Oh no not my Titan with random reboot.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The thing is, a lot of Titans are being sold and most people who have an issue will report it and look for answers. However, people who don't have any issues typically don't say a word in forums like this.

I'm pretty sure the muffled voice is a software issue because the mic works great when you do an audio recording and European owners running a different software build haven't been complaining. I'm betting it will be fixed with an update. For what it's worth, I haven't received any complaints from people I've called anyways.

I haven't experienced signal issues or rebooting either and I don't think these issues are widespread. I mean, only five to ten people have reported random reboots in these forums out of the thousands of Titan owners reading. Same with the signal issue. I've only seen a few people report it.

I hear ya. I think there is a lot validity to what you are saying. I have a GSM HTC Trophy and have had zero problems with it. The only major problem with the Trophy I have read about is the Verizon Trophy has trouble switching from CDMA to GSM and then back to CDMA.

I've been through a lot of phone launches and the issues with the U.S. Titan just seem a little excessive to me.

Muffled voice poll: http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/poll1459.htm

Signal Issues poll: http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/poll1460.htm

There's no poll on returns or reboots, but I have read a high number of posts of people who have returned their Titan and now this random rebooting issue is popping up.

Just my two cents.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any other Windows Phones do this? I know my Focus has rebooted about three times since I've gotten it--once today, which is why I took notice of this thread. I thought it was because I had been playing too many games and the memory just decided to give up, lol.

As for it being a contest phone, I understand your pains. I won my Focus from a contest and every time it does ANYTHING abnormal I freak out. Have you tried tweeting to @WinPhoneSupport or @WindowsPhone? WinPhoneSupport has always answered my questions, even if they aren't the most helpful (like when I asked if WP7 devices would be upgradable to WP8, they said that the info hasn't been released).

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any other Windows Phones do this? I know my Focus has rebooted about three times since I've gotten it--once today, which is why I took notice of this thread. I thought it was because I had been playing too many games and the memory just decided to give up, lol.

As for it being a contest phone, I understand your pains. I won my Focus from a contest and every time it does ANYTHING abnormal I freak out. Have you tried tweeting to @WinPhoneSupport or @WindowsPhone? WinPhoneSupport has always answered my questions, even if they aren't the most helpful (like when I asked if WP7 devices would be upgradable to WP8, they said that the info hasn't been released).

I have tried @WindowsPhone who never answers but usually I talk to @BenthePCguy who generally responds except for as of late. But I'll try out winphonesupport.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I found an application in marketplace called last boot up time
It shows when the phone was rebooted and uptime. Even though I just installed it showing uptime of 23hours and some minutes as of this posting.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My TITAN hasn't rebooted on me. Actually, I've had no problems with it at all. The only thing that bugs me is that it seems to stay charging at %99 for a very long time.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I went shopping just a bit ago had the phone in my shirt pocket for I would say 20mins and felt it vibrate. Took the phone out it rebooted. That's it I am calling Amazon Wireless since that is where I purchased the phone. Either I get replacement or going Android like AtrixII or something I dont know.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I went shopping just a bit ago had the phone in my shirt pocket for I would say 20mins and felt it vibrate. Took the phone out it rebooted. That's it I am calling Amazon Wireless since that is where I purchased the phone. Either I get replacement or going Android like AtrixII or something I dont know.

Mine's done it 6 times since Friday. Unfortunately no one will give me any straight answers on how to replace it. Really turning me off from WP7 now.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine's done it 6 times since Friday. Unfortunately no one will give me any straight answers on how to replace it. Really turning me off from WP7 now.
I just called Amazon Wireless who sold me the phone. I am getting a replacement tomorrow, same brand phone. I want to give this HTZ Titan one more chance. I have till the 1/12 to see how that second phone works. My Options are I can keep the phone, reverse the upgrade, or go with another phone at that point. I feel better about this now.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just called Amazon Wireless who sold me the phone. I am getting a replacement tomorrow, same brand phone. I want to give this HTZ Titan one more chance. I have till the 1/12 to see how that second phone works. My Options are I can keep the phone, reverse the upgrade, or go with another phone at that point. I feel better about this now.

Well I'm glad you're still giving it a chance and are able to get some straight answers. I finally talked to HTC and their "problem solving" was to take the battery out and then reboot the phone. If the problem persists, factory reset it. If it still persists, then send it to HTC where it would get repaired while I'm without a phone for a few weeks. I'm in the Army and can't go without my phone for that long a time. A lot of our communication nowadays is through cell phones.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

If you must get an android look at the Vivid its 4G and also LTE ready its got a large screen and its 99.99 at ATT and 74.88 at Sam's Clubs. I am not switching to Android but I saw it in the ATT atore and it looks really nice and the price at Sam's is quite good as well.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been up for 1 day 12 hours. Just collecting data. I do not at the moment consider myself to have "a rebooting problem." I have quite a few apps but have manually disabled many background tasks just because I don't need that functionality from those particular apps. Perhaps enabling everything would trigger something (including disappearing keyboard, I presume).

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what makes the difference in putting the phone in a shirt chest pocket vs in a inside cell phone pocket of a jacket? I noticed the reboot issue when its in my shirt pocket not jacket pocket. Mine has an uptime of now 23hrs 20mins since my last reboot I mentioned in my last post. Today I kept the phone in my jacket's cell phone pocket.
Still waiting on my replacement to come anyway to try it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine has rebooted twice since it passed the 30 day window on the 26th. That is the only times it has done this. That and the keyboard vanishing a few times are the only problems I have had with my titan.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Don't blame WP7 :) this is 100% HTCs fault. If you look at HTC's track record they have a history of releasing phones with terrible voice quality. Android, WP7 or whatever...

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement phone just earlier this afternoon. I swapped it for the original Titan. I had an interesting conversation with an AT&T rep on the phone when I called to update the IMEI number. His opinion was that HTC makes world class phones and that he checked his system for any advisories on the Titan and there wasnt any. His thought that any issues that may be causing the reboots and the voice issue are related to software. His recommendation was to go with an Android device should my 2nd Titan phone be faulty. Now he was in billing so he didn't get specific, he told me to go to an AT&T company store an talk to a rep there because they know the phones the best being on the front line. Right now I have the replacement Titan with the only loaded software that shows uptime for me and the rest is factory. See how it goes.
Personally, I taking it with a grain of salt but I don't want to live with a phone that going to drive me nuts.

airsmith

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
At&t reps near me still no nothing about it. The 2 I returned, both people asked me how to remove the back to get to the battery. Then told me no one buys windows phone, you should get an iphone

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
At&t reps near me still no nothing about it. The 2 I returned, both people asked me how to remove the back to get to the battery. Then told me no one buys windows phone, you should get an iphone

Yup...my experience as well.

Except for the suggestion to buy the iPhone--I think they could tell from the conversation we were having that I wasn't like the other sheeple that were there that day, drooling over the latest greatest gift to the wireless world...

**edit--actually, I was there to get the latest greatest gift to the wireless world, it just didn't have a half-eaten piece of fruit as the logo...

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup...my experience as well.

Except for the suggestion to buy the iPhone--I think they could tell from the conversation we were having that I wasn't like the other sheeple that were there that day, drooling over the latest greatest gift to the wireless world...

**edit--actually, I was there to get the latest greatest gift to the wireless world, it just didn't have a half-eaten piece of fruit as the logo...
It funny you both mention that push for Iphone. He was talking to me about Android devices. Ha. Maybe it's a quiet conspiracy against Microsoft. I don't know, really have to do your own homework with these phones now. The rep on the phone did tell me that he seldom gets calls with customers having Windows phone. He thinks that Android is the world standard. Of course that was just his opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077