Jagged photos...well pinch to zoom

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been taking pictures with my Titan lately and I'm liking the quality of the photos. I've noticed that the pictures I've taken have some sort of jaggedness to them, but when I zoom in, the picture smoothens out and the photo quality is much better. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this a known os/titan bug ? Sorry if this was already mentioned else where, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this in their photos. Look at one of your photos and look for some jaggedness. Zoom in slightly and see if the jagged edges go bye bye. Thanks.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can't really detect any jaggedness on anything edboogie78, zoomed in or out, I have the camera set to 8M.

Only thing i can see is that the thumbnails on the camera roll are a bit unsharp but think this is because they are such large pictures shown in a tiny square.

Other than that all my photos seem to be fine outwith the thumbnails, whether zoomed or not.

I took a macro photo there of a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich but decided not to post it as it looked totally gross. :D

I'm loving the Titan's camera too. :)

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually noticed what you're talking about @edboogie78. The pictures I take with my Titan look dark and jagged when previewing them initially, but become brighter and smoother when zoomed in a little. It's the same case when previewing a picture in the Camera Roll in the Pictures Hub. My camera settings are all set to auto at 8M. It could be the deal where such large pictures are being reduced to small previews, but I haven't seen a similar case with other phones with 8M shooters and smaller screens.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been taking pictures with my Titan lately and I'm liking the quality of the photos. I've noticed that the pictures I've taken have some sort of jaggedness to them, but when I zoom in, the picture smoothens out and the photo quality is much better. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this a known os/titan bug ? Sorry if this was already mentioned else where, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this in their photos. Look at one of your photos and look for some jaggedness. Zoom in slightly and see if the jagged edges go bye bye. Thanks.

Not just jaggedness but also overall image contrast. Either the OS is rendering the image differently or it is using some kind of large thumbnail, so when you swipe between images, everything's fast because it's not trying to load the entire high res shot.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The problem is very apparent when I post my pictures to Facebook. I didn't have this problem with my focus s . It was always crisp and clear. I'm wondering if this is more of an HTC problem. It would be nice if I could post my pictures zoomed in :). I've also noticed there are squiggly lines around bright colors. Once zoomed in they disappear. I'll try to take a picture of what I'm talking about. I know I'm probably just being anal. I have good eyesight and its hard not to notice these little things. Overall I still like the image quality :)

I totally agree that the image could be a huge thumbnail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3