wireless as my carrier. I have data and all that good stuff working...just can't get the MMS to work thanks to Windows shotty options.

I know one workaround is to jailbreak it and use a certain app, however I really would rather not do that to my new phone. Is there any other way around this currently?

Access Point: wap1.iwireless.com
User Name: none
Password: none
Authentication: Normal
Home Page: Apache Tomcat/5.5.9
Phone IP: automatic
Proxy Server address: 209.4.229.31
Proxy port number: 9201

That's what I need to put in...but the phones Celular APN is very limited.

Help? :(

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have my unlocked Titan here. I'm using I-Wireless as my carrier. I have data and all that good stuff working...just can't get the MMS to work thanks to Windows shotty options.

I know one workaround is to jailbreak it and use a certain app, however I really would rather not do that to my new phone. Is there any other way around this currently?

Are you able to download the HTC connection app and have it set everything up for you?

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it. For some reason, it placed itself under the compass app and named itself Compass. Made finding it a bit harder, but I found it. This was all done earlier btw.

But yes, I did try it, with no luck. It gets it all set up for data but MMS doesn't work. I tried both iwireless prepaid and postpaid.

Has it worked for other's with unlocked Titans?

After restarting the phone HTC's connection setup renamed itself and show correct now. No luck with MMS however.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I don't think you have the correct MMS settings. For AT&T it's
Code:
http://mmsc.cingular.com
For T-Mobile, which I think I-Wireless uses, it's
Code:
http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

The WAP setting (Wireless Access Point) setting I think are just for data.

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I-wireless is a t-mobile affiliate, but it's towers I believe are its own. T-mobile essentially has no coverage in Iowa, just goes off of I-wireless' towers. When outside Iowa, I'm on T-mobile but its not actually roaming.

Anyway, those are the correct MMS settings. I'm simply not provided the settings fields to place them in. This is what Windows Phone's APN field offers...

APN:
Username:
Password:
Proxy server/Server:
Proxy port:

Edit: I am very familiar with that blog's i-wireless info. Been through it, can't find any that helps. I believe that the only mention of windows working in there was for Windows 6.5 phones.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a GSM only HTC Trophy from Germany and I remember now when I put my AT&T SIM card in, I was able to get voice and setup internet/data, but MMS didn't work until I ran HTC Connection Setup. I was also frustrated with the limited access to network setting.

Have you asked over at the XDA forums?

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a GSM only HTC Trophy from Germany and I remember now when I put my AT&T SIM card in, I was able to get voice and setup internet/data, but MMS didn't work until I ran HTC Connection Setup. I was also frustrated with the limited access to network setting.

Have you asked over at the XDA forums?

Never been on their website, but I can try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3