Oh no not my Titan with random reboot.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I looks in the last boot time application and it looks like my phone rebooted around 4:30 am Eastern. But no reoccurance since then.
I am wondering if anyone else had a reboot around the same time on their Titan?
Is it possible that they pushing some sort of update?
Maybe to take care of the audio issues?

Mine's been up since 12/27 at 3:21AM (which is odd, as that wasn't me). So over 4-1/2 days.

Changed my brightness from 1 min to 30 seconds. No reboot.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I looks in the last boot time application and it looks like my phone rebooted around 4:30 am Eastern. But no reoccurance since then.
I am wondering if anyone else had a reboot around the same time on their Titan?
Is it possible that they pushing some sort of update?
Maybe to take care of the audio issues?

The answer to your question isn't going to be good to hear, but sadly it is no.

WP doesn't get OTA updates, the device has to be connected to Zune.

and with HTC just acknowledging the audio issues in the last few days, it would be unlikely that they would already be sending out the patch

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright everyone I may be on to something with the reboot issue.
I found (searched in Google) in another forum dealing with the HD7 reboot issues that if you uninstall any HTC apps instantly cures the reboot issue. If you go to Marketplace then to HTC apps if you have any of those installed uninstall them. A few users that did this said they didn't have the random reboot issue. Some suspected that it might be the HTC Hub doing this reboot issue. For one reason or another something with HTC is conflicting with the Windows Phone OS. Some said by uninstalling then later reinstalling that the problem did not surface again. I have uninstalled the HTC apps except for the HTC specific Tango app for Titan. I am going on 20 hrs. I had an issue with starting Gmaps by mistake and I hit the back arrow quickly and the phone crashed but that was my doing. This is worth a try for others to see if this helps. I doing this myself to see if I can hold steady for a couple days.

Rob.Elliott

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Titan, shut down :(

I had a similar problem, however my phone didn't restart it just powered off rather abruptly (It didn't shut down, rather it just went dead in a similar way as a PC would when you yank out the power cable) and wouldn't restart without performing a battery pull.

I phoned HTC and the girl on the phone said it might be a software issue. I didn't agree with her assessment since I was running the latest WP7 version and the latest Titan firmware. I'd also tried a factory reset. My gut feeling was that it was hardware.

Anyway I sent it back for a warranty repair on the 5th December and UPS prompty 'lost' my phone... I am still without my Titan and the HTC call centre have been about as much use as a cock flavored lolly pop. They say they are sending me a replacement but it won't arrive for another 5-10 days.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem, however my phone didn't restart it just powered off rather abruptly (It didn't shut down, rather it just went dead in a similar way as a PC would when you yank out the power cable) and wouldn't restart without performing a battery pull.

I phoned HTC and the girl on the phone said it might be a software issue. I didn't agree with her assessment since I was running the latest WP7 version and the latest Titan firmware. I'd also tried a factory reset. My gut feeling was that it was hardware.

Anyway I sent it back for a warranty repair on the 5th December and UPS prompty 'lost' my phone... I am still without my Titan and the HTC call centre have been about as much use as a cock flavored lolly pop. They say they are sending me a replacement but it won't arrive for another 5-10 days.
Wow your without a phone for this long....
It seems to me that HTC is very little supportive.
For me well it was a no go because phone just power cycled last night. This Time I called HTC last night but they offered very little help and in fact the phone call cut off or they hung up on me I dont know. The first person I talked to she took my infomation and didn't have any solution suggested that I talk to Warranty repair maybe they have ideas. I talked to that lady and the idea of a battery replacement came up but then the call went silent, maybe she put me on hold I waited for couple mins. It was 8pm at this point I just giving up. Today I got a automated survey call this morning about how my experience was with HTC and rated them 2's across the board.
I could "live" with the voice quality issue on this phone but not the reboot/powercycle and you don't hangup on your customers.
I think we can update the OS to Tango when its available but will that fix this issue when not all Titans have this problem
Maybe I should have purchase an Atrix II, I know Vivid been recommended but I cringe seeing Vivid is made by HTC.
My other option is to reverse my upgrade and just go back to my Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition.
I am too so torn with what to do. I have to decide by or on Friday.

Rob.Elliott

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The really frustrating bit is the quality of the service is very much dependent on the person you speak to, the first person I spoke to after I had a suspicion my phone was lost said that they had received it, that the USP parcel tracker probably hadn't been updated, and I should call back in about 7 days to see if it had been fixed. When I called back they said it never arrived...
I've got a work phone I can use instead, but it's a Blackberry Torch and it's bloody awful.

scarfinv

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Random Reboots

People have been experiencing random reboots on a variety of different phones, so I suspect it is not soley a hardware issue.

I've been googling the random reboot issue for a few days now, since I'd been experiencing the reboots more frequently.

I bought my Samsung Focus in December of 2010 - and it was very stable until after I got Mango - then reboots started to appear...

But now I'm thinking that this may have just been a coincidence.

I read in another forum that someone thought it might be an issue with a "bad" email. Getting rid of the email directly from the server seemed to help the issue when your phone didn't have to attempt to download it any more.

I did some checking on my phone, and I had a couple different email accounts set up that I use only infrequently - they were gmail. Since I'd moved my gmail calendars over to Windows Live last week, I decided last night to just delete all my gmail accounts from my phone to see what happened.

My phone has now been up for a little over 11 hours - that's the longest it's gone without a reboot in ages.

This may just be another coincidence... or maybe not!

Sigh....

Went 15 hours... then two random reboots, both while the phone was in my purse and not being used....

Last edited:

vsf

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright everyone I may be on to something with the reboot issue.
I found (searched in Google) in another forum dealing with the HD7 reboot issues that if you uninstall any HTC apps instantly cures the reboot issue. If you go to Marketplace then to HTC apps if you have any of those installed uninstall them. A few users that did this said they didn't have the random reboot issue. Some suspected that it might be the HTC Hub doing this reboot issue. For one reason or another something with HTC is conflicting with the Windows Phone OS. Some said by uninstalling then later reinstalling that the problem did not surface again. I have uninstalled the HTC apps except for the HTC specific Tango app for Titan. I am going on 20 hrs. I had an issue with starting Gmaps by mistake and I hit the back arrow quickly and the phone crashed but that was my doing. This is worth a try for others to see if this helps. I doing this myself to see if I can hold steady for a couple days.
Removing the HTC apps resolved my rebooting problem. In early December I had this same problem, my Verizon Trophy would randomly reboot, several times an hour. At that time I reset the phone and had to reinstall my apps. This problem returned 6 days ago. I was really close to resetting the phone when I saw the post about removing the HTC apps. This worked for me, I don't know why, but I know it worked. I had the following installed:

* HTC Hub
* Connected Media
* Tango (I have no idea why I had that installed)\
* Dock Mode
* Photo Enhancer
* Connection Setup

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ive got all those apps installed on my Titan and never had a single reboot.

I don't have an AT&T Titan so it may be peculiar to that with the older firmware.

Glad it works for those getting resets though. :)

face2k

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I use a HD7
I only have HTC hub and it's still restarts by itself.
for me it usually when im playing a game or using apps.
what about everybody else? same?
I send it back for repair twice they said there no problem with the phone.
second time i got it back they said it might be a battery problem so i bought a new battery yesterday and it's still the same.
when i was still using my first battery i tried uninstalling my HTC apps like hub, converter, flash light but still no use.
anybody have an update to this problem?
I think the people repairing aren't gonna help me.

update! uninstalled HTC hubs and i just got a phone call, picked it up and it rebooted.
should i uninstall the HTC flashlight,notes,checklist??? i think it's pretty usefull

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Rebooted 3 times in two days. Unless HTC releases a firmware update with the Tango update then it's probably time to say goodbye to the Titan I. If I'm forced to buy a new phone I'll probably snag a white Lumia 900.

ioannisgk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Some stuff i learned when i had this problem:

1. A combination of installed apps caused this problem on my Titan I.
Try to uninstall ALL HTC apps and see how it goes. Also, if you have Skydrive installed, uninstall it for a couple of days.

2. When i had the random reboots, i have noticed that they happened ONLY if i had my phone in my pocket UPSIDE DOWN. If i had the phone in my pocket the way i hold it when talking (microphone down, speaker up), the reboots did not happen.

Hope this helps.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So, for three days straight I get random reboots. For the past four days I haven't had a single problem. Make up your mind!!

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that has a Titan should unload it ASAP. It's to bad the AT&T version seems to have problems. I feel your pain since yours is randomly power cycling.
I ended up outright purchasing Dell Venue Pro and I am happy with it using StraightTalk TMobile sim card. The only problem I have with Dell Venue Pro is Compass does not work since upgrading the OS to 7720 on it but Mapping and getting directions works good with bing maps so I am ok with that. I do miss the 4.7 inch screen of the Titan still 4.1 inch is decent size.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that has a Titan should unload it ASAP. It's to bad the AT&T version seems to have problems. I feel your pain since yours is randomly power cycling.
I ended up outright purchasing Dell Venue Pro and I am happy with it using StraightTalk TMobile sim card. The only problem I have with Dell Venue Pro is Compass does not work since upgrading the OS to 7720 on it but Mapping and getting directions works good with bing maps so I am ok with that. I do miss the 4.7 inch screen of the Titan still 4.1 inch is decent size.

I dunno, boss, mine has hit uptimes of like 2 months before I manually shut it down just for any potential benefits. Seems to have been a particular batch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss