05-05-2012 11:02 PM
77 1234
tools
    I went shopping just a bit ago had the phone in my shirt pocket for I would say 20mins and felt it vibrate. Took the phone out it rebooted. That's it I am calling Amazon Wireless since that is where I purchased the phone. Either I get replacement or going Android like AtrixII or something I dont know.
    12-27-2011 11:48 AM
    I went shopping just a bit ago had the phone in my shirt pocket for I would say 20mins and felt it vibrate. Took the phone out it rebooted. That's it I am calling Amazon Wireless since that is where I purchased the phone. Either I get replacement or going Android like AtrixII or something I dont know.
    Mine's done it 6 times since Friday. Unfortunately no one will give me any straight answers on how to replace it. Really turning me off from WP7 now.
    12-27-2011 11:51 AM
    Mine's done it 6 times since Friday. Unfortunately no one will give me any straight answers on how to replace it. Really turning me off from WP7 now.
    I just called Amazon Wireless who sold me the phone. I am getting a replacement tomorrow, same brand phone. I want to give this HTZ Titan one more chance. I have till the 1/12 to see how that second phone works. My Options are I can keep the phone, reverse the upgrade, or go with another phone at that point. I feel better about this now.
    12-27-2011 12:18 PM
    I just called Amazon Wireless who sold me the phone. I am getting a replacement tomorrow, same brand phone. I want to give this HTZ Titan one more chance. I have till the 1/12 to see how that second phone works. My Options are I can keep the phone, reverse the upgrade, or go with another phone at that point. I feel better about this now.
    Well I'm glad you're still giving it a chance and are able to get some straight answers. I finally talked to HTC and their "problem solving" was to take the battery out and then reboot the phone. If the problem persists, factory reset it. If it still persists, then send it to HTC where it would get repaired while I'm without a phone for a few weeks. I'm in the Army and can't go without my phone for that long a time. A lot of our communication nowadays is through cell phones.
    12-27-2011 12:43 PM
    If you must get an android look at the Vivid its 4G and also LTE ready its got a large screen and its 99.99 at ATT and 74.88 at Sam's Clubs. I am not switching to Android but I saw it in the ATT atore and it looks really nice and the price at Sam's is quite good as well.
    12-27-2011 04:07 PM
    How many of you experiencing this issue bought from Amazon? Wonder if they got a bad batch.
    12-27-2011 06:02 PM
    How many of you experiencing this issue bought from Amazon? Wonder if they got a bad batch.
    Best Buy, in store. Sorry!
    12-27-2011 11:59 PM
    My phone has been up for 1 day 12 hours. Just collecting data. I do not at the moment consider myself to have "a rebooting problem." I have quite a few apps but have manually disabled many background tasks just because I don't need that functionality from those particular apps. Perhaps enabling everything would trigger something (including disappearing keyboard, I presume).
    12-28-2011 09:24 AM
    I wonder what makes the difference in putting the phone in a shirt chest pocket vs in a inside cell phone pocket of a jacket? I noticed the reboot issue when its in my shirt pocket not jacket pocket. Mine has an uptime of now 23hrs 20mins since my last reboot I mentioned in my last post. Today I kept the phone in my jacket's cell phone pocket.
    Still waiting on my replacement to come anyway to try it.
    12-28-2011 10:10 AM
    Mine has rebooted twice since it passed the 30 day window on the 26th. That is the only times it has done this. That and the keyboard vanishing a few times are the only problems I have had with my titan.
    12-28-2011 12:42 PM
    Don't blame WP7 :) this is 100% HTCs fault. If you look at HTC's track record they have a history of releasing phones with terrible voice quality. Android, WP7 or whatever...
    12-28-2011 12:51 PM
    I got my replacement phone just earlier this afternoon. I swapped it for the original Titan. I had an interesting conversation with an AT&T rep on the phone when I called to update the IMEI number. His opinion was that HTC makes world class phones and that he checked his system for any advisories on the Titan and there wasnt any. His thought that any issues that may be causing the reboots and the voice issue are related to software. His recommendation was to go with an Android device should my 2nd Titan phone be faulty. Now he was in billing so he didn't get specific, he told me to go to an AT&T company store an talk to a rep there because they know the phones the best being on the front line. Right now I have the replacement Titan with the only loaded software that shows uptime for me and the rest is factory. See how it goes.
    Personally, I taking it with a grain of salt but I don't want to live with a phone that going to drive me nuts.
    12-28-2011 07:35 PM
    At&t reps near me still no nothing about it. The 2 I returned, both people asked me how to remove the back to get to the battery. Then told me no one buys windows phone, you should get an iphone
    12-28-2011 07:46 PM
    At&t reps near me still no nothing about it. The 2 I returned, both people asked me how to remove the back to get to the battery. Then told me no one buys windows phone, you should get an iphone
    Yup...my experience as well.

Except for the suggestion to buy the iPhone--I think they could tell from the conversation we were having that I wasn't like the other sheeple that were there that day, drooling over the latest greatest gift to the wireless world...

**edit--actually, I was there to get the latest greatest gift to the wireless world, it just didn't have a half-eaten piece of fruit as the logo...
    12-28-2011 07:55 PM
    Yup...my experience as well.

Except for the suggestion to buy the iPhone--I think they could tell from the conversation we were having that I wasn't like the other sheeple that were there that day, drooling over the latest greatest gift to the wireless world...

**edit--actually, I was there to get the latest greatest gift to the wireless world, it just didn't have a half-eaten piece of fruit as the logo...
    It funny you both mention that push for Iphone. He was talking to me about Android devices. Ha. Maybe it's a quiet conspiracy against Microsoft. I don't know, really have to do your own homework with these phones now. The rep on the phone did tell me that he seldom gets calls with customers having Windows phone. He thinks that Android is the world standard. Of course that was just his opinion.
    12-28-2011 08:09 PM
    He thinks that Android is the world standard. Of course that was just his opinion.
    I was a Tmobile dealer back in 2008 when the G1 launched...the funny/interesting thing is that a few people wanted it, but only because it was a new shiny touchscreen phone. It wasn't as user friendly as the iPhone, and didn't really work anything like the iPhone, so Android didn't catch on right away...

Fast forward 3 years--just 3 years--look at it now...
    12-28-2011 08:26 PM
    My phone has been up for 1 day 12 hours. Just collecting data. I do not at the moment consider myself to have "a rebooting problem." I have quite a few apps but have manually disabled many background tasks just because I don't need that functionality from those particular apps. Perhaps enabling everything would trigger something (including disappearing keyboard, I presume).
    Over 2-1/2 days now. I am still not sure if some people are experiencing a hardware problem, or if it is a software thing. Or a software-hardware interaction that is specific to a phone model? I feel like it is more of an OS thing, though, and that if I install the exact same stuff and use my phone the exact way the people with the rebooting problem do, that I would experience the same thing.

Maybe people should completely disable the HTC attentive phone stuff. Then again, mine's all on...
    Last edited by kevm14; 12-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    12-29-2011 10:24 AM
    Over 2-1/2 days now. I am still not sure if some people are experiencing a hardware problem, or if it is a software thing. Or a software-hardware interaction that is specific to a phone model? I feel like it is more of an OS thing, though, and that if I install the exact same stuff and use my phone the exact way the people with the rebooting problem do, that I would experience the same thing.

Maybe people should completely disable the HTC attentive phone stuff. Then again, mine's all on...
    I dont know what to do now.
    I got the replacement Titan yesterday. At about 5pm or so I put the newer Titan online with the sim card. Since then It has rebooted twice once around 6am then again just now. Phone just sitting.
    My original Titan with no sim card been up continuously since I took the sim card out and just working on WIFI.
    I am beginning to think my original Titan is just slightly better of the two.
    I went into a company owned AT&T store and looked at the Vivid, AtrixII and the Samsung Galaxy II is it. I was not really drawn to any of those but if I had to chose if the 3 it would be 1) Vivid 2)AtrixII and then GII. I really dont like how you can't change font size in the OS with out going to a 10 step process. I kinda think the letters are small on Android (only slightly better on Windows) and I don't understand how they think that everyone has 20-10 vision. Yea you can do the finger thing make it bigger but in general the words under Icons etc are small.
    Going to the ATT store I did find out that my market Philadelphia, PA dont have LTE at least the suburb area where I am at. So it don't make sense to pay premium for a phone that has LTE ability because my area may not have LTE for at least another year. Anyway, I would rather have like a stable 2meg up/2meg down speed than a wildly fluctuationing speed based on time of day, cell tower etc but I guess I not making sense there.
    Anyway back to my issue I not sure what I am going to do.
    I going to do a factory reset on the newer Titan I have since that is what I did with the original one.
    I might just go back to my Nokia 5800 old reliable clean sounding too not reboots. delimas.
    12-29-2011 03:03 PM
    On second thought, maybe most people's rebooting problems are an old sim card and/or a flaky sim card slot. I believe these reboot by design if the sim is pulled and reconnected. A decent test would be to pull the sim and see how it behaves.

My sim is new and came inserted in the phone.
    12-29-2011 07:22 PM
    My sim is new and it has rebooted. Originally I had my old iPhone 3g sim card and had no reboots. About a 2 weeks after the 4g card is when I got my first reboot.
    12-29-2011 08:12 PM
    Have you tried tapping on the sim card and see if you can get it to reboot? Basically anything that suggests it's initiating its own reboot due to the sim.
    12-29-2011 08:16 PM
    Have you tried tapping on the sim card and see if you can get it to reboot? Basically anything that suggests it's initiating its own reboot due to the sim.
    I have to take the protective cover I have the phone in to do that. Oh I hate unsealing the perfect fit....
    12-29-2011 08:27 PM
    You might be on to something Kevm. I went through the first overnight with no reboot on either Titan that I have in hand. I am going to see how it does by this afternoon and get the returning Titan shipped back to Vendor this week.
    That metal holder for the sims card does seem flimsy. It seems like it needs something more.
    12-30-2011 06:38 AM
    You could try something like adding a single piece of tape to the sim card which would maybe press it into the contacts more securely.
    12-30-2011 06:50 AM
    You could try something like adding a single piece of tape to the sim card which would maybe press it into the contacts more securely.
    Funny: tape on the upper mic, tape on the SIM...
    12-30-2011 07:17 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD